2019 First FG Update

Morning FG!

January's been one of those months for me but also a lot of people here. I apologise in advance for not being around enough to positively kick you all up the arse to have fun and be merry. I'm hoping a new month ahead and the seeing the games coming out over recent months will give us some fresh playtime fun to get some groups together.

I learnt alot about last year, we had a lot of grouping together, did far more activities and game nights across multiple games...actually more than the days we started playing Destiny 1 without it feeling like it! That doesn't mean it didn't take a ton of effort though to sort. Physically and mentally. We hit over 100k posts at FG and I also learned at the end of year our average age of FG is 33. Probably not surprising to regulars but it also shows why we're active at some parts of the year and not in others. The post count states though show we have something we should keep going for the sake of everyone's home from home.

We got a bit of feedback from some of you - thank you massively for doing that survey I created. Overall rating out of 10 was 8.29. That surprised me. Can't deny theres a few low scores in that average and that backs up my sentiment that I always think we can make FG far better than it is so it's a place to look forward to stopping by.

Things that people have asked want more of:

• More threads on various topics
• More FG videos
• The attitude we all have to one another to help
• More events
• More PC Gaming
• Quizzes

Things that people have asked to look into as they need more work, in no particular order:

• Calendar and also how to make events more accessible
• Grouping up online
• More diversity across gamers and countries
• More interaction on posts
• Consolidate dead spaces on forum
• Integration with all parts of FG
• More social presence
• Images
• Streaming
• The battle between WhatsApp and use of any FG elements
• More people
• More regular people
• Grab back existing groups of members

I'm going to start looking at getting an FG Roadmap installed so you can all see what we're hoping to do in the future and how close we are getting it. We'll also have a suggestion tracker so you can continue to add ideas but in an easier way.

Ultimately, we just need to group together and #makeFGgreatagain.

I haven't got shirts or some fluffy thing to get you back over to FG like a few years ago. I'd hope that's not needed to make you enjoy this place and that's not why I did that sentiment (although a merch shop wouldn't go a miss).

Let us know your thoughts as you'll start to see multiple changes in February.

Thank you for continuing to always be here and enjoying staying around any part of FG. Website, Discord, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, the lot.

Oh and TLDR: #makeFGgreatagain if that wasn't already clear. :D

GGFG