What's a good starting Comic Book

So if I wanted to start reading comics, what comic and series is a good one to start from? Loved reading simple comics not related to superheroes when I was younger but could be a good thing to start, especially as my son loves superheroes. All suggestions welcome.

So if I wanted to start reading comics, what comic and series is a good one to start from? Loved reading simple comics not related to superheroes when I was younger but could be a good thing to start, especially as my son loves superheroes. All suggestions welcome.
Spiderman was my favourite when I was little

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

But if you want to avoid Superhero comics you could go for Asterix maybe, has humour and you learn a bit about history, kind of [emoji41]

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

On 7/28/2018 at 12:11 PM, phil bottle said:

But if you want to avoid Superhero comics you could go for Asterix maybe, has humour and you learn a bit about history, kind of emoji41.png

On 7/28/2018 at 12:38 PM, Plumbers Crack said:

Asterix! Absolutely for something a bit “cleverer” than the Beano....I have ~20 of these and the humour is spot on! 👍

Asterix is one hell of a shout! I've actually got a few of those old orginal A3 sized ones in my loft. I'll dig them out and see if the boy wants to read them with me.

Any others from a Marvel or DC nature?

On 7/31/2018 at 12:50 PM, GazzaGarratt said:

Asterix is one hell of a shout! I've actually got a few of those old orginal A3 sized ones in my loft. I'll dig them out and see if the boy wants to read them with me.

The Killing Joke. At least that’s what I think it’s called. It’s an alternate DC universe comic with the justice league. Bit dark though. Personally I was also always a fan of Lucky Luke and some comic involving 2 dudes and a weird yellow/black spotted animal... Can’t for the life of me remember what it was called 😂

The Killing Joke. At least that’s what I think it’s called. It’s an alternate DC universe comic with the justice league. Bit dark though. Personally I was also always a fan of Lucky Luke and some comic involving 2 dudes and a weird yellow/black spotted animal... Can’t for the life of me remember what it was called [emoji23]

It's funny how you just posted in here when I was just about tonpoat up one of my Asterix books I got down from the loft on the weekend. Going to give it a read and get back into these as I have a couple of them.

20181110_103912.jpeg

20181110_103936.jpeg
I'll also have a look at that Killing Joke one aswell and see where you can get a free look at them.