Football (Played with Feet)

Madjonny

1. 1245: 
    REAL BALE

Deciding that keepy-uppys can only end badly, Bale does a bit of posing then heads off on a lap of the pitch. The odd bounce of a ball, a few thrown into the crowd. These are not the skills of an £85m man.

2. 1243: 
    REAL BALE

Bale is back out on the pitch, strip on, under severe keepy-uppy pressure. Three and down! Even I can do that many. Epic fail.

Excellent! lol

I just don't like him, he's got the arrogance of Ronaldo, maybe worse but is no where near him on the skill level....IMO

lmao he would of been a great buy for us, i'm not saying he's a bad player but he's had one good season and no he's worth more than Ronaldo? Surely this means Messi's worth around 200M?

Agree with this tho Rich

fa91d1c7-2525-4709-a13b-ae6fabba557e.jpg

Thanks to Capn_Underpants for the artwork

I'm sure he's a decent guy i just don't like the way he acts on the pitch, i hate the whole diving thing (imagine how much he' gona be diving for madrid) and i hate to whole one man show thing. As soon as he gets the ball he basically has no intention of passing, i watched plenty of games last season where he could have set up countless amounts of goals but chose to have a shot on target from about 30 yards away.

Also i just don't think he'll like it at Madrid, why? Cuz no one ever seems to lol

And it looks like we might be getting Herrera from Athletic Bilbao, who's apparently a decent player but haven't heard or seen much of him.

The Fellaini deal is pretty much done (apparently) with Baines also coming in.

Will be good competition for the rest of the team!

I really don't want Mata to leave, by far my favourite player for Chelsea.

Am I the only person who sees some transfers and thinks "Damn that ain't good for FIFA" eg. Eto'o in a pace whore prem team... Ouch

YES! Eto'o a prime example...

Also I thought Willian 5* skills

And what if bale is a lw? Couldn't get ronaldo and bale in the same team unless crappy 343!

Arsenal getting a great player in Özil, he really is world class and has shown it for several years...

blackops2sig.jpg

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/12016/8905484/premier-league-quota-needed-to-protect-english-talent-says-glenn-hoddle

Says it all really, out of 41 players signed by the top seven sides, only two are eligible to play for England and one of them is Portuguese but born in London.

Something needs to be done cuz it's not looking good.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/12016/8905484/premier-league-quota-needed-to-protect-english-talent-says-glenn-hoddle

Says it all really, out of 41 players signed by the top seven sides, only two are eligible to play for England and one of them is Portuguese but born in London.

Something needs to be done cuz it's not looking good.

We're both on the same page here Rich, it's getting ridiculous. Didn't the Italians do something like in the past??

In other news Wayne Rooney has improved his looks 10 fold with that gash on his forehead!!

We're both on the same page here Rich, it's getting ridiculous. Didn't the Italians do something like in the past??

In other news Wayne Rooney has improved his looks 10 fold with that gash on his forehead!!

Yeah now he looks like Shrek meets Harry Potter lol but we might miss him for these two qualifiers, hopefully not though.

Here's another article, on the first day of the new season, teams selected fewer English players than ever before!

http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2013/aug/19/english-talent-premier-league-importing

The problem is that the numbers go down every year, we do have rules in which means you have to have a certain amount of British players in your squad but they don't have to play. So basically the rule is pointless! I saw this coming years ago, the first major instance was when Arsenal played in the champions league and didn't field a single British player! So this club that's representing England in Euro doesn't have a single British player playing? This is now happening everywhere expect there's normally a couple of home grown talent. 

This is one reason why i'm quite proud to support utd, we put a lot into youth development and the youngsters that come through generally get in with a shout at getting a place. I also like the fact that when we do buy we do buy a lot of British players, in the last few seasons we've bought

Phil Jone

Chris Smalling

Ashley Young

Wilfried Zaha

Nick Powell

And we've promoted these players to the first squad

Larnell Cole

Jesse Lingard

Michael Keane

Ben Amos

Now i'm not being all like utd are amazing and everyone else sucks, i just don't know the ins and outs of other teams. 

Basically something needs to happen and it needs to happen fast because i feel we're going to start dropping behind in Europe (clubs) when we were so dominant a few years ago. In 2008 3 of the 4 teams in the semi final of the champions league were English, now this year we can't even get a team into the quarter finals for the first time since 1996! So basically, we're not using home grown talent and we're still going no where. Football in this country is on the decline, club and country.

Hopefully Friday will prove me wrong but then it is Moldova (no offence)

PREMIER LEAGUE SQUADS

The 20 Premier League clubs have submitted their 25-man squads for this season, with no more than 17 players who do not fulfil the Home Grown Player criteria. The rest of the squad must be Home Grown.

A Home Grown player is defined as one who, irrespective of his nationality or age, has been registered with any club affiliated to the Football Association or the Football Association of Wales for a period, continuous or not, of three entire seasons or 36 months prior to his 21st birthday (or the end of the season during which he turns 21). We will drop the submitted squads into Sportsday throughout the day.

How is Bendtner and Szczesny home grown?

ARSENAL

Player (Home Grown): Mikel Arteta (No), Nicklas Bendtner (Yes), Santi Cazorla (No), Abou Diaby (No), Lukasz Fabianski (No), Mathieu Flamini, Kieran Gibbs (Yes), Olivier Giroud (No), Laurent Koscielny (No), Per Mertesacker (No), Ignacio Monreal (No), Mesut Ozil (No), Park Chu-young (No), Lukas Podolski (No), Aaron Ramsey (Yes), Tomas Rosicky (No), Bacary Sagna (No), Wojciech Szczesny (Yes), Thomas Vermaelen (No), Emiliano Viviano (No), Theo Walcott (Yes).

I mean what the fuck, they might as well not even fucking have the rule to begin with!!! And where's Jack Wilshere? 

So they've got 5 "home grown" players and only 3 of them are actually British, excellent! 

Right i'm gona wait till they put all the team out and do one big post on this cuz i ain't no post whore *looks up* well, maybe a little

Most are just not good enough... Or can't keep themselves out of trouble, rather just be at clubs picking up a fat cheque every week instead of playing...

English players get snapped up by big clubs then just sit in the background, these players Should stay put generally and be the best player in a poor/average team than become a squad player in a big club...

blackops2sig.jpg