Sea of Thieves

phil bottle

Nice Phil. I'm waiting for the game that is like Black Flag, I can't recall the name right now. Definitely looks a fun co-op game.

Via the FG App

Ubisoft are bringing out Skull & Bones, that's probably what you've seen.

I've also bought an early access pirate game for a tenner on Steam called BlackWake which could be decent.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

^Blackwake is awesome fun - so hilarious to play and it looks great. Really need to get back on that to see how its developing. 

Got into the beta of Ship of thieves and whilst all features weren't present; it was quite a bland experience and very watered-down (excuse the pun) compared to its ambitions. It looks stunning at times but it seems repetitive and could get boring fast. 

Also beware of Microsoft paid actor shills pretending to be gamers promoting the game...

^Blackwake is awesome fun - so hilarious to play and it looks great. Really need to get back on that to see how its developing. 

Got into the beta of Ship of thieves and whilst all features weren't present; it was quite a bland experience and very watered-down (excuse the pun) compared to its ambitions. It looks stunning at times but it seems repetitive and could get boring fast. 

Also beware of Microsoft paid actor shills pretending to be gamers promoting the game...
My first go on BlackWake I spawned in a ship in the middle of a battle where the captain and crew was speaking Russian and I didn't have a clue wtf was going on. Almost went for a refund. But I then went back in and spawned in my own ship by myself so I could learn everything. The tutorial is a link directing me to YouTube [emoji3] so i prefer to find out myself and I'm glad I can!

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

I relooked at this again after a mate at work mentioned it. I do think it has lots of fun in store, similar to a GTA style fun where looting everything and doing silly stuff like throwing up in a bucket then chucking it over your mate.

Also seen Rare have said they won't do microtransactions of any kind on this game. Could be a winner on the cards.

I relooked at this again after a mate at work mentioned it. I do think it has lots of fun in store, similar to a GTA style fun where looting everything and doing silly stuff like throwing up in a bucket then chucking it over your mate.

Also seen Rare have said they won't do microtransactions of any kind on this game. Could be a winner on the cards.
Yeah I'm definitely getting it, watched a lot of ppl playing the beta and I got hooked in.

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

Here's the PC Specs. They're aiming to give everyone a go on this which is great news that you don't need the most powerful PC to play.

seaofthieves_specs.png

The old GTX 770 still doing the business.

What a great card.

1080p at 60 frames, bosh[emoji41]

My dreams of a 1080ti are being destroyed by shit miners who are about 5 years late for the gold rush.

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

I pre-ordered the game from Amazon last night as I heard there's going to be another Beta before release. The good thing about pre-ordering via Amazon is that no money is paid until release, and I can cancel it any time.

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

There's actually a weekend test going on right now. Anyone who installs the Xbox Insider app can play test it on PC (Win10) or Xbox.

Is it just for the weekend or is there any chance it will be extended? If it can go into next week at the very least I'm willing to give the beta a bash.

Via the FG App

Is it just for the weekend or is there any chance it will be extended? If it can go into next week at the very least I'm willing to give the beta a bash.

Via the FG App

There's going go be another beta before release but this stress test is just til tomorrow!
I'll post here when I find out the next date!

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

Did you find out when the next beta is [mention=141]phil bottle[/mention]? Do you have to pre-order to access it?
They haven't announced the date yet, we'll probably get a week's notice.

You don't have to pre-order to access it, so long as you have an Xbox live account.

You can sign up to Xbox Insider and get access for free. I'll add a link here to it if that would help.

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

They haven't announced the date yet, we'll probably get a week's notice.

You don't have to pre-order to access it, so long as you have an Xbox live account.

You can sign up to Xbox Insider and get access for free. I'll add a link here to it if that would help.

They've just announced another test for this weekend. Open now!

I'm going home right now to hit the high seas[emoji8]

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

They've just announced another test for this weekend. Open now! I'm going home right now to hit the high seas[emoji8] 

Jumped on last night and had a bit of fun. In the last test I didn't really come across other players, other than spotting the occasional mast on the horizon. Different story this time around. 

You spawn into the game inside of a bar/pub/tavern on a small island. The island has some shops, a dock where your ship is moored and a little tent near the dock, where a scraggly old geezer gives you missions in the form of pirate treasure maps.

As I'm on my Jack Jones, the ship I've chosen is a sloop, with one cannon on each bow. Controlling the ship consists of pulling up the anchor, adjusting the length and direction of the sails and then taking the wheel.

The captain's cabin has a massive map of the game and here you try and find the island depicted on your treasure map.

Set sail. Find the island. Deal with skeletons. I have a pistol and sword, plus a blunderbuss in the ship armoury. Find the treasure location and dug it up. Take treasure back to ship and return to scraggly old geezer.

I did all of the above but met some other players on my trip back. Bigger ship, more cannon. They let me know their intentions by sending some cannon balls my way.

Here I had to make a decision, stay and fight, or flee with my booty and try and beat them back to the island. I didn't want to lose my treasure so I raced them back. I arrived just before them...but here is where is started getting a bit sweaty. Parking up at the dock would take me too long and leave me exposed. So I went close to the dock, let the anchor away and dived into the sea for the small swim to shore.

You know what the other ship did? They shot one of their players out of a cannon to try and get him between me and pirate scraggly. It didn't work. I just made it in time.

However, while I had received my reward, I now had some players that I had to deal with. The one on the island I evaded as I wanted to get back to my ship before they sunk it.

I got back to my ship, as I was as swimming back towards it, I saw two guys running around on it. They were trying to scupper my little sloop. I climbed aboard and we had a little fight.

The pistol is one shot, and it takes ages to reload. Three of us dancing around, them both trying to kill me. I got hit once while holding the captain's cabin and them outside popping off shots at me.

I wasn't having any joy, so i took out my sword instead and went YOLO.

Killed them both. After I killed the first one the other one shit his pants and tried to run. He ran straight into my blade.

There was still the other guy to deal with but I decided to pull up the anchor, go find their boat and sink it. Turned out the third one had gone back to his ship and was already sailing away.

I didn't chase at first but went in the opposite direction. For a little while. I waited about 10 minutes and then sailed back in the direction the other ship had gone. After a while I found it. Silly sod had moored next to a tiny desert island. He was on the island, off his ship, so I decided to cannonball it.

The next bit is the best laugh I've had in ages.

I loaded up my port side cannon and set it off to put a hole in the other ship.

The shot missed the ship. Flew over it. Flew as far as the island in fact.

Flew far enough that it hit the other player on the island and killed him.

Seriously couldn't believe it. Wet myself.

I got some experience/reputation points for the kill too. Epic[emoji41][emoji4][emoji38]

Would have been streaming it but the PS4 boys were streaming at the same time.

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

On 24/02/2018 at 12:15 PM, phil bottle said:

Jumped on last night and had a bit of fun. In the last test I didn't really come across other players, other than spotting the occasional mast on the horizon. Different story this time around. 

You spawn into the game inside of a bar/pub/tavern on a small island. The island has some shops, a dock where your ship is moored and a little tent near the dock, where a scraggly old geezer gives you missions in the form of pirate treasure maps.

As I'm on my Jack Jones, the ship I've chosen is a sloop, with one cannon on each bow. Controlling the ship consists of pulling up the anchor, adjusting the length and direction of the sails and then taking the wheel.

The captain's cabin has a massive map of the game and here you try and find the island depicted on your treasure map.

Set sail. Find the island. Deal with skeletons. I have a pistol and sword, plus a blunderbuss in the ship armoury. Find the treasure location and dug it up. Take treasure back to ship and return to scraggly old geezer.

I did all of the above but met some other players on my trip back. Bigger ship, more cannon. They let me know their intentions by sending some cannon balls my way.

Here I had to make a decision, stay and fight, or flee with my booty and try and beat them back to the island. I didn't want to lose my treasure so I raced them back. I arrived just before them...but here is where is started getting a bit sweaty. Parking up at the dock would take me too long and leave me exposed. So I went close to the dock, let the anchor away and dived into the sea for the small swim to shore.

You know what the other ship did? They shot one of their players out of a cannon to try and get him between me and pirate scraggly. It didn't work. I just made it in time.

However, while I had received my reward, I now had some players that I had to deal with. The one on the island I evaded as I wanted to get back to my ship before they sunk it.

I got back to my ship, as I was as swimming back towards it, I saw two guys running around on it. They were trying to scupper my little sloop. I climbed aboard and we had a little fight.

The pistol is one shot, and it takes ages to reload. Three of us dancing around, them both trying to kill me. I got hit once while holding the captain's cabin and them outside popping off shots at me.

I wasn't having any joy, so i took out my sword instead and went YOLO.

Killed them both. After I killed the first one the other one shit his pants and tried to run. He ran straight into my blade.

There was still the other guy to deal with but I decided to pull up the anchor, go find their boat and sink it. Turned out the third one had gone back to his ship and was already sailing away.

I didn't chase at first but went in the opposite direction. For a little while. I waited about 10 minutes and then sailed back in the direction the other ship had gone. After a while I found it. Silly sod had moored next to a tiny desert island. He was on the island, off his ship, so I decided to cannonball it.

The next bit is the best laugh I've had in ages.

I loaded up my port side cannon and set it off to put a hole in the other ship.

The shot missed the ship. Flew over it. Flew as far as the island in fact.

Flew far enough that it hit the other player on the island and killed him.

Seriously couldn't believe it. Wet myself.

I got some experience/reputation points for the kill too. Epicemoji41.pngemoji4.pngemoji38.png

Would have been streaming it but the PS4 boys were streaming at the same time

That sounds absolutely hilarious Phil! This sounds like a right good laugh and having a crew to play with sounds ideal. The fact you can dp crazy shit like shoot your pirate mate out of a cannon is brilliant. 

I'll try and catch some more of the stream if you do moree over the next few days. Make sure you save some highlights too.

21 hours ago, GazzaGarratt said:

That sounds absolutely hilarious Phil! This sounds like a right good laugh and having a crew to play with sounds ideal. The fact you can dp crazy shit like shoot your pirate mate out of a cannon is brilliant. 

I'll try and catch some more of the stream if you do moree over the next few days. Make sure you save some highlights too.

It was only for a couple of days. There'll probably be another before launch. 

There was certainly a performance improvement for me this time round too, it runs really well.

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

Sea Of Thieves is live again this weekend for another test.

Available until Sunday morning (10am UK time)

I'll probably stream it today or tonight.

Free access via Xbox Insider if you have an Xbox log in:

https://www.seaofthieves.com/insider

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

26 minutes ago, phil bottle said:

Sea Of Thieves is live again this weekend for another test.

Available until Sunday morning (10am UK time)

I'll probably stream it today or tonight.

Free access via Xbox Insider if you have an Xbox log in:

https://www.seaofthieves.com/insider

By the way, SoT has crossplay activated so you can play on console or PC, and in the same game.

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

19 hours ago, phil bottle said:

The last beta before rekease is now live until Sunday morning👍

Nice! Let us know if you're around tonight. I'll probably fire up the PC if the wife doesn't want to do anything.