Destiny 2 First Impressions

TigerBurge

Another view :)

He also had another semi review destiny 2 is trash reviewi watched before this video, I think this pretty much covers that content and adds a little. 

No matter how big a fan you sre, and I played the shit out of D1 there has to be disappointment in D2 .

16 hours ago, techno said:

Another view :)

He also had another semi review destiny 2 is trash reviewi watched before this video, I think this pretty much covers that content and adds a little. 

No matter how big a fan you sre, and I played the shit out of D1 there has to be disappointment in D2 .

As far as content it is definitely a disappointment. I feel like TTK had more content as an expansion that this game does. I do like most of the changes they have made with stuff. They needed to expand on exotic quest. The Taken War took forever to complete. I’m fine with that. Give me more quest to do for loot. At the end of D1 they had it right. Especially when they introduced the old raids back into the mix. The worse thing they could of did was leave D1 like shit never happened. All they should of did was make a big ass expansion not an sequel. 

3 hours ago, NCA-Paendrag said:

Well, this game died quicker than COD...

I wouldn't say this is anywhere near being dead like CoD Brede, although people are quicker are in general quicker to jump off bandwagons after they've had something new. Its just human nature.

Tbh, most is justified for the points Chris @TigerBurge mentioned above. They can't expect many of the old regulars to grind as much as they did in D1 due to the content is effectively too easy to run through.

But at the same point, all I read here and most other places is that people are frustrated, not done with the game.

It has such an amazing foundation for the social aspect of games deep into its core so it will always draw people in. We just all hope they listen and people can keep the faith with the content drops coming. There isn't another game that can draw socially this many people in atm. Maybe Anthem in some years away but who knows. They know how to make a damn good game and D1 Y3 would've been extremely overwhelming for a newbie to start the game fresh.

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

I did hear that this game lost 78% of players in 6 weeks according to a foolproof API tracker. that not even the masters of player count masking and manipulation; Activison could cover up or tamper with.  

I have not finished the game yet but I can already feel the repetitive strain of the threadbare basegame and from what I heard; the original was 'fixed' through DLC expansions. It really does make you wonder if the base game is deliberately starved of material to force people to buy the DLC.  This coming from the same arseholes that now have a patent for multiplayer matchfixing and microtransaction manipulation. 

3 hours ago, GazzaGarratt said:

It has such an amazing foundation for the social aspect of games deep into its core so it will always draw people in. We just all hope they listen and people can keep the faith with the content drops coming. There isn't another game that can draw socially this many people in atm. Maybe Anthem in some years away but who knows. They know how to make a damn good game and D1 Y3 would've been extremely overwhelming for a newbie to start the game fresh.

We need to stop praising the game for their "social aspect" 80% of this game is done using third party applications, whether it be looking for a group or managing items. There's not even an all chat on pc...

They are balls at the social side of the game. 

i7 7700k, 16GB RAM, GEFORCE 1080, 240GB SSHD, 2TB SSD

When I talk about socially, I mean the concept they have of co-operatively play across various types of missions, patrols, raids, coupled with clan features. They all benefit from having a fireteam, socially working together. I wasn't on about the services they offer or don't as the case may be.

I wasn't surprised about the no chat on PC btw. Another thing to follow at some point in the not too distant future.

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

For me the PvE part of the game remains pretty much as before apart from the dumbing down of loot through no random rolls, engrams hold no real value except for the few powerful gear ones which imo is a massive fail.

However as a mostly solo player im missing a good PvP experience, yes d1 PvP had issues but I just played for fun it had hours of playability and grinding D2 PvP is horrible and I can't see any improvement for me personally  as it won't go back to 6v6 . 

Big destiny youtubers need to start pointing out problems and risk losing the free shit or things will only get worse for the franchise 

10 hours ago, The3rdWalker said:

They are balls at the social side of the game. 

The reason I didn't get the original Destiny was because the 'social shooter' had no matchmaking for the likes of Raids.  I said at the time this would come back to bite them and harm the community and 3 years on they disclosed during the E3 presentation that only 50% of players participated in a Raid which now saw 'Guided Games' implemented which should've been a no-brainer in the first place. Not everyone had time to try and concot getting a team together especailly on game that is supposed to be socially-focused.

In Destiny 2, we have 6 man Fireteams but for those to go into PvP; 2 have to be ommitted with the 4v4 limit. Bravo Bungie once again for simply stupid or bizarre game design decisions. I don't know whether it's down to technical limitations or simply awful design forsight but the social side of this brand is actually weak, flawed and heavily restricted. It's not too different to Ubisoft's The Crew. I like how Destiny 2 is seemless but at its core its very limited. 

2 hours ago, techno said:

Big destiny youtubers need to start pointing out problems and risk losing the free shit or things will only get worse for the franchise 

Activision dick riders dare not say anything bad about their brands at the risk of losing their pampered event invites of free hotels and the chance to play stuff early. There's nothing worse than a Activision franchise cocksucker. 

A few things that can really turn this game around quick:

*I'm ok with static rolls but the one thing that can flip this game upside down  is the mod system. The potential there is unlimited. Hardcore players could have something to seriously grind for if done right.

*We need specific loot for activities such as strikes, sectors, adventures etc...We need an incentive to do them which currently just isn't there at all right now.

*Exotics that truly feel exotic. The game is missing guns that feel like they have the potential to be iconic. In D1 we had infamous guns like Gjallarhorn, Ice Breaker, Thorn, Hawkmoon, also Vex Mythoclast and Suros in the beginning. Were they OP they sure as fuck were but for a good 6 months we got to tear shit up with them before they got nerfed. That was fun. We all remember those guns. Nobody is going to look back on D2 and be like "hey that game sure was balanced", but you'll damn sure look back on D1 and the few guns  I named and be like those were memorable times. 

*Raid gear: imo needs to have raid specific perks attached to the gear. Right now theres nothing special about the weapons armor. There needs to be something that also separates prestige gear from normal gear and no a fucking shader doesn't count. 

*PvP: ya 4v4 is a really good model for the competitive scene. However not everyone is MLGyoloswag420noscoper. Bring back 6v6 for quickplay. Let us pick which game modes we want to play weather it's clash, control, supremacy. Bring back rift and mayhem. Give us more options so shit doesn't get stale.