Forever Gaming's 'Feel Good' Fund

After speaking to a few people here and recently buying GTA for Hamza @SyntaxMonstr, I think it's time to share and give a go to what I'd like to be called FG's Feel Good Fund after @crispymorgan great shout for a name (FGFGF. Snappy right? ;) ).

Objective is simple - To help out as many FGers as we can to make them 'Feel Good'.

Surprises either go to people in need or someone we want to say thankyou or so we say 'Feel Good'.

This is what we are the BEST at. This is why FG continues because its more than just a forum. Everyone member here knows that and we should continue doing this as much as we can.

The part where its over to all of us is donations. I can ask at ad-hoc times in need or you can give regularly.

Not everyone can give regularly or at all but if you can it would be amazing even if you give a few pounds or dollars.

I would love to at some stage extend this to the running of FG however this is different. I will ask for help when the time is right separately as I want you to feel this is 100% Feel Good Money.

I want to know your geniune honest thoughts on this. Good, bad or indifferent - I need to know.

A couple of rules I will set out to start with.

1) If you want to give regularly, let me know and PM me. It is better to direct into account rather than paypal as we always lose a slight percentage for each donation.

2) no gift is too small. Even if you gave £1 or £2 I'm grateful. If we all did that each month we could give a game away each month.

3) If you donate and you want it towards someone or something specifically, please PM me. I don't want to 100% guarantee that it goes directly or not directly to someone, however your best intentions ALWAYS come first and I will communicate If its against your wishes.

4) If you have a suggestion for A Feel Good surprise please PM me. I will consult with other moderators to gain a consensus but ultimately I'll hold the final say. If you don't like this, speak up. If this picks up, I'll update it to a vote of trusted people.

I think that's it. Please don't just dismiss this. We've got a good thing going here and I want to keep it going for as long as we can. This is for ALL of FG.

Much Love

Lee

P.S. Donations ad-hoc you can use the donate button or alternatively PM me if you don't want it read on here. Thanks all. X

P.P.S. And btw, I know pretty much everyone's scenarios and troubles of late. We are pretty dysfunctional but for all of the imperfections, we are truly a unique and special family that should be allowed to Feel Good - and welcoming to new FG people always. 

Interesting that you bring this topic up today of all days... ;)

I am 100% behind this though, it is fantastic way to feel good in FG.  Unfortunately, as much I would love to, I don't think I can commit to a fixed amount every month but I will try to remember to donate at the end of the month if/when I can :)

With respect to your list, in order

1) I never thought of it before as I just clicked the donate button.  It has been a while since I've done so things may have changed but if you send it as a gift / to a friend or whatever it is called then there are no fees on it either end :) I don't think you can set it up to do it every month though.

2) & 3) I think these are a good point and maybe the most important ones.  No-one should feel obligated to give more than they want or to every gift / collection.

4) I agree, you are the Commander in Chief of FG and as such should have final say.

1103954298_AmosSignature.png.04556f304072cd09783cc1fdfec8fe9f.png

How do people feel about a sort of levy?

Running the forum is important and costs money but it's what we use as a family'home' FGFGF is important cuz it's for the family that use the home whether their newbies or old codgers. So, unless it's a 'special case/emergency' why not use 10% of each donation and put it towards running costs. If you get too much (that's good because people have been generous) put some back in the pot. Let people opt out if they prefer but it just makes it simple for donors

That's my £0.02. Any thoughts people?

fa91d1c7-2525-4709-a13b-ae6fabba557e.jpg

Thanks to Capn_Underpants for the artwork

5 minutes ago, Plumbers Crack said:

Running the forum is important and costs money but it's what we use as a family'home' FGFGF is important cuz it's for the family that use the home whether their newbies or old codgers. So, unless it's a 'special case/emergency' why not use 10% of each donation and put it towards running costs. If you get too much (that's good because people have been generous) put some back in the pot. Let people opt out if they prefer but it just makes it simple for donors

That was pretty much bang on what I had in mind, great idea if I do say so myself 😄

Thanks for the comments so far.

I'm happy to open it up to a small percentage to running FG but would like more comments on this please.

Don't get me wrong, it would help me no end and we could make this place even better (merchandise, blog, results section, etc) but it can't detract fromthe Feel Good factor we're the best at.

Any more thoughts people? Please shout up.

P.S. We have had 1 donation already which is ace.

P.P.S. @Greboth I'll look into the donation paypal thing. What i can see is that the donation always loses a small percentage for some reason.

On 4/14/2018 at 2:22 PM, Plumbers Crack said:

I like this. I still cover the hosting and domain renewal but Lee goes behind my back and spends tonnes of money on features and stuff without telling me, the sneaky bar steward. I've seen first hand some of the bills he's paid and.... Well let's just say they're considerable amounts, so helping towards that is important too. I'll chip in a bit when I can too.

banlol.png

Just wanted to say a few things are being sent out over coming weeks. Since the start of FGFGF we've already made an FGer smile to help fixing their kitchen leak.

I'll be posting the others up with more specifics once I know they are with them.

Thank you for being generous guys. If we can keep the pot flowing as much as we did recently we can keep the good deeds going. We can only keep doing this if you keep being legends.

Thanks FG. ❤️

So, to keep everyone in the loop:

• A parcel is on it's way to Kent
  • A parcel is on it's way to New Zealand
  • A parcel has been received in America - @Horrible_Hector, I know you don't buy many games so enjoy D2 with the expansion pass buddy, you deserve some Feel Goodness in your life!

We'll reveal the others when they receive their Forever Gaming Feel Good packages. Hopefully we'll see some pics on here of them :D

I also have one more special FGFG parcel too - a UK version of God of War. I'll start a separate thread about this one because I will open it up to anyone who would like it. A Quick 24 hour show of hands from when I put the thread up and I'll pull a name out of a hat.

This is what its all about - FGFGF is in full swing. Hope we can keep this going people, thanks for making this happen so far.

EDIT - Here's the God of War thread 

You're all a bit on the crazy side for including me in this. 
I honestly can't thank you all enough for what you've given me here, a chance to find more entertainment with the friends I love.

I'm very bad with emotion and also words of gratitude, so when Lee pulled me in to a chat and told me what was happening, I honestly couldn't speak aside from a "wow" here and there. I'm much better with written words.

I'm not one for sob stories, that's just not how I do. Just know that in this shit time for myself, especially concerning money, it means so much that I was thought of in this way.

Thank you.

39 minutes ago, Shucker said:

I have a few Humble Bundle codes I could throw in if they're of any use. Or I could just make a normal thread and drop them in there...?

You can add then to the feel good fund (send them to @GazzaGarratt) or give them away yourself. If you post a thread then I wouldn’t post the codes, just PM them to who ever wins/is chosen.

Tis very kind of you good sir 🙂

@Tadnothad Tad finally got his package Friday...he can now finally find his way on to GTA Fridays! Hope it brought the Feel Good factor to last week mate!

Hopefully the final package that was currently out on delivery to another FGer will get there this week or next.

Thanks for giving the Feel Good's out FG!

On 5/24/2018 at 1:33 PM, Capn_Underpants said:

The package was delivered in New Zealand. Now to test out that bad boy. :D@Corey the Kiwi

Hope you enjoy the Astro A10s Corey! You deserve it buddy, hope things are all good your end! 😁 @Corey the Kiwi

Wow! Opening the package yesterday and finding out that it was a gift from FG was an awesome surprise! Definitely an upgrade from my taped together “wireless” headset I was using 😅

I appreciate it a lot! I never would of thought a community I joined ~8 years ago when I was 13 would still be with me today! I’m super glad to have met so many awesome people through here. I’m extremely slack when it comes to posting but I’ve never forgotten this great community and love gaming with you all when our timezones match up - and now everyone should be able to understand the jibberish I speak a lot more clearly now 😁

Kia Ora.