Destiny 2 Tips

TigerBurge

Ah ok. Someone posted a vid of a guy that did the same loot chest over and over again but went through a portal every time. Might have beem a lost sector.

Me and a mate came across some rings last night where there was a loot chest underneath it every time we went through. Could do it three times before they vanished. Was at a public event but don't know if they were connected.

Ah ok. Someone posted a vid of a guy that did the same loot chest over and over again but went through a portal every time. Might have beem a lost sector.
Me and a mate came across some rings last night where there was a loot chest underneath it every time we went through. Could do it three times before they vanished. Was at a public event but don't know if they were connected.

Yeah, I posted about a loot cave which is a looped run back to a chest. You get a token everytime but maybe a legendary every now and again.

It won't be linked to the Public Event, sometimes you can find these little glitches in the game and farm them for as much as you want. Happened on D1 until they fixed the most known loot cave.

Region chests are locked and set in each world as Bob says. I have the guide which tells me how many there are. I'll have a look later.

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

So my LL is 270, but every engram I get is 265, its been like that for a week now. Am I missing something? I thought the LL would increase for engrams as your characters L increased

NVM:

I didn't realize I had hit the cap on faction rewards as well as all the other stuff I was doing

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017-09-15-destiny-2-power-level-265-300-350-level-cap-4747

Luke 23:34
'And Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they don't think it be like it is, but it do."

There is 6 Illuminous engrams, 5 of which are the key challenges we all do with the 6th being the raid. Illuminous ones work up with your light whereas everything else drops around your level.

Public events are significant because you can drop exotics to boost you up. Equally the Mida Multi Tool quest will drop the gun pretty high.

Once you get past around 270ish you then end up dropping legendaries around your level and certain blues.

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

Yup, regular engrams are capped to the max 265 light until you pass 271 then they start dropping 6 levels below your maximum light (so at 272 they drop at 266, 273 drops 267, 280 drops 274 etc.).  It seems a method introduced to get around the frustrating problem of D1 where your lowest item could be 20+ light lower than your average.

The only things that will drop higher than your current level are the powerful gear you get from completing the milestones (hold the touch pad to bring up the director and hold L2), exotic engrams, the raid and trials of the nine.

1103954298_AmosSignature.png.04556f304072cd09783cc1fdfec8fe9f.png

1 hour ago, NCA-Paendrag said:

Hmm, guess I didn't do all EDZ missions.

I am in the same boat, I was pretty sure I had done them all, but nope, I missed the entire Enhance questline

Luke 23:34
'And Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they don't think it be like it is, but it do."

On 18/09/2017 at 11:13 AM, Greboth said:
Yup, regular engrams are capped to the max 265 light until you pass 271 then they start dropping 6 levels below your maximum light (so at 272 they drop at 266, 273 drops 267, 280 drops 274 etc.).  It seems a method introduced to get around the frustrating problem of D1 where your lowest item could be 20+ light lower than your average.

The only things that will drop higher than your current level are the powerful gear you get from completing the milestones (hold the touch pad to bring up the director and hold L2), exotic engrams, the raid and trials of the nine.

So what's the point of getting stuff that will drop 6 power levels lower it's fucking dumb, all my gear is higher so it's useless. Is it just another way for bungie to add take longevity?

Via the FG App

29 minutes ago, techno said:

So what's the point of getting stuff that will drop 6 power levels lower it's fucking dumb, all my gear is higher so it's useless. Is it just another way for bungie to add take longevity?

Via the FG App

In D1 they would drop at a fixed max irrespective of your level.  So the fact they drop at useful power levels is nice.  As I said I'm guessing (as I haven't read anything tou confirm it) that this was to address D1 complaints where people had 1 or 2 bits of gear massively lower than the rest.  So you ended up raiding hoping just for 1 piece of armour.  To a point this system actually makes it easier to level up though still means most legendary engrams are trash.

1103954298_AmosSignature.png.04556f304072cd09783cc1fdfec8fe9f.png

See the point, sort of, but when some legendaries are better than some exotics people will still use legendaries.

Yeah true some are but you could get some serious loadouts from exotics and the exotic perks. I guess this way you have a choice to make .

I would have loved red death ice breaker gjallerhorn in d1

Via the FG App