Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020/2024

Hey yo is Internet that bad and/or expensive there?

I pay like 50€ (Euro) monthly for a 1gbs flatrate connection here in Austria.

Also this game is SICK! I am a total noob when it comes to anything related with Airplane and general flight mechanics, terminology etc. I feel like I'd need a year to learn before going into the game to make the most out of it.. Wish there was an arcade mode for noobs like me lol.

Cheers

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Yep, for a country that likes its tech, our general internet is relatively weak. I pay around the same as you for 75mbs maximum. A lot of people don't even have half that judging by my colleagues at work when asked to provide these details a few months ago.

I'm looking forward to trying this Flight Simulator out too, it looks fantastic [emoji847]

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

I’ve been with NTL/Virgin since day one and always on their basic package as, I think I’m right in saying, it’s the connection that matters in gaming (ping). If it takes another 15 minutes to download, I can handle that. I stream TV sometimes and never have buffering issues. My download is 100mb/sec and the broadband/phone package is £32/month at the moment 

Flight sims for me? If you’ve seen me driving vehicles in games you’d laugh...I can’t even qualify to free drive in GTA! 😂😂😂

fa91d1c7-2525-4709-a13b-ae6fabba557e.jpg

Thanks to Capn_Underpants for the artwork

Although it's quite demanding on your internet speed, the game can be played 'offline' whereby it uses captured satellite still images and then the 3D terrain is automatically rendered. It's not up to the same standard as the photo realistic live captures but it means anyone who may struggle the internet side can still enjoy the game. Some major cities are also pre-rendered for offline too and if you play online and then revert offline, live locations you've previously generated online can be cached for offline use.  

I’ve been with NTL/Virgin since day one and always on their basic package as, I think I’m right in saying, it’s the connection that matters in gaming (ping). If it takes another 15 minutes to download, I can handle that. I stream TV sometimes and never have buffering issues. My download is 100mb/sec and the broadband/phone package is £32/month at the moment 

Flight sims for me? If you’ve seen me driving vehicles in games you’d laugh...I can’t even qualify to free drive in GTA! [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]
The only thing I have, as anyone who has faced off with me at the beginning of gun game in COD knows, is great ping[emoji28]

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

On 7/31/2020 at 8:36 AM, Plumbers Crack said:

IMy download is 100mb/sec and the broadband/phone package is £32/month at the moment .

100Mb/s Download rate would be an Internet package of approx 800Mbps (Mbit per sec). If so then that is really cheap. 

Just asking because a lot of people don't know the difference between Mb/s and Mbit/s (Mbps).

I got a 1000mbps or 1gbps connection, which allows for real 125Mb/s download rate.

So You you are telling me that the game is rendering in real time from the Internet when you play it? That seems dumb, why not just have it in the game files... ? I guess size is the big problem, but then again if it takes it's renders from the Internet, why is the game almost freaking 100Gb big? How many different Airplanes are there in game? Sorry if it sounds arrogant but surely the planes alone can't make out most of those Gb's ...

5 minutes ago, Godspeed said:

So You you are telling me that the game is rendering in real time from the Internet when you play it? That seems dumb, why not just have it in the game files... ?

Because the total file size would be 2,000tb!

The game only renders satellite scenery which you are flying over at that time. There is an offline mode where instead of the game being rendered direct from Bing, the world is premade like normal flight sims. It has less detail and doesn't render anything live but it removes the burden on the users internet. 

100Mb/s Download rate would be an Internet package of approx 800Mbps (Mbit per sec). If so then that is really cheap. 
Just asking because a lot of people don't know the difference between Mb/s and Mbit/s (Mbps).
I got a 1000mbps or 1gbps connection, which allows for real 125Mb/s download rate.

So You you are telling me that the game is rendering in real time from the Internet when you play it? That seems dumb, why not just have it in the game files... ? I guess size is the big problem, but then again if it takes it's renders from the Internet, why is the game almost freaking 100Gb big? How many different Airplanes are there in game? Sorry if it sounds arrogant but surely the planes alone can't make out most of those Gb's ...
In the UK we only talk in terms of download and upload, rather than connection, when referring to internet packages.

Apart from Lee, who only talks in terms of routers.

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

29 minutes ago, J4MES OX4D said:

Wembley Stadium hasn't been captured in 3D sadly - just a flat picture. Hopefully that will get updated. Southampton is captured perfectly though

E5727E203CB0ABEDA69C7462832EAFBFE01A5CFA

It has, no doubt some cockney crowds have nicked the arch overnight. Thieving bastards.

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb