Apex Legends (Titanfall BR)

J4MES OX4D

Okay, interesting as Inwasnt expecting to hear that. I mean, I'd try it out but it has to be significantly better than CoD Blackout to peak my interest. As it's just a game mode it needs to do far more than just exist.

PC requirements (install from Origin).

MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS

Processor (AMD): AMD FX 4350 or Equivalent
Processor (Intel): Intel Core i3 6300 or Equivalent
Memory: 6GB - DDR3 @1333 RAM
Graphics card (AMD): AMD Radeon™ HD 7730
Graphics card (NVIDIA): NVIDIA GeForce® GT 640
DirectX: 11 Compatible video card or equivalent
Online Connection Requirements: 512 KBPS or faster Internet connection
Hard-drive space: 22GB 

RECOMMENDED REQUIREMENTS

Processor (AMD): Ryzen 5 CPU or Equivalent
Processor (Intel): Intel Core i5 3570K or Equivalent
Memory: 8GB - DDR3 @1333 RAM
Graphics card (AMD): AMD Radeon™ R9 290
Graphics card (NVIDIA): NVIDIA GeForce® GTX 970
DirectX: 11 Compatible video card or equivalent
Online Connection Requirements: Broadband Connection
Hard-drive space: 22GB

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

2 minutes ago, phil bottle said:

Origin is already broken. I'll try PS4 too.

I signed into Origin and 19.59, refreshed once at 8pm and as soon as it was available, I hit the download before they even announced it was available to play right now😎

Servers are probably in meltdown right now! 

14 minutes ago, J4MES OX4D said:

I signed into Origin and 19.59, refreshed once at 8pm and as soon as it was available, I hit the download before they even announced it was available to play right now😎

Servers are probably in meltdown right now! 

I logged out and then back in again, downloading now :D

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

I had a quick go of the tutorial.

Seems well optimised, in ultra settings I was getting 144 fps, at 1080p.

It's smooth, shooting feels satisfying, but I'll know better when I play a game. Hopefully later tonight.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

Played a handful of matches - mechanics feel fluid as does the interface and the communication ping system is excellent with the middle mouse button. Bullet detection if a bit hit and miss and sometimes it's hard to know who's shooting at you and where from but there is fun to be had. Difficult to say whether it will keep people interested more than a week or two before going back to the usual suspects but there is potential here and some nice new ideas plus great implementations which is rare in a saturated genre like this.  

Well worth a try. 

This game is getting major rep on all social networks. I woke up to seeing at least a dozen tweets saying this is fresh, new style of Battle Royale and not one bad comment so far at all.

I've started my download. Keen to give this a go considering people are saying it has a lot more to offer than Blackout.

I played a few games last night. I got off to a rocky start as I died basically straight away the first few matches. But then I got better.

I really liked what I played as well. It runs well and looks good. It's nice and fast. It's not just another PUBG clone.

It's got some nice additions like being able to respawn your team mates and being able to ping enemies.

My main complaint at the moment is that you can only play as a 3 man squad. I'd like to see solo and duo added.

I think it's much better game than Blackout is. Plus I have more kills in this than I do in Blackout 😂

fart.gif

I quite like how they've done the deploy system too - jumping together with a choice of separating is great rather than just blindly jumping and trying to land with your team. They've really done a good job with the teamwork system especially for those that don't play with mics for whatever reason. 

It's off to a very positive start and nice to see without promotion, EA didn't have a chance to fuck it up😎

I cannot stress this enough how surprised I am with this game. I am not a BR fan at all but this game gave me chills loading up the first time. The game is really smooth, they didn't reinvent the wheel but the idea of the Legends are really solid. I just wonder if we will see a meta-game in the future. 

i7 7700k, 16GB RAM, GEFORCE 1080, 240GB SSHD, 2TB SSD

3 wins today and quite a few horrible defeats but what a great game this is and I hope the community sticks by it rather than going back to the usual BR games that have been in circulation for a while now.  

+ Solidly smooth mechanics

+ Great graphics

+ Well designed interface visually and in terms of functionality

+ Deploy system is superb

+ Communication ping system is simple yet ingenious

+ Legends add something extra than just being a blank character

+ It's FREE!

+ Microtransactions don't seem to aggressive and everything can seemingly be earned in-game

+ Respawn system adds something new 

+ Map is pretty decent

- Armour may need toning down

- Semi-auto, energy and burst weapons may need bolstering

- Progression needs to be developed

It's just a great game so far with far less bullshit than the likes of PUBG and especially Blackout. Whilst Treyarch fumble around trying to balance the fundamentals of their bad design decisions and execution; Respawn have created a solid game with their experience that understands what Battle Royale is all about. 

It's been a great surprise so far and I think the developers will do a good job if EA continue to keep their noses out of it.  

So far it’s getting huge reviews from streamers and YouTubers. All say the same thing. The game play is fantastic, movement and gun play feels a lot like Titanfall. The biggest complaints are ammo is scarce and you can only play in a three man team,no solo or duo. I’m going to try it out at some point mainly because I loved Titanfall,still one of the most underrated games and Respawn does the community right 

56 minutes ago, TigerBurge said:

The biggest complaints are ammo is scarce

Plus the weapon clips are incredibly small considering how much damage you have to do in relation to the base health and armour variants. AR's seem to have only 20 bullets and SMG's around 18. The fire rate is rapid on all of them so you are constantly reloading and bleeding ammo.  These were fine in Titanfall but not in a game like this so they'll either have to up the ammo and clip size or reduce the armour.