What phone do you have?

Dan94

16 hours ago, NCA-Paendrag said:

I have a Mate 10 Pro. What is it with EMUI that you think is awful? 

I have no issues with it and I use a custom setup. (buttons, colors etc) 

Changing home launcher was a pain in the arse. My widgets didn't work properly. Background app closing is too aggressive.

fart.gif

So I went for the S9+ and I have to say I absolutely love it. Glad I made the switch from Apple now. [emoji3]
How much is your package if you don't mind me asking? Trying to update my monthly package and not get rinsed at the same time.

3 hours ago, GazzaGarratt said:
On ‎9‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 9:38 AM, Dan94 said:
So I went for the S9+ and I have to say I absolutely love it. Glad I made the switch from Apple now. emoji3.png

How much is your package if you don't mind me asking? Trying to update my monthly package and not get rinsed at the same time.

I pay £44 a month for unlimited calls, minutes and 30gb of data. Will never use that much data, but it was for 15gb but O2 were doing double data on those contracts. Phone is the 128gb version

3 hours ago, Dan94 said:

I pay £44 a month for unlimited calls, minutes and 30gb of data. Will never use that much data, but it was for 15gb but O2 were doing double data on those contracts. Phone is the 128gb version

Any money for the phone as well? Or was it free? Looks like I'm gonna have to give up my 1TB per month at £19 if I want one of the latest phones. This helps know what I've got to pay around. Cheers.

On ‎9‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 5:03 PM, GazzaGarratt said:

Any money for the phone as well? Or was it free? Looks like I'm gonna have to give up my 1TB per month at £19 if I want one of the latest phones. This helps know what I've got to pay around. Cheers.

Was about £120 for the phone I believe but I got £200 for my old iPhone7 so was all good :D 

Best bet is to go on Carphone Warehouse and have a look mate. Its easy to compare deals there and they're much better than the 'deals' you get directly from your network.

Was about £120 for the phone I believe but I got £200 for my old iPhone7 so was all good [emoji3] 

Best bet is to go on Carphone Warehouse and have a look mate. Its easy to compare deals there and they're much better than the 'deals' you get directly from your network.
Think i will mate, cheers. I just can't even lay out a large figure upfront but maybe over a longer period of time i can increase my monthly price. I know if i want a later phone thats the only way for me.

1 hour ago, GazzaGarratt said:
23 hours ago, Dan94 said:
Was about £120 for the phone I believe but I got £200 for my old iPhone7 so was all good emoji3.png 

Think i will mate, cheers. I just can't even lay out a large figure upfront but maybe over a longer period of time i can increase my monthly price. I know if i want a later phone thats the only way for me.

What phones are you looking at / want?

What phones are you looking at / want?
One that is in the last few years. Large internal memory (at least 32GB) and has to be Android. That's about it tbh.

My contract has gotta be around 30GB data per month and can be used as a hotspot allowance too as my son needs it for his iPad whilst we're out and about.

What’s people reviews on the onePlus 6 or is it worth waiting to see what the 6T brings to the game. 

For a phone that hat is half the price of its competitors but near the top for its specs it’s definitely an interesting alternative to the usual IPhone/Samsung nonsense and wallet rip off 

APmVvKG.gif

15 hours ago, JBR-Kiwi said:

What’s people reviews on the onePlus 6 or is it worth waiting to see what the 6T brings to the game. 

For a phone that hat is half the price of its competitors but near the top for its specs it’s definitely an interesting alternative to the usual IPhone/Samsung nonsense and wallet rip off 

I'm pretty sure "Unboxed Theory" likes it and done a review video on it on YouTube. He's pretty reliable when it comes to unbiased views about new phones!

On 9/12/2018 at 4:24 PM, JBR-Kiwi said:

I've had one since launch and it's absolutely superb. It's the best Android phone I've owned and I owned a LOT of phones.

Camera is great, OxygenOS is excellent, it's nice and fast.

If you can wait then I'd suggest maybe waiting for the 6T as it will have a few improvements: smaller notch(even though the notch doesn't bother me), under screen fingerprint reader, bigger battery. But it's also losing the headphone jack. And it will most likely cost a bit more money.

If you can't wait then I can't recommend the OnePlus 6 enough. 

The only negatives are that it's super slippery as it's all glass; I got a skin from here and getting a screen protector is a pain as the screen is curved. I tried loads of glass ones and eventually got this one 

fart.gif

Would you all say that this deal is decent?

Samsung Galaxy Note 9 (128GB version)
50GB Data
£0 upfront cost
£46 per month
3 year contract
3 year? Fuck that! Also I thought 2 year was the maximum they could give you a contract for?

Via the FG App

fart.gif

3 year? Fuck that! Also I thought 2 year was the maximum they could give you a contract for?

Via the FG App

Are Virgin Media getting around it by giving me a contract for the phone then as its 2 contracts apparently? 1 for the phone over 3 years, then a 30 rolling contract for the sim card & data. Its there for all to see. I did think 3 years was a long time but equally if i had one of the best phones out there it should still be relevant in 3 years time.

Are Virgin Media getting around it by giving me a contract for the phone then as its 2 contracts apparently? 1 for the phone over 3 years, then a 30 rolling contract for the sim card & data. Its there for all to see. I did think 3 years was a long time but equally if i had one of the best phones out there it should still be relevant in 3 years time.
I'm pretty sure the phone has to be included in the contract.

Via the FG App

fart.gif

I'm pretty sure the phone has to be included in the contract.

Via the FG App

So what about this... if I take it put and then message Ofcom whatbmy rights are, do you think they could cancel the contract after 2 years? This could be a great loophole for lots to get a free phone for a decent monthly price.