Gran Turismo Sport Time trial

Greboth

1 minute ago, Greboth said:

Boredom of a track is a factor, I can’t do many laps either until I want to drive a different car/track.  I did wonder at the set up whether to make each round a week.  However I think it is nice to have longer to give everyone time to have a go but maybe we can change it to a week if people would prefer that.

No, two weeks is good. The Jap Grand Prix was more interesting for my new knowledge of the track.

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

Round 1 ends today to make sure you get your times in, so far posted in the thread

Me: 2:04.153

@Spacedeck 2:06.625

@phil bottle 2:09

@GazzaGarratt 2:12

If you've improved your times then post them up.  I'll be posted round 2 later tonight.

1103954298_AmosSignature.png.04556f304072cd09783cc1fdfec8fe9f.png

Round 1 ends today to make sure you get your times in, so far posted in the thread

[mention=1600]Spacedeck[/mention] 2:06.625
[mention=141]phil bottle[/mention] 2:09
[mention=312]GazzaGarratt[/mention] 2:12

If you've improved your times then post them up.  I'll be posted round 2 later tonight.
Works for me. I'll have a go tonight to improve my time.

[mention=1600]Spacedeck[/mention] 2:06.625
[mention=141]phil bottle[/mention] 2:09
[mention=312]GazzaGarratt[/mention] 2:12

Sweet, currently 2:08.670

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

2 hours ago, Greboth said:

@Spacedeck 2:06.625

@phil bottle 2:09

@GazzaGarratt 2:12

I did the beginners driving test thing to get some cash, I deliberately didn't buy anything knowing reset is coming hopefully I'll be able to jump in this next round. Just also trying to get used to the UI.

Just got my time slowly down to 2:09:394.

Think I left it too late but I still think Greebs and Space are a mile ahead of my times I could achieve on that one.

I think everyone is finished with this combo so posting now so I can go to bed :P

Round 1 Final times

1st Greboth - 2:04.1

2nd Spacedeck 2:06.6

3rd Phil Bottle 2:08.6

4th GazzaGarratt 2:09.3

So on to round 2 and the randomiser has thrown out

Track: Fuji Speedway F

Class: Gr3

I dont' know the track but it is going to be interesting in some faster cars and the added downforce is going to be nice too.

12 hours ago, techno said:

I did the beginners driving test thing to get some cash, I deliberately didn't buy anything knowing reset is coming hopefully I'll be able to jump in this next round. Just also trying to get used to the UI.

Sounds like a good plan, though if you haven't already I'd work through the challenges and the track challenges as each one gifts you a car so it is a relatively easy way to build up a decent garage.

3 hours ago, GazzaGarratt said:

Just got my time slowly down to 2:09:394.

Think I left it too late but I still think Greebs and Space are a mile ahead of my times I could achieve on that one.

That is why I like time trials as you can squeeze them in around other things easier than a fixed race time/schedule.  Suzuka is a difficult track to get perfect laps on so maybe the wrong one to start on but that's what you get for randomisers :D Hopefully round 2 combo is better for you.

When I created this time trial I didn’t realise you had to unlock tracks.  I guess I probably did but that would have been when it came it so I’ve obviously forgotten it.

I managed to get on last night for some laps though was too tired to do more than a few.  I think this track combo is easier than Suzuka though still a few corners you have to nail to get a good lap time.

The thing about this game is that it has actually made me learn how to drive properly in a driving game. I enjoyed all the driving challenges, and getting a new car when you complete a level is a good motivator. In the month or so I've owned this game my driving has improved a lot but I'll always be reckless with the brakes.

I'm on 1:40 for Fuji so far, faster without BOP enabled.

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

23 hours ago, Greboth said:

Oh shit :( sorry guys, I didn’t realise it was such a high level.  Presuming the tracks unlock in the order they are on screen, I’m happy to re-roll the track for an unlocked one.

21 hours ago, phil bottle said:

I'm happy to start again on another track, one all can have a go at, though definitely come back to Fuji, it's a nice challenge.

Don't be sorry Greebs, just gotta level up abit, that's all. Will take a few tracks and cups to get there but hopefully won't take too long.

Did we say 2 weeks? It's been a week so I reckon we either extend for another week or pick a different track and keep to the deadline of this Sunday. I'll take Greebs/Phil's lead.

Round 2 Combo (updated)

Car Class: Gr.3

Track Kyoto Driving Park - Yamagiwa + Miyabi

This is one of the earlier tracks so hopefully it is unlocked for everyone.

@GazzaGarratt@phil bottle@Spacedeck@techno