What phone do you have?

Dan94

I've had an iPhone since the iPhone4, through to my current phone iPhone7. Little things have been pissing me off (3.5mm jack gone, shite battery, Apple interference after 2 years, more expensive etc) so looking at getting an Android phone which I haven't had for years, since about the S5 mini I think lol

At the moment its between the Samsung S9+ and the Huawei P20 Pro, so was just wondering...

What phone do you currently have?

What phone manufacturer have you found to be the best?

I currently have a Huawei Mate 10 Pro. Have had Huawei the last 5-6 years and best phones I've had. Last obe was the Mate 7. Both with over 4000 mAh batteries and it lasts for 2-3 days. 

A mate from work has the P20 Pro and he is very happy with it. Best camera available to date too. No 3,5mm jack though.  Think more and more is losing that these days. 

Samsung batteries is smaller. 

I have a iPhone 7+ had it almost two years and never had a issue with it. I had Samsung’s for ever always like them but after about a year and a half of use they always took a huge shit in performance. Battery wouldn’t last more than a few hours. Constant freezes. I’ve had zero battery problems with the iPhone 

I wanted a Google Pixel 2 XL, but when my wife renewed our contract there was a buy one- get one from for the iPhone X so I went with that. It's an iPhone so you know that whole deal. Solid phone in a controlled ecosystem, no complaints but nothing I would rave about. Face ID is terrible if you have glasses as I need to put them back on for it to work so that's slightly niggling. I really do like the notch at the top of the screen. It use to just be wasted space. 

i7 7700k, 16GB RAM, GEFORCE 1080, 240GB SSHD, 2TB SSD

2 hours ago, Dan94 said:

Not much difference between the S9+ and P20 Pro tbh, on a battery test the P20 Pro only lasted about 20 mins extra

Stuck between the two 🙄😁

It all depends on the camera then, where the P20 is better. 

Samsung got a 16mp main camera where the P20 Pro has 40. And also 4K video. 

3500mAh battery on S9+, and 4000 mAh on P20 Pro. 

P20 is cheaper too, at least in Norway. 

I've stayed with Samsung a while, currently on the S8+. Great phone and v. fast [emoji106]
I managed to get 4 years out of my last Samsung, which was a Note but the last year it did have a decline in performance.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

I need just any half decent phone as I've got the Mother in laws old Samsung J something.

Be interested to see what you  would say out of all your phones which ones would be a good c.£100 pre-owned to buy outright?

I'm not into Apple phones like some others. Everything just feels so restricted on them.

I don't understand Samsungs need for the curved edges. They are annoying more than anything.

I enjoy the phone to be honest, but I had to do several things on it to get it where its actually okay.

1. disable/ remove as many Bixby services as I could
  2. Download the Bixby Button remap app. Then I changed the Bixby button to open up my camera.
  3. Download Nova Launcher and get it set up.

Once I did those, it is actually an amazing phone.

Bixby is the biggest issue I have with Samsung products though. They really need to just stop trying to force people to use it.

I also picked up a Samsung Gear S3 frontier. Which is absolutely amazing!

mzXRAVE.jpg

Luke 23:34
'And Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they don't think it be like it is, but it do."

Okay, I gotcha! I didn't realize you were a newb for android.

So I dislike the newer GalaxyUI's

I don't find them intuitive, probably because I am old, and have reached a point where change, purely for new shininess, is annoying.

Nova Launcher is an app that completely changes the UI in Galaxy, there are a variety of options, I run the one that makes my phone look like the older Galaxy S3 and S4. If you are coming from apple products you might like the new Galaxy UI. I can't really say either way.

I will say this though, the Android is almost fully customizable, you just have to be willing to do the legwork to find how to do it.

'And Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they don't think it be like it is, but it do."

I don't find them intuitive, probably because I am old, and have reached a point where change, purely for new shininess, is annoying.

Nova Launcher is an app that completely changes the UI in Galaxy, there are a variety of options, I run the one that makes my phone look like the older Galaxy S3 and S4. If you are coming from apple products you might like the new Galaxy UI. I can't really say either way.

I will say this though, the Android is almost fully customizable, you just have to be willing to do the legwork to find how to do it.

Thanks for the info on that Nova Laucher Bart, never knew about it either.

It just shows though how many things you can do with Androids.

16 hours ago, Sennex said:

Cheers mate, makes sense.

Ill have a little play when I get the phone and may come back with questions as you seem to know what you're on about :P

Nova Launcher is absolutely the best third party launcher you can get on Android. I bought prime around 6 years and never use anything else.

As for phones I'm using the OnePlus 6.

It's the best Android phone I've had so far. And it's fairly cheap for what you get; mine was £529 with 128GB storage. It's super fast, battery lasts ages, camera is great and OxygenOS (the version of Android that OnePlus use) is the best version of Android I've used. Plus I like to run custom ROMs on my phones and OnePlus is one of the best for phones for them.

I had a Huawei Mate 10 Pro. While the phone was great the software was awful. I just can't get one with EMUI.

fart.gif

Nova Launcher is absolutely the best third party launcher you can get on Android. I bought prime around 6 years and never use anything else.

It's the best Android phone I've had so far. And it's fairly cheap for what you get; mine was £529 with 128GB storage. It's super fast, battery lasts ages, camera is great and OxygenOS (the version of Android that OnePlus use) is the best version of Android I've used. Plus I like to run custom ROMs on my phones and OnePlus is one of the best for phones for them.

I had a Huawei Mate 10 Pro. While the phone was great the software was awful. I just can't get one with EMUI.
I looked at the OnePlus but it was a bit too expensive for me

Via the FG App

fa91d1c7-2525-4709-a13b-ae6fabba557e.jpg

Thanks to Capn_Underpants for the artwork

7 hours ago, MrBiron said:

I have a Mate 10 Pro. What is it with EMUI that you think is awful? 

I have no issues with it and I use a custom setup. (buttons, colors etc) 

10 hours ago, MrBiron said:

So you have a 7?