America question

VGon_BGon48

57 minutes ago, Baabcat said:

No way , that law was written in 1791 and it’s still all totally fine. Those founding fathers really did want everyone tooled up with automatics. 

I believe young people would tag this with a ‘#sarcasm’

See that’s where 99% of people are wrong. To have or own a automatic weapon it will cost you thousands of dollars in permits and licenses. You don’t hear of automatic weapons being used in shootings. Those are semi auto weapons. It’s the lefts agenda to push assault rifle bans but do you or any of you know that while they were banned you could go into any sporting goods store and purchase a semi auto rifle. The Ruger mini 14 or mini 30 has always been sold. Didn’t fall under the assault rifle ban. Do you know why?  It didn’t look like a assault rifle. 

35 minutes ago, TigerBurge said:

See that’s where 99% of people are wrong. To have or own a automatic weapon it will cost you thousands of dollars in permits and licenses. You don’t hear of automatic weapons being used in shootings. Those are semi auto weapons. It’s the lefts agenda to push assault rifle bans but do you or any of you know that while they were banned you could go into any sporting goods store and purchase a semi auto rifle. The Ruger mini 14 or mini 30 has always been sold. Didn’t fall under the assault rifle ban. Do you know why?  It didn’t look like a assault rifle. 

My point Chris was, 1791, second amendment written, gives the right to bear arms. Best weapon of the day was a single shot musket that took 1 minute to reload and had shit accuracy. I know nothing about modern guns, except they are a tad better than the stuff the founding fathers wrote about . 

Getting rid of guns is impossible. You need to find a way of keeping guns out of the hands of crazy people.

Via the FG App

20 hours ago, crispymorgan said:

I shall also buy a monkeybike......

Y'all got a gun problem.  Any chance of tightening up those laws a little?

This is a good read but, be careful, it has long words with more than two syllables...

https://www.law.cornell.edu/wex/second_amendment

Via the FG App

fa91d1c7-2525-4709-a13b-ae6fabba557e.jpg

Thanks to Capn_Underpants for the artwork

3 hours ago, phil bottle said:

I'm more annoyed with James Madison's ideas on federalism.

Regarding guns, I'm glad we don't have them in this country but if we did, I'd probably get one.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

When people in the uk mention gun bans I normally ask " if you lived over there would you have one?" The answer is normally yes 😂

Oh and yes I would .

4 hours ago, TigerBurge said:

Don’t watch the NFL it’s a bunch of over paid babies. Watch college football where they play hard so they can get to the NFL and not hit anyone again. 

I do believe we get some college football over here but I like the highlights show because life's too short to watch a live game 😁

*Except superbowl*

5 hours ago, crispymorgan said:

Getting rid of guns is impossible. You need to find a way of keeping guns out of the hands of crazy people.

Via the FG App

This right here 

Why don't you use electric kettles to heat water? 

This thread reminds me of a video I watched. Some Americans received Yorkshire Tea bags to try, they followed the instructions on the box, so they boiled the water and literally put a splash of milk in the cup, looked horrible and then they said something about it being strong.... Well duh... 

12 hours ago, TigerBurge said:

This right here 

There is still a bit of work to do around gun laws, however.  You shouldn't be able to have a arsenal like a militia group and not pop up on some radar somewhere.  The biggest gains however I feel would be made by tackling mental health issues.  In the UK we seem to be having a knife problem, restricting the sale of knives only works to a point here.  The key is to reach people before they pop.  Maybe it's time to media blackout mass shootings.  No pictures, no names, no notoriety.  It's a shame for people killed, but  eventually their sacrifice would save others lives I'm sure.

20 hours ago, crispymorgan said:

I shall also buy a monkeybike......

1 hour ago, crispymorgan said:

There is still a bit of work to do around gun laws, however.  You shouldn't be able to have a arsenal like a militia group and not pop up on some radar somewhere.  The biggest gains however I feel would be made by tackling mental health issues.  In the UK we seem to be having a knife problem, restricting the sale of knives only works to a point here.  The key is to reach people before they pop.  Maybe it's time to media blackout mass shootings.  No pictures, no names, no notoriety.  It's a shame for people killed, but  eventually their sacrifice would save others lives I'm sure.

The laws are there. There is no need for more laws. They need to enforce the ones we already have. In most cases,not all, the person should of never been able to buy the weapon. A lot of the time the weapons used were not bought leagaly anyway so that wouldn’t of mattered. 

43 minutes ago, TigerBurge said:

The laws are there. There is no need for more laws. They need to enforce the ones we already have. In most cases,not all, the person should of never been able to buy the weapon. A lot of the time the weapons used were not bought leagaly anyway so that wouldn’t of mattered. 

But the more guns that are legally purchased the more guns can end up in the wrong hands, and the more easily and cheaper that is. Supply and demand.

And I don’t buy the ‘mental health is the issue’. Your murder rate is 4x that of the UK and worse than Zambia Sudan Angola. Are any of them dealing with mental health issues better than the USA ? It’s NRA bullshit.

I keep meaning to stay away from this thread but the denial of the problem drives me nuts.

I'm all for less guns and making them a lot harder to get, but the guns are already out there and they're not coming back.  More regulations would probably have some impact but it would be small.  People will still be able to get them a million different ways.  This is one of those things that "is what it is" here unfortunately.  It's a culture thing- people like guns and the media likes shootings.  

With the history in the US and the love of automobiles why can't you make decent ones?

Why do engines have 10000000cc and produce 5bhp 😉

Love seeing shows where someone pulls up in a car gets out walks down the street and the thing is still rocking  on its suspension in the background 😁

33 minutes ago, techno said:

With the history in the US and the love of automobiles why can't you make decent ones?

Why do engines have 10000000cc and produce 5bhp 😉

Love seeing shows where someone pulls up in a car gets out walks down the street and the thing is still rocking  on its suspension in the background 😁

Dude our cars suck.  Many of them look great from the outside, but the inside is just shit.  I've never owned an American car and really doubt I ever will.  I've had Hondas, Nissans, and now drive an Infiniti and those cars are exceptional inside and out.  I'm getting an X5 soon.

This all holds true except for trucks.  We kill it at trucks.  Maybe that's a thing for this thread - what's the deal with Americans and their trucks?  Well, trucks are badass.  The end.

3 hours ago, J4MES OX4D said:

Anyone concerned that American society will one day vote in a Kardashian for President? 

Trump certainly opened the floodgates proving that anyone who's famous has a shot.  Democracy is fine but it's biggest flaw is that Dumb FuckMcGee's vote counts the same as mine.  In my ideal utopian democracy, there would be a big test that every voter has to take.  However you score puts weight behind your vote.  There is literally no moral argument that can be made against that.  If you're dumb, your opinion and vote shouldn't really matter because you're not smart enough to vote with purpose.  

4 minutes ago, McNasty said:

Trump certainly opened the floodgates proving that anyone who's famous has a shot.  Democracy is fine but it's biggest flaw is that Dumb FuckMcGee's vote counts the same as mine.  In my ideal utopian democracy, there would be a big test that every voter has to take.  However you score puts weight behind your vote.  There is literally no moral argument that can be made against that.  If you're dumb, your opinion and vote shouldn't really matter because you're not smart enough to vote with purpose.  

Eh, I dunno. This is a pretty extreme example:  Ted Bundy's IQ was 136. Assuming he was never caught and/or jailed, why should his vote count more than the guy who dropout in grade 10, but works hard for his family and within his community? Again, yes, extreme example. I think your idea could be a slippery slope leading to some sort of caste system, though.

Just now, Rumelylady said:

Eh, I dunno. This is a pretty extreme example:  Ted Bundy's IQ was 136. Assuming he was never caught and/or jailed, why should his vote count more than the guy who dropout in grade 10, but works hard for his family and within his community? Again, yes, extreme example. I think your idea could be a slippery slope leading to some sort of caste system, though.

Well the counterargument there is that someone who really pays attention to what is going on, who votes with real knowledge, is evened out by someone who votes for a guy because he's white, or black, or a woman, or religious, or whatever example.  Doesn't matter what the candidates politics are because dumb voter doesn't understand.  There's something messed up about that.

3 minutes ago, McNasty said:

Well the counterargument there is that someone who really pays attention to what is going on, who votes with real knowledge, is evened out by someone who votes for a guy because he's white, or black, or a woman, or religious, or whatever example.  Doesn't matter what the candidates politics are because dumb voter doesn't understand.  There's something messed up about that.

I just assumed that you meant IQ, but it seems more like you mean a test of an individuals awareness of politics and their influence in society, etc. That would make far more sense. There definitely are plenty of intelligent people out there that have their heads up their ass when it comes to things outside their little bubble.

Why do engines have 10000000cc and produce 5bhp [emoji6]
Love seeing shows where someone pulls up in a car gets out walks down the street and the thing is still rocking  on its suspension in the background [emoji16]

This is probably not the time to say my ideal car has always been a Camero! [emoji23]

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

4 hours ago, GazzaGarratt said:

This is probably not the time to say my ideal car has always been a Camero! emoji23.png

Well you do wear glasses 😉

Tbh I like these shows that update classic American cars so you kind of get a pass on something like that 😁