Hi there!

CookYouVillain

Hi guys and gals of the group!

my name is Rob, 35 and from Worcestershire! Been a massive gaming fan since my parents brought me a c64 back in the late 80’s. I’ve collecting games since early 2000’s and recently decided to go for a full PAL game release collection for Xbox 360.

Hope to get to know you all better soon 😁

Hey Rob, welcome mate.  The C64 eh, I vaguely remember playing Mission Impossible, Bruce Lee, Jet Set Willy and of course International Soccer, which was on a cartridge 🙂

Plus Football Manager, which was brilliant for its time.  

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

Currently at the moment on PS4 I'm going through Days Gone, Usually my son is on the PS4 playing Fortnite....

I lean more towards RPG's, Beat Em' Ups, Adventure but do have a little go on Overwatch from time to time. Although I'm rubbish at it and most FPS games come to think of it! 🤣🤣

Welcome to FG, Rob 😄 That's a great intro btw, loving you enjoy keeping games (I'm known to only like physical forms of games here 😉). I'll have to share my collection details with you soon as well, although it needs to be updated.

Glad you have a PS4, dont ever be put off to get on soon with us on a few games, we clearly are lower than your benchmark as we aim to please with our awful aims.

Really hope you enjoy your stay here, great to see you around other convos already too!

Lee

I’ll have to jump on a few games with you guys soon! I do play Destiny 2 on the odd occasion, though haven’t got the add ons which have come out so I’m stuck at level 20 so these days I mainly get destroyed by everybody. 🤣 maybe soon I’ll get them and level up.

just a warning to anyone if you ever see on my PS4 I’m playing Fortnite that’ll be my son. 

My wife and I are going to start cataloguing my game collection soon, like you, I only enjoy physical releases of games. Ive kind of given up tying to collect retro games these days as it’s just a joke at the moment with the prices. I was hoping the NES/SNES/PlayStation minis would curb the prices but it really hasn’t. 

4 hours ago, CookYouVillain said:

I’ll have to jump on a few games with you guys soon! I do play Destiny 2 on the odd occasion, though haven’t got the add ons which have come out so I’m stuck at level 20 so these days I mainly get destroyed by everybody. 🤣 maybe soon I’ll get them and level up.

just a warning to anyone if you ever see on my PS4 I’m playing Fortnite that’ll be my son. 

My wife and I are going to start cataloguing my game collection soon, like you, I only enjoy physical releases of games. Ive kind of given up tying to collect retro games these days as it’s just a joke at the moment with the prices. I was hoping the NES/SNES/PlayStation minis would curb the prices but it really hasn’t. 

Destiny wise, theres plenty of us to help you level up reasonably quickly so dont let that put you off 🙂

yeah, ironically I end up playing Fortnite on my Switch on the weekends because I need to help my son do the battle pass challenges! it's not that bad of a game now they have tons of objectives to complete.

Re: collections, once Gamestation on the high street stopped selling old games and they all went to eBay, people think as its 'retro' games are worth way more than they are. I always have a flurry of games in a small period or will look for a small job lot to try and justify paying over the odds for a game or 2.

I'll dig out a website that I used to use to log my games and hardware.

Game station was amazing, built a very healthy mega drive collection from there 4 for £10. Sadly I had to sell off most of my collection as life has away to kick you in the ribs on time. Slowly building up again now. This is why I’m going for 360 collection. Apart from my horse and me 2 there isn’t that many rare expensive games... yet 🤣

yes i will have to dust off destiny 2 soon and have a play through again ! Be good to play with people as I’m a bit of a loner! 🤣🤣

fortnite is is not a bad game, I’m just really, really bad at it! I did get PUBG on xb1 and enjoyed that but again was rubbish. Oh well, all in good fun isn’t it?! 

Sorry to hear you had to start again. I think they are the only thing the wife knows i'd never want to ever part with even if we have to sell everything else to keep us afloat. I did trade in 2 games once, felt physically sick afterwards and never did it again 😄

Some great games back in the OG Xbox and Xbox 360 era, i'd probably say they were some of the very best times for games. So many unique and great games back then.

Defnitely dust it off dude, at the end of the day, we enjoy just hanging and playing together. If we can help other get stuff done thats a Brucey bonus. Make sure you do matey 👍

I watch my son play Fortnite and he’s doing really well. Hands me the controller, dead in seconds [emoji1787]

I know that feeling dude. I used to good at it when it first came out and could actually win games. I’m happy now if I can last more than 5mins [emoji23][emoji2957][emoji85]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14 hours ago, Teenwolf25 said:

I know that feeling dude. I used to good at it when it first came out and could actually win games. I’m happy now if I can last more than 5mins emoji23.pngemoji2957.pngemoji85.png

I am really bad at FPS anyways, never been good. Only got through Fallout 3 because it had VATS!

It's just trying to shoot and build things at the same time, my fingers dont work that quick! I got top 10 on the odd occassion thats just sheer luck of landing in the right place and hiding lol

lol that'll be fun!

think the problem with these games (fortnite, pubg, c.o.d etc etc) people take them far to serious, the amount of time I have had people scream at me or not just being nice towards me is just real sad in my opinion.

Kid really having a moan about me on Fortnite, I won't use the language of course, basically saying I was rubbish at it.
To which i replied, "I know". Which seem to annoy him more than he threated to report me as he thought I was doing it on purpose....lol!

People need to chill out, remember when games were fun?!

lol that'll be fun!

think the problem with these games (fortnite, pubg, c.o.d etc etc) people take them far to serious, the amount of time I have had people scream at me or not just being nice towards me is just real sad in my opinion.

Kid really having a moan about me on Fortnite, I won't use the language of course, basically saying I was rubbish at it.
To which i replied, "I know". Which seem to annoy him more than he threated to report me as he thought I was doing it on purpose....lol!

People need to chill out, remember when games were fun?!

I don’t use voice chat with random but I’d just reply “it’s my first game” or “I just here to make you lose your games” [emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk