The FG Football Acca

Dan94

Anyone fancy starting this up? I've done it before on other forums and with mates, can be a lot of fun and even better if we manage to win some money along the way, together!

Rules
  • Selections will be made each weekend - 1 selection per FG member (try keep these 'normal' markets which every bookmaker offers, eg Result/BTTS/Over 2.5 goals)
  • Selections must be made from 3pm KOs (so betslips aren't potentially ruined by an early KO or waiting for a late KO)
  • Pundits must provide reasoning for their selection
  • Pundits must post their choice below by midday on the Saturday - this gives enough time for members to see the selections and place the bet
  • Selections should offer good value, no point having all 1/4 odds, neither all 4/1 (around evens (1/1) I find is a good idea)
  • Never tell your missus about big wins ;)

Let me know if you'd be interested and I'll get the ball rolling. We really need a minimum of 4 selections per weekend to make it worthwhile with a maximum of 6.

@J4MES OX4D

@phil bottle

@GazzaGarratt

@Plumbers Crack

I know you guys like your footy :)

I'll start:

Match: Brentford vs Millwall

Bet: Home win

Odds: 10/11

Brentford have the 7th best home record in the division. Whilst this may not seem that impressive, the fact that Millwall have only picked up 2 points from a possible 21 away from home clearly shows their struggles on the road.

Brentford have lost just 2 out of their last 14 home games.

Millwall haven't won any of their last 8 away games.

Sounds a great idea [mention=1335]Dan94[/mention]....do we actually have to put money on or just pick a bet that we would do if we had the money?
Up to you mate. People just post their selection and then it's up to people whether they put money on or not

If we get a few selections I'll put a £5 on it.

Sent from my Samsung S9+ using Tapatalk

My first acca is 

Blackburn v QPR - DRAW 21/10
Derby v Birmingham - DRAW 9/4

Rotherham v Swansea AWAY 11/10

Hull v WBA - AWAY 11/10

Plymouth v Sunderland - AWAY 5/6

£1 staked and £85.49 back 

QPR have shot up the table of late and Blackburn have had a steady start to the season so a draw there is likely. Birmingham are also drastically improved so I think they may get something out of the game against a tired Derby who faced Chelsea earlier this week. Swansea should beat Rotherham and I hope WBA can finally get some consistency. Sunderland should beat the slightly improving Plymouth but that fixture could haunt me.

Second one

Newcastle v Watford AWAY 13/8 

Ipswich v Preston DRAW 21/10

Walsall v Burton - HOME 7/5

Wimbledon v Shrewsbury DRAW

£2 staked - Returns £112.30

I have a horrible feeling now that Newcastle will win their first bloody game of the season against a strong Watford side. Ipswich are struggling but could get something against fellow strugglers Preston.  Burton had a great win midweek against Boro in the cup but they may be a bit tired away at Walsall so I've gone the hosts there. Wimbledon are the worst in form in my selections against Shewsbury who looked pretty bad when I saw them against Oxford last week.  A scrappy draw there. 

I'm gonna take a pick from each division for saturday:-

- Fulham to beat Southampton - an organised Fulham under Raneri should beat Southampton. I think I got 8/5 on that.

- Millwall to beat Bolton - the Wanderers are wank. 7/8 for that.

- Fleetwood to beat Plymouth away (7/5) or Scunny to draw with Pompey (21/10

- Carlisle to beat Forest Green 7/5 - Forest Green played midweek and should be tired. Long trip for them and Carlisle won 4-0 away last match. FGR will probably only have 15 fans too. 9/5 on that I got.