Running / Cycling

Thank Paul @slamminbones , however to keep that pace up for much longer distances would likely kill me! I need to get out for longer runs when possible but I get selfish as I feel it takes up too much of my own spare (or not so spare) time.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Running - unless I'm chasing after a ball - bores the crap out of me. As does walking. But I cycle pretty much everywhere. There's some chaps at work who are proper cycling enthusiasts, one of them

So the event I ran mid September for the 10k category I came 14th out of 220 with a time of 49.42 and my medal arrived in the post.         

Well done @Dan94  & @Baabcat Taking my wife out on a C25K and tonight was her first run to which i said she will be jeffing(run walk) Only did 1.5k in 15 minutes but told her each run t

Posted Images

6 hours ago, GazzaGarratt said:

Thank Paul @slamminbones , however to keep that pace up for much longer distances would likely kill me! I need to get out for longer runs when possible but I get selfish as I feel it takes up too much of my own spare (or not so spare) time.

Thats where i am lucky i have a club close by but we run varied distances anything from 5k to a 20 minute out and back again.

slamminbones.png

Looking into this with my brother and would love to put an FG team together. @LordBaguette  @Nutcuttlit  @GazzaGarratt @ChaosGladiator  @Marc ?

thinking of doing running / bike combination myself.

I will probably cycle most of it, but I am game

14 hours ago, Misneach_ said:

Looking into this with my brother and would love to put an FG team together. @LordBaguette  @Nutcuttlit  @GazzaGarratt @ChaosGladiator  @Marc ?

19 hours ago, Misneach_ said:

Totally, I can look to but I think you'd get even more than just the ones you have tagged. Maybe make a separate thread Matty and outline what we all have to do. Let's do this 👊😎

• 3 weeks later...

I've entered a virtual event where you run the distance you pick and you run your own route so I picked 10k. 

I am always trying to out do my self and set challenges i.e for 5k I wanted a sub 22 minute which took a while a ran a 5k in 22.41 then set a sub 50 minute for 10k was alway a couple of minutes off so I ran my 10k and managed a 49.42 knocking off about 2 minutes. 

Check out my activity on Strava: https://strava.app.link/4x8jrv8eE9

With this event for the 10k category there was 500 places as it stands I'm 2nd which I'm guessing I'll slide down the list in the coming days but there's still around 17 days till the event is over so if you run a better time you can update your time which I can't see my self knocking much more off but I will make sure to put up a screen shot of the final list. 

slamminbones.png

• 2 weeks later...

The running club I run with started back about 2 or 3 weeks ago and tonight was my first run back with them. 

Not overly happy with my time but i have been running alot with my wife at a slower pace but 24.38 is ok for 5k but need to knock a minute off. 

Check out my activity on Strava: https://strava.app.link/1I3o5RdQZ9

slamminbones.png

Not sure if i put it up here yet but my wife wanted to start running for her own reasons so as she's never been out or run before i created my own C25K and said i will have her doing 5k before she did 10 runs and in fact she did 5k on her 7th run but will explain below the schedule i created.

1ST run

1.5k with 4 breaks and with each break it was 30 seconds walk then straight back to running.

2ND run

2k this time with 5 breaks again 30 seconds of walking on each break.

3RD run

1.6k this time only 3 breaks again 30 seconds of walking. 

4TH run

2.5k with only 2 breaks again 30 seconds of walking.

5TH run

3.3k No breaks but run at a slower pace.

6TH run

4k only 2 breaks standing still for 20 seconds.

7TH run

5k only 2 break 30 seconds stand still.

8TH run

5k only 2 breaks 25 seconds stand still.

9TH run

3k this one was to work on pace no breaks.

10TH run 

5k her first without any breaks.

But the one thing that helped her was the motivation and instructions to which one she was not understanding where i was telling her to slow down as going at a faster pace you can't prolong the distance but now she understands that after going out today for a 5k and i gave no instructions only the route.  

slamminbones.png

Today I should of been running the Cardiff half marathon pretty gutted it was postponed till March but a small part is glad it hammering down and with this storm we got in Wales would be horrendous to run that distance in. 

slamminbones.png