Baldurs Gate 3

On 6/6/2019 at 5:27 PM, J4MES OX4D said:

Hmmm, I am interetsed when I wouldn't normally be. The studio making this are held in high regard so might be worth dipping my toes and fingers into this franchise.

Not sure what to make of the gameplay reveal - on the one hand it takes a lot from the quite magnificent Divinity Original Sin 2 but on the other it doesn't look like much of a Baldurs Gate title. I'm not expecting the game to look like Tyranny, PoE 2 or other modern takes on classics but it seems BG3 drifts too much for my liking. Even though I love DoS2, I'm just not to sure about a fuse like this. 

Game is coming out a month early on August 3rd for PC

BG3_patch8_01.png?width=1200&height=600&
WWW.EUROGAMER.NET

Balder's Gate 3 will now be released in full on 3rd August on PC. This is almost a month earlier than was originally anticipated.

I am looking forward to playing this, I have been umming and arring about getting it for my Playstation though, I know it means waiting a little but I think it will be easier to play ^_^ In the meantime I am playing the last Pathfinder game, I always find the combat in these games tough mind!

32 minutes ago, Luseth said:

I am looking forward to playing this, I have been umming and arring about getting it for my Playstation though, I know it means waiting a little but I think it will be easier to play ^_^ In the meantime I am playing the last Pathfinder game, I always find the combat in these games tough mind!

It's all based on D&D 5e so it'll definitely help embed your knowledge. I think the combat is turn based, which is a little less hectic than Divinity 2...

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

30 minutes ago, phil bottle said:

It's all based on D&D 5e so it'll definitely help embed your knowledge. I think the combat is turn based, which is a little less hectic than Divinity 2...

Similar to how I am playing Pathfinder then ^_^ I will be honest I have not got too far in Divinity 2 yet, I think I got pulled away by another game so maybe I might go back to that first and see if I can hold out till a deal on Baldurs Gate crops up ^_^ Only downside then is you get a bit of FOMO 😄

So I’ve played a bit more since release day and it’s really nice to have a game that is complete, isn’t divided up into improvised seasons with garbage content, and has no season pass or microtransactions, plus can be played offline. However the more I play, the more apparent it becomes that this is just a hardcore version of Divinity Original Sin 3.

It just doesn’t feel resemble Baldur’s Gate at all. The characters have layers of depth and deep interactions, yet I don’t feel much of a rapport between the party members. The combat system is also quite dull especially compared to something like Wasteland 2 and you can stumble into impossible encounters far too often.  

The writing isn’t as good as I was expecting from a narrator and dialogue standpoint and I also think the interface is hideous. Really not a fan of some of Larian’s aesthetics or general art style. Character creator and voice lines is extremely limited although the classes are riddled with depth. 

it’s a tough one - on the one hand this is a solid product that a lot of people will enjoy and on the other, it’s just another Larian RPG pretending to be a BG title that doesn’t ooze a personality or have the narrative to back it up. I found it to be amazing and intriguing at first but it’s beginning to stink in some areas and it’s shortcomings are obvious. 

Classic James and appreciated 🤗  yeah I do wonder when everyone goes mad for a game, if perspective is often lost. Fortunately we're kept grounded on here 😁

It's getting 800k concurrent players just on Steam and metacritic jumps between 93 and 94.

Hopefully by the time I get around to it the dust will have settled and more people will have played more and fed back. I am itching to try it out I must admit.

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

Another couple of quite annoying issues that people are blindly overlooking when giving it 11/10 scores is the pathing is broken for your companions - you can find a trap, swerve it and they'll walk over it. The other is a rather annoying pause every time you are given a dialogue choice. The camera moves to your character and then there's a 1-2 second awkward stop before the dialogue options appear. It sounds minimal but it actually affects the flow of conversation and looks absolutely fucking shite if I'm honest. Not sure if it's loading in dynamic algorithmic choices or if it's psyching you up for a choice option but when this happens 4-5 times in a single scene, it begins to annoy.  

Game has been and continues to be a massive success. Not a single micro transaction or pay walled content.

Still, I'm not allowed to play it until Destiny: Original Sin 2 is completed. So, it'll be a tenner by the time I play it 😭😅

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

3 hours ago, GazzaGarratt said:

PC or Playstation version? Would the PS version be any less worthy than the master race one?

Just a different control scheme. It's probably going to be quite complicated on a controller compared with keyboard and mouse but game-wise should be just as decent as PC.

jeffersonclasswar.jpg