Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited

Any more info Bart? Elder Scrolls should be left as immersive IMO. Online games just haven't got the same feel as single player games.

And thats exactly the problem

They start off telling you how special you are, and how the prophet has seen all this shit for you in the future, and then BAM you are out of your prison cell in the middle of a few hundred other "special" people...

There was never any sort of attachment to the character, there wasn't a single thing that made you feel unique and not just another unwashed basement dweller in Skyrim with hundreds of other people.

The combat mechanics feel ripped directly from Neverwinter Nights (Free 2 play on Steam), and I am serious here, they are directly ripped from it.

You could tell that they were going to port it, as they limit you to the number of attacks/ spells/ abilities you can have equipped. In other words they are dumbing it down so that players with Xbox/ PS Controllers are not left out.

We all praised the 3 faction Race/ Class combo's at first, but unless they go through massive changes, then none of them matter, there will be no diversity across the factions. Every Race can be every class, and every faction.

Every quest had spoken speech..... SWTOR had this, and it sounded amazing at first, until you realize that there is LITERALLY NO POINT to it other than to suck up space on my hard drive. Oh, and you can't skip it (at least not in BETA), so by about level 10, you are sitting there yelling "STFU!!! I know I need to collect 7 Bear Asses!"

In 20 levels as a Templar, I was never once able to heal another player, even though the Templar is the healing/ tank class. The reason for this? There was no real range to the spells. The minute Joe the Plumber decides he spots a new shiny and runs out of your range, you end up healing yourself and not him.

Best part about this: It was impossible to tell just who was healed, so it was a guess, and the vast majority of players won't communicate that you missed them when they are running the fuck away from you to pick up a shiny, or fight more mobs. So they die

I could go on.

Honestly, just wait for the next Elder Scrolls Single player game, and you will enjoy yourself far more.

I was insanely excited about this game (Not sure my posts are still around covering the various trailers), but the Beta, as a preview was so woefully underwhelming, that I cancelled my pre-order.

Also, Yes, I get it was a Beta. This isn't my first Beta in an MMO, I understand that we still have 5 months left before Launch, that doesn't change the fact that there isn't a single thing special about this game, there wasn't a single time when I was playing it that I was in Awe of what was happening to me, like I had been in Skyrim so often.

Good thing though:

The game looks fantastic, Graphically speaking. It was Skyrim with all the HD textures maxed out.

Luke 23:34
'And Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they don't think it be like it is, but it do."

Honestly, if you are looking for a good MMORPG to play then check out Neverwinter on Steam.

After that check out Rift, or LOTRO.

Or Minecraft lolz with the Divine RPG plugin

'And Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they don't think it be like it is, but it do."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d0Od2lbw9N4&list=PL7pGJQV-jlzCPBUy9uAXQUXZ4UBaDLKS5

Pretty cool lore series for the elder scrolls, makes the games make a lot more sense :P I've only played Skyrim and a bit of oblivion so I missed quite a bit of lore from earlier games.

You really should get Morrowind for PC.  Add some texture mods/etc.  You'll love it.  It's so much deeper. 

5abdbe250c715_RespectAll-FearNone.png.9bc1a4f0d1cdab1c7e67e48baf8275b4.png.63941b93d8c1d7bc3f9ca9f365076c45.png

I've got a key for the beta test this weekend. I'll give my feedback once I've had a go.

Nice. From what I've watched the combat looked kinda dull, interested to hear your thoughts on it.

BEARDED, FOR HER PLEASURE

Just got my new key for the stress test as well.

Hopefully we can take screenshots this time around.

Jordie, if you want I will message you my Char name once I am in

Just got my new key for the stress test as well.

Hopefully we can take screenshots this time around.

Jordie, if you want I will message you my Char name once I am in

You're in the US right? May not be able to since I'm in EU servers  :unsure:

You're in the US right? May not be able to since I'm in EU servers  :unsure:

Crud, I forgot you were Australian :D

So after a huge pain in the ass of a download on Friday, and a busy Saturday, I got about 6 hours to play on Sunday. It's not as much as I'd have liked but I feel like I still got a pretty good idea of what the game was like. I spent the vast majority of the time as a Khajiit Nightblade.

So after a short intro you are brought into character creation. I loved it. If you're an Altoholic like me (or at least like the character creation process), then you'll be pleased. The races all looked pretty good and there were a huge number of customization options, from the angle of your forehead to the size of your hands. I spent a decent time going through all the options and decided it's among the best character creations I've seen in an MMO (And I've played my fair share). I also took this opportunity to look at the higher level gear and was once again pleased. Each race had high-end gear that reflected their personality whilst being consistent with Elder Scrolls Lore. It should be noted that some of the low level gear (particularly the medium armour) didn't look great, though I'm sure it wouldn't be a problem for long.

After character creation you are brought into this weird soul prison. You meet 'The Prophet' who gives you information about why you are there and what you must do. I won't go into details about the story so far but as Sennex said he basically tells you that you're special. The prison is a tutorial level and it was pretty boring. It was dark so didn't show off the graphics and the lack of skills at this point meant combat was pretty boring (I'll go into that later). It takes about 10 minutes to go through the tutorial depending on how much you look for loot, so this could be a bit annoying when starting several new characters.

When I finished the tutorial I found myself in a small camp (the starting area for the Khajiit, Bosmer and Altmer races). This was the first time I got to see how beautiful the game really was. I was highly impressed with the looks of the game as a whole and can tell I'll spend a lot of time just exploring the world of Tamriel. Before I would have said that Guild Wars 2 was the best looking MMO I've played, but The Elder Scrolls Online is definitely a new contender. I was approached by a khajiit who set me off on my first chain of quests.

The quests in the starting are were also impressive, there was no "Go to Quest Giver, Kill 8 Wild Boars and Wolves for meat, return to Quest Giver, recieve 200 gold". I had an instance where I was running up from the shore when a woman ran to me for help. I had to run through some ruins and free her master from an evil spirit. It seems a lot more inspired in that aspect.

Whilst I've made the game sound pretty good so far, I do have one main concern. The combat. It neither had the complexity of other MMO's such as WoW or the fluidity of single player games like Skyrim. I think I had 5 abilities as well as a regular and heavy attack. There was also a limited amount of abilities to unlock, around 6 for the three skill trees as well as a few for armour, weapons and races.I was able to link up some abilities well however. I could use the 2 second stealth, followed up by a heavy damaging backstab with bleed. Then crippling the enemy as they try to escape. The combat was sometimes laggy with an enemy taking a few seconds to fall after I killed it, thus causing confusion as to what exactly was happening. I never tried out PvP which I regret, since I'd like to have seen how multiple classes could link up together.

Overall I think the game is more suited for a casual MMO player, with it's strong points being on looks and story rather than the gameplay itself. Whilst I'll be picking it up, with the looks, story and exploration greatly interesting me, the boring combat may mean I'll put it down sooner than expected.