News update - Fallout 76

phil bottle

So, Bethesda broke their silence today with the following:

A huge thanks to all of you who have been playing Fallout 76 and embarking on this journey with us.
Millions of you are playing the game, and playing it a lot. We love hearing your stories, sharing your photos, and fighting alongside you in the quest to rebuild Appalachia.

As we continue to read your feedback and watch your streams, we understand there are also a number of frustrating issues. We want you to know that we’re committed to rolling out fixes and features on a regular basis, and implementing changes based on your feedback. We also continue to work on an incredible list of updates for the game, including new quests and events, new Vaults opening, a faction-based PvP system, and much more. We’re confident, with your support, we can make Fallout 76 an incredible experience for years to come.

UPCOMING PATCHES
We’re eager to get improvements for Fallout 76 into your hands as soon as we can. Even though we’re sharing some patch dates with you today, please keep in mind that timing may shift based on a variety of reasons, like server stability or other needs. If anything changes, we’ll be sure to let folks know here on the official website and our social media channels as we get closer to each release.

Let’s take a look at what’s coming up over the next few weeks:

December 4, 2018

Next week’s update will bring an increase to the Stash limit, as well as a variety of performance and stability improvements, balance changes, and multiple bug fixes to the game. We’ll have full patch notes available later this week ahead of Tuesday’s update.

Some notable issues being addressed in this update include:
Stash Limit Increased: We know many of you have been asking for an adjustment to the Stash storage limit, and we’re happy to share that we’re increasing it from 400 to 600. While this is somewhat conservative, we plan to increase the storage cap further once we verify that this change will not negatively impact the stability of the game.
Boss Loot: Players should correctly receive two to three items after taking down a boss, depending on the creature’s difficulty and level.
Cryolator Effects: Players hit with the Cryolator are now Chilled, Frosted, or Frozen depending on how many times they are hit. The duration of movement speed reductions applied by these effects have also been decreased from 2 hours to 30 seconds.
Respawning When Overencumbered: We’ve resolved an issue affecting players who die while overencumbered that only allowed them to Respawn at Vault 76. Now, overencumbered players will be able to respawn at the nearest discovered Map Marker.
Stuck in Power Armor: We’ve addressed an issue in this patch that could cause players to become stuck inside Power Armor. We’re also aware that there are some additional cases where this can occur, and we are actively investigating them.
December 11, 2018 The next update after December 4 is currently planned for the following week. Like previous patches, it will include a variety of bug fixes, but we’re also planning to bring some more notable changes and features to the game. You can catch a preview of these improvements below, and a full list of changes will be included in the December 11 patch notes.
PC Additions: A Push-to-Talk setting for Voice Chat, 21:9 resolution support, and a Field of View setting are all being implemented on PC with this update.
SPECIAL Respec: After level 50, you’ll be able to choose between a new Perk Card, or moving a SPECIAL point you had previously allocated.
C.A.M.P. Placement on Login: Your C.A.M.P. will no longer be automatically blueprinted and stored if someone is occupying your location when you log into a server. Instead, you’ll receive a notification that your space is occupied. If you decide to find a new home for your C.A.M.P. on that server, it will be free to do so. However, if you don’t attempt to place down your C.A.M.P., you will be able to switch to a new server where that spot is vacant and your C.A.M.P. will be fully assembled and waiting for you.
Bulldozer: This is a new C.A.M.P. feature that will allow you to remove small trees, rocks, and other obstructions so it’s easier to create and place your C.A.M.P. when and where you want it. You can also "Bulldoze" to clear these items from the surrounding area to make your C.A.M.P. feel more like home!

We know the size of our previous patch on November 19 was very large, and downloading it was a frustrating experience for many of you—especially those who primarily play Fallout 76 on consoles. We hear you, and we’re working to reduce our patch sizes going forward so that you can get back into game as soon as possible on patch days.
Thank you once again for continuing to share your thoughts about the game with us on the official forums, on social media, and other community channels. Keep it coming! Your feedback is a huge help as we continue to improve and iterate on Fallout 76.
We’ll see you in the Wasteland!

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

The beta was pointless, should have done that months ago if they actually wanted to take on board feedback.

Still, it's a good game despite the issues and will only get better.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

300px-U_Wot_M8_Original.jpg
What I've played, I've enjoyed. No game breaking bugs, plenty to do and all in the Fallout universe. I can't speak for anyone other than myself here.
And, as I've said before, previous Fallout games prepared me well.
Bethesda are shit but to say this is a shit game would be an exaggeration, disingenuous even. It could be a lot better and they clearly fell way below expectations. I still like, it can't help that me old China[emoji16][emoji23]

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

I won't dwell too much on the audience at the Bethesda conference, other than I've never cringed so much in my life.

Fallout 76 will have an update later this year adding human NPCs and a major quest line. Plus dialogue. In other words, the game it should have been at launch.

Oh and a Battle Royale too. It does actually look decent.

It's free to play this week.

I'll add videos when I get a chance.

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

On 6/10/2019 at 11:27 AM, phil bottle said:

I won't dwell too much on the audience at the Bethesda conference, other than I've never cringed so much in my life.

Fallout 76 will have an update later this year adding human NPCs and a major quest line. Plus dialogue. In other words, the game it should have been at launch.

Oh and a Battle Royale too. It does actually look decent.

It's free to play this week.

I'll add videos when I get a chance.

If I do get chance I'll download the 50ish GB it is.

What was so cringey at the conference?

Though I doubt anyone on the forum actually has it on PC, it looks like Bethesda are buckling regarding exclusivity on their own shitty launcher as all owners of Fallout 76 will get it for free on Steam when the free Wastelanders expansion launches in a couple of weeks.

You just need to link Bethesda account with Steam before 12 April.

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

On 4/3/2020 at 5:07 PM, phil bottle said:

Though I doubt anyone on the forum actually has it on PC, it looks like Bethesda are buckling regarding exclusivity on their own shitty launcher as all owners of Fallout 76 will get it for free on Steam when the free Wastelanders expansion launches in a couple of weeks.

You just need to link Bethesda account with Steam before 12 April.

Inevitable really. Bethesda came crawling back to Steam last year and Fallout 76 (which was bargain bin material at the time) was heavily tipped to go for free as they couldn't even give it away. Be interesting to see if they have improved it to any degree or whether it's just something more for the media to mock. I don't think I have ever seen a game ridiculed so much in my life.

Steam price has just been revealed; £34.99😂

I was expecting free to play or £10 tops! It was literally bargain bin material a month after release so much so they were giving it away. Now because of some mediocre update, they a virtually re-releasing the whole thing. 

Ha yeah, I have it since launch and have played about 30 minutes. Every time I launched it I said you know what, fuck this, then closed it back down.

I'm going to give the Wastelanders thing a trial though when it hits Steam as I'll have a free copy. I currently have Destiny 2 gathering dust with 80gb on my hard drive so I'll switch that for Fallout 76.

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

So, much better than I expected. Much, much better. I've only played an hour and a half so take that with a pinch of salt.

Combat and movement is fluid and enemies seem less bullet spongy than usual Fallout games. I'm going for a melee build too, which I've never done before in Fallout and I quite like it.

The voice acting is well done.

That's all I can say for now. I hope theyve now laid a better foundation to build on but I'm sure they'll find a way to fuck it up.

It is weird though playing Fallout looking over your shoulder all the time for other human players. Too much DayZ means I'm always expecting some fucker to snipe me.

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

So, about 8 hours into my new character and the new storyline.

Must admit that I'm liking it a lot. If I compare it to Fallout 4 for the nearest comparison then I'd highlight the graphics and general ambience. I found FO4 a bit flat but 76 does a really good job of bringing out the colours and its beautiful in places....albeit on an aging engine.

There's much less constant attacks of enemies too, so you get a chance to breathe in the surroundings a lot more. Some of the trails I have taken have even given me Fallout 3 like sensations, which I didn't expect, but the NPCs and missions and interactions remind me more of New Vegas. The conversations are well written and the voice acting decent so far. Plenty of dialogue options.

You have to eat and drink, which is an interesting mechanic as everything you eat, even the food you cook, give you rads...and you have to eat and drink regularly, so constantly building up those rads. I've already taken a perk to have less rads from food and drink, which I've never bothered with in previous games.

I'm pleasantly surprised that I'm actually enjoying it. I believe there's still plenty of bugs but not encountered anything yet. Human players just ignore me and those that have approached have just said hi and moved on. Changing servers takes a few seconds if ever needed but nope, not a bother.

I will play more.

jeffersonclasswar.jpg