Running / Cycling

Spacedeck

Thank Paul @slamminbones , however to keep that pace up for much longer distances would likely kill me! I need to get out for longer runs when possible but I get selfish as I feel it takes up too much of my own spare (or not so spare) time.

6 hours ago, GazzaGarratt said:

Thank Paul @slamminbones , however to keep that pace up for much longer distances would likely kill me! I need to get out for longer runs when possible but I get selfish as I feel it takes up too much of my own spare (or not so spare) time.

Thats where i am lucky i have a club close by but we run varied distances anything from 5k to a 20 minute out and back again.

slamminbones.png

Looking into this with my brother and would love to put an FG team together. @LordBaguette  @Nutcuttlit  @GazzaGarratt @ChaosGladiator  @Marc ?

thinking of doing running / bike combination myself.

I will probably cycle most of it, but I am game

14 hours ago, Misneach_ said:

Looking into this with my brother and would love to put an FG team together. @LordBaguette  @Nutcuttlit  @GazzaGarratt @ChaosGladiator  @Marc ?

cba

19 hours ago, Misneach_ said:

Totally, I can look to but I think you'd get even more than just the ones you have tagged. Maybe make a separate thread Matty and outline what we all have to do. Let's do this 👊😎

I've entered a virtual event where you run the distance you pick and you run your own route so I picked 10k. 

I am always trying to out do my self and set challenges i.e for 5k I wanted a sub 22 minute which took a while a ran a 5k in 22.41 then set a sub 50 minute for 10k was alway a couple of minutes off so I ran my 10k and managed a 49.42 knocking off about 2 minutes. 

Check out my activity on Strava: https://strava.app.link/4x8jrv8eE9

With this event for the 10k category there was 500 places as it stands I'm 2nd which I'm guessing I'll slide down the list in the coming days but there's still around 17 days till the event is over so if you run a better time you can update your time which I can't see my self knocking much more off but I will make sure to put up a screen shot of the final list. 

slamminbones.png

The running club I run with started back about 2 or 3 weeks ago and tonight was my first run back with them. 

Not overly happy with my time but i have been running alot with my wife at a slower pace but 24.38 is ok for 5k but need to knock a minute off. 

Check out my activity on Strava: https://strava.app.link/1I3o5RdQZ9

slamminbones.png

Not sure if i put it up here yet but my wife wanted to start running for her own reasons so as she's never been out or run before i created my own C25K and said i will have her doing 5k before she did 10 runs and in fact she did 5k on her 7th run but will explain below the schedule i created.

1ST run

1.5k with 4 breaks and with each break it was 30 seconds walk then straight back to running.

2ND run

2k this time with 5 breaks again 30 seconds of walking on each break.

3RD run

1.6k this time only 3 breaks again 30 seconds of walking. 

4TH run

2.5k with only 2 breaks again 30 seconds of walking.

5TH run

3.3k No breaks but run at a slower pace.

6TH run

4k only 2 breaks standing still for 20 seconds.

7TH run

5k only 2 break 30 seconds stand still.

8TH run

5k only 2 breaks 25 seconds stand still.

9TH run

3k this one was to work on pace no breaks.

10TH run 

5k her first without any breaks.

But the one thing that helped her was the motivation and instructions to which one she was not understanding where i was telling her to slow down as going at a faster pace you can't prolong the distance but now she understands that after going out today for a 5k and i gave no instructions only the route.  

slamminbones.png

I got and email offering me to transfer one of my events to a virtual one. 

Going to see if I'm able to do it with all my events just to get them out the way and start afresh when things get back to normal what ever normal was as that's just a thing of the past. 

Took it nice and slow just to try get my pace back but need to slow my pace down for some runs for my next challenge. 

T-shirt and medal will arrive next month

Check out my activity on Strava: https://strava.app.link/CIAY4Vorcbb

Screenshot_20201106_144058_com.strava.jpg

slamminbones.png

@slamminbones  that's good of them.  I probably should enter something I can run at home, I still haven't got a single medal in the 3 years I've been running 😹.  My event had been delayed twice before they decided to cancel this year and roll us over to next years event, which I think is in July.

21 hours ago, Spacedeck said:

@slamminbones  that's good of them.  I probably should enter something I can run at home, I still haven't got a single medal in the 3 years I've been running 😹.  My event had been delayed twice before they decided to cancel this year and roll us over to next years event, which I think is in July.

I have about 6 for run running a few for kickboxing and some trophies sadly no titles. 

On Facebook there's a page called race for pace that offer medals for total distance run in a month. 

I bought a house back in March only just got my medals and trophies up on the wall. 

Was thinking of my next challenge in running firstly it will be a sub 2 hour for a half marathon which should be easy then to run a marathon distance but for that I'll need to slow my pace and run a couple of 35km runs. 

IMG_20201028_201442.jpg

IMG_20201028_201423.jpg

slamminbones.png

@Spacedeck it's a board to hang medals on and for PB runs which you can rub them out and put new times on.

I would like a faster 10k run as it doesn't really correspond to the 5k time but as i stated i above i have another challenge i want to aim for which i may see if they do solo running events as getting a medal for a full marathon would be a massive achievement but i also want to compete in kickboxing again as it's been about 2 years since my last fight and this year i was supposed to be entering as many comps as i can as next year the wako world championships is in cardiff next year which is on my door steep and my instructor wanted me to be part of a team but with whats going on around the world seems that won't be happening.    

slamminbones.png

On 11/6/2020 at 7:00 PM, slamminbones said:

I got and email offering me to transfer one of my events to a virtual one. 

Just catching up on some threads and was gonna ask you the same as @Spacedeck  has and then you shown off the medals! Wowser man, great work. Do you just do all of these via the FB page or are there some different ones you can find on the internet? I think Matty @Misneach_  did the Ring of Kerry I believe? I really want to pick one of these up and maybe we could do it for charity purposes perhaps as a collective?

On 11/17/2020 at 4:03 PM, GazzaGarratt said:

Just catching up on some threads and was gonna ask you the same as @Spacedeck  has and then you shown off the medals! Wowser man, great work. Do you just do all of these via the FB page or are there some different ones you can find on the internet? I think Matty @Misneach_  did the Ring of Kerry I believe? I really want to pick one of these up and maybe we could do it for charity purposes perhaps as a collective?

All of the running medals apart from one are annual events plus you always get to hear of events through club members at the club i run with.

Still awaiting 2 medals to arrive one in the post the other i pick up but not bad on the running medals as i only started back in january 2019.

slamminbones.png

I have been put on a run leadership course by the club i run for it cost 165 pounds 155 pound is funded by the welsh athletics the 10 pound was for the 4 modules i had to do the weekend just gone this weekend i have the course not long only 1 hour 30 minutes which is online. 

slamminbones.png

11 hours ago, Spacedeck said:

@slamminbones What's the purpose of the course? Are you going to start coaching?

Main purpose is I can organise club runs do warm ups and warm downs but it's mainly means if someone gets injured I'm covered as for the coaching side that's something I might look at some time down the line 

slamminbones.png

And another medal for my growing collection. 

Got the chance to run it early as a virtual run as it was postponed till later next year which I want to bring down all my events to only the big ones to actually run the event on the day which is 2 half marathons and run from Cardiff Castle to Caerphilly Castle. 

IMG_20201205_172918.jpg

slamminbones.png

I haven't run much for quite some time so went out after work with my wife and father inlaw and after 1km I decided to run a different route just so I can open up on my pace a little(you can see that on my pace sections on strava)but the temperature when I set of was 20 degrees which was a little  harsh on dehydration but slowed down for 2km then picked up the pace a little for the last 2km.

Check out my activity on Strava: https://strava.app.link/5QVqpjX54eb

slamminbones.png

All runned out now but I could be out for another this evening. 

Went out with my wife and father inlaw for our clubs park run was supposed to be only 5k but I'm not complaining as I love running then a little rest then off I went on my own. 

Going to see how the day goes as I might end up out again tonight. 

Screenshot_20210403_123438_com.strava.jpg

Screenshot_20210403_123502_com.strava.jpg

slamminbones.png

Tonight my running club started back up and it's been a long 7 months since we were last able to run. 

I was going to take it easy tonight as on Saturday I did a 10k run so a cancer charity with my father inlaw and wife (we raised £400)and yesterday I ran 11.5k but as I was running tonight's club with my wife and father inlaw I said to my wife am I ok to run on ahead either answer I was going to but for the first 2k I struggled as you will see it in my splits in the picture but the last 3k I found a fairly decent pace. 

I haven't done a fast 5k for 7 months as most of my runs are with my wife but 25.02 for 5k is a decent time and way above average for my age. 

Screenshot_20210427_230858_com.strava.jpg

Screenshot_20210427_230908_com.strava.jpg

slamminbones.png