Public Events

TigerBurge

I thought I'd start a separate thread for any info that people get about particular public events. Reason being, is because these key events make a massive difference to the game in terms of loot, experience, heroic variations and mechanics.

Just going to start with the numbers so you can get into perspective how vast the content is on these, mainly due to Secret Events which are adhoc and can be set off by certain activities.

European Dead Zone

Visible Public Events - 13

Secret Public Events - 35

Titan

Visible Public Events - 3

Secret Public Events - 8

Nessus

Visible Public Events - 13

Secret Public Events - 33

Io

Visible Public Events - 5

Secret Public Events - 15

All can be turned into heroic versions so you can double these encounters.

I'm going to grab the other key posts like @jSyn66 found but would be good to have any strategy posts and encounter details either challenging ones or ones that drop sweet look.

1 hour ago, Baabcat said:

Are those 'call to arms' banners linked to public events? I keep setting them going, think they give a timer but I'm not totally sure?

Seems to me they do. Set one off by mistake last night and shit hit the fan.

2 hours ago, Baabcat said:

Are those 'call to arms' banners linked to public events? I keep setting them going, think they give a timer but I'm not totally sure?

Bob, I believe it is just sets off a beacon message so anyone random around the area can see that there is an event going off....I think? More Guardians = better chance of completing.

On 07.09.2017 at 7:29 PM, GazzaGarratt said:

Bob, I believe it is just sets off a beacon message so anyone random around the area can see that there is an event going off....I think? More Guardians = better chance of completing.

This. 

28 minutes ago, Luceowolf said:

The banners also give you full ammo and full super/ability charges. Useful if your running low

Via the FG App

I noticed that today about my super but didn't realise my ammo refilled, thanks Jack!

Is it just me or the Cabal Rig Public Event is ridiculously hard to change to Heroic? 7 vents to shoot out in 3/4 short intervals is a killer.

Via the FG App

7 hours ago, GazzaGarratt said:

Is it just me or the Cabal Rig Public Event is ridiculously hard to change to Heroic? 7 vents to shoot out in 3/4 short intervals is a killer.

Via the FG App

Think I've gotten it to spawn the Heroic twice now. Everyone need so know how to do it and it's not to hard. You also need more than three people. Five was tough when I did it. 

Whilst its tough as nails as you need around 5/6 players to do it, I kinda like the fact it's challenging.

We need enough reasonably straightforward ones alongside the down right hard ones otherwise these will get stale too quickly.

Via the FG App

6 minutes ago, NCA-Paendrag said:

So you don't find heroic events, you turn public events into a heroic?

Only did one heroic I think so can't remember.

Yes each public event has a mechanic to turn them into heroic. Will get easier as the community learns the mechanics, have to say I only know a few (lazy on my part as I think they have been posted up by Tiger on this forum )

I heard that if you finish a public event quickly, fast travel to the location you are at there is a chance you can catch the tail end of another instance of the same public event.

20 hours ago, crispymorgan said:

I shall also buy a monkeybike......

We managed to complete an Heroic Cabal Rig one (with the vents). Didn't realise you only have to shoot out one from each level; top, middle and bottom.

Bottom is hard to find but using something that has a large clip help, like Sweet Business. Still by far the hardest of the events for me.