Weekly Reset

TigerBurge

Did the nightfall last night with @Diddums and @techno. Pretty easy as people have said, apart from mistiming the beams for 5 minutes :lol:

Tried the Prestige version once, and we got to the boss even though we got stuck at one section. Its pretty doable so going to try prestige again tonight if people want to give it a go. Being able to spam grenades constantly makes the fight so much more fun and easier. It possibly helps if you are 300+ too as the damage was getting a bit too much in certain places.

Did the nightfall last night with [mention=1]Diddums[/mention] and [mention=55]techno[/mention]. Pretty easy as people have said, apart from mistiming the beams for 5 minutes [emoji38]

Tried the Prestige version once, and we got to the boss even though we got stuck at one section. Its pretty doable so going to try prestige again tonight if people want to give it a go. Being able to spam grenades constantly makes the fight so much more fun and easier. It possibly helps if you are 300+ too as the damage was getting a bit too much in certain places.

I did the same strike underpowered earlier on the bit we got stuck on I stayed back and used a scout rifle to remove adds first

Via the FG App

19 hours ago, techno said:

I did the same strike underpowered earlier on the bit we got stuck on I stayed back and used a scout rifle to remove adds first

Via the FG App

Nice Gary, may try that tonight then as I had an early night last night.

Anyone else who wants a go at this tonight, I'm happy to run multiple times cos the reset tomorrow will probably bring a harder Nightfall to try and achieve the Prestige trophy.

Nice Gary, may try that tonight then as I had an early night last night.

Anyone else who wants a go at this tonight, I'm happy to run multiple times cos the reset tomorrow will probably bring a harder Nightfall to try and achieve the Prestige trophy.

Hit me up if your short I'll give it another run

Via the FG App

We managed to nail the Prestige nightfall on our second attempt. Ot was really fun tbh, modifiers are pretty good ones. @Amnotright, @Diddums and myself found the beams of light took the most time away, mistiming jumps and wiping back to the start of the beams. 18 seconds left on the clock. Pulse grenades were a godsend.

Also took @LordBaguette through a nightfall before reset day.

W/C October 24th

Weekly Nightfall

- The Arm’s Dealer is this week’s strike with modifiers Torrent, and Time Warp: Zero Hour.

- Torrent greatly increases the recharge rate of your abilities. Zero Hour prevents the mission timer from being extended.

Meditations

- Six: a crashed colony ship, an interspecies war… Cayde-6 got that adventure he wanted. Go save him from it.

- Fury: help Ikora use the Warmind on Io to learn more about the Almighty—and turn the tide of the war.

- Sacrilege: since the loss of her Light, Ikora has many questions—and she’s not leaving Io without answers.

Flashpoint

- IO is the destination this week. All you need to do is complete Public Events there (Heroic Public Events help a lot) to earn a Luminous Engram. Also, remember to pick up the treasure maps from Cayde-6.

Call to Arms

- Play a few Crucible matches (usually five-seven) to earn a Luminous Engram.

Done the Prestige with Chris @TigerBurge and Travis (aceboogie) last night, it was a really good run.

Had a 3.5 minutes left at the end section and with a minute to go, grenades, rockets and supers galore nailed it with a minute to go.

Actually finding these a great and fun challenge. I'm back on Sunday if people want to run them before reset. If you want to get one and get the trophy at the same time, nows the time.

W/C October 31st

Here’s what’s new this week:

Weekly Nightfall

The Arms Dealer is this week’s strike for the second week in a row, though this time the modifiers are different. This week, we have Prism, and Timewarp: Killing Time.

- Prism automatically rotates the active elements, forcing you to rotate your weapons.

- Timewarp: Killing Time lets you extend the mission timer by killing enemies.

Challenges

- Speed of Dark: complete the Nightfall with at least five minutes remaining.

- Unbroken: complete the Nightfall with fewer than three deaths.

- Trash the Thresher: shoot down a Thresher while fighting Bracus Zahn.

Meditations

- Unbroken: find Thumos the Unbroken and take the key codes he carries—by any means necessary.

- Payback: time for Zavala’s grand entrance – Finally attacking the Red Legion based in the EDZ head-on.

- Larceny: break into the Red Legion base and steal the personal shuttle of Thumos the no-longer-unbroken.

Flashpoint

The EDZ is this week’s destination. All you need to do is head over there and complete Public Events.

Raid Challenge Mode

First challenge week is on Royal Pools encounter.

Begins at 10am PT, 1pm ET, 5pm GMT, 6pm CET.

This week's Prestige is a bitch. Happy to try it again before reset with anyone who wants to but the recharge rate of your grenades is now back to normal and Killing Time (shooting ads) is worse than shooting anomalies.

W/C 7th November

Weekly Nightfall

- This week’s strike is the Inverted Spire with modifiers Momentum, and Timewarp: Rings.
- Rings spawns circular gates all over the strike, passing through them extends the mission timer.
- Momentum prevents health and shield regeneration while standing still. You’ll need to sprint to speed up the regeneration process.

Challenges

- Speed of Dark: complete the Nightfall with at least 5 minutes remaining.
- Unbroken: complete the Nightfall with fewer than 3 deaths.
- The Floor Is Lava: as a fireteam, do not get hit by Protheon’s fiery ground attack before defeating it.

Meditations

- Combustion: Hawthorne’s waiting on the cliffs above the salt mines. Help her get the word out: we rally at the Farm.
- 1AU: the time has come to stop the Almighty. Board the ship, and shut down its annihilation weapon.
- Chosen: the Almighty is finished. Time to go home, save the Traveler, take back the City, and end this war. Be brave.

Flashpoint

- This week’s destination is Nessus. Head over there and complete a few Public Events to finish the Milestone and get a Luminous Engram. Usually 4/5 Heroic Events will do it.

Faction Rally
- Faction Rally is back. The faction that receives the most faction tokens will be the winner
- The winning Faction weapon will be on offer for 1000 glimmer to people who have pledged to them. 50k for anyone who hasn't

Week Commencing 2nd January 2018

Nightfall

• A Garden World (Exclusive DLC Strike)
  • Here are the modifier and challenge details:
    • Torrent: Player abilities recharge much faster than normal.
    • Timewarp: Zero Hour: Mission timer cannot be extended.

Challenges

• The player challenges for this week are
    • Speed of Dark requires the fireteam to finish the Nightfall with at least 5 minutes remaining on the clock.
    • To earn Unbroken, the fireteam needs to complete the Nightfall with fewer than three deaths.
    • Players need to kill the Shielded Minotaurs in under 90 seconds in order to complete the final challenge for this week.

Flashpoint

• This weeks Flashpoint is on Io. All you need to do is participate in Public Events on Io, Trigger Heroic Events give you higher percentage.

Leviathan Raid Order & Weekly Challenge

• This week, the order is as follows:
    • Baths (Royal Pools)
    • Gauntlet
    • Pleasure Gardens
    • Emperor Calus
  • Challenge – The Pleasure Gardens & The War Beasts

The Dawning

Last week for the Dawning. Next week is unconfirmed but expected is either Faction Rally or Iron Banner.

Not sure if anyone is still playing D2 but I keep a watch in the official forums just in case ......

Well the latest instalment of the car crash is that Faction Rallies are live this week but Bungie have added a throttle to stop people looting lost sectors for faction tokens, now limited to two chests every ten minutes. Their forum is ablaze with people raging about this, I totally agree , speed running lost sectors was actually fun, now no point.

Not sure if anyone is still playing D2 but I keep a watch in the official forums just in case ......

Well the latest instalment of the car crash is that Faction Rallies are live this week but Bungie have added a throttle to stop people looting lost sectors for faction tokens, now limited to two chests every ten minutes. Their forum is ablaze with people raging about this, I totally agree , speed running lost sectors was actually fun, now no point.

Just seen this too.

IMG_20180117_153454_zpsnt6p47dk.jpg

Gary's point is a major issue. That's just retarded. Not seen any tweets about it from Bungie Community Managers either which is very odd of late

The throttle takes some fun out of the game for some. I don't mind it as I wasn't a fan of that particular cheese. I'd rather vary my play and earn tokens along the way.

Lost Sectors needed to be 'lost', not on the god damn map. That's the whole point of them, that's what they should've really fixed but that ship has sailed.

Took a look at the subreddit today after @jsyn66 shared some info. 

Bungie has seriously fucked their own game. Its pretty apparent that they don't want people to enjoy, or play Destiny 2 anymore.

Luke 23:34
'And Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they don't think it be like it is, but it do."

Week commencing Jan 23rd

NIGHTFALL STRIKE: The Inverted Spire

• Attrition: Health and shield regeneration slow down, but killing foes may create wells of Light that restore health and charge your Super.
• Timewarp: Killing Time: Defeat enemies to extend the mission timer, up to a limit.

NIGHTFALL STRIKE CHALLENGES

• Speed of Dark: complete the Nightfall with at least 5 minutes remaining.
• Unbroken: complete the Nightfall with fewer than 3 deaths.
• The Floor Is Lava: as a fireteam, do not get hit by Protheon’s fiery ground attack before defeating it.

MEDITATIONS

Visit Ikora in the Tower and you can replay specific story missions which are significantly harder than the base game, in exchange you'll earn engrams.

This week players can repeat the following story missions:

• Riptide: Without power, Zavala's resistance has hit a wall. Travel deeper into the Arcology and help them past it.
• Hope: Commander Zavala is building a resistance at a moon of Saturn. Make contact and join the fight.

FLASHPOINT

• This week’s destination is Titan. Complete Public Events to finish the Milestone and get a Luminous Engram.

New Monarchy won the Faction Rally so their Auto Rifle is on sale at a discounted price. Hard impact, low rate of fire gun. A Kinetic counterbalance mods should improve the recoil on the gun. Other than that its pretty middle of the road gun.

Bungie have had to postpone next weeks iron banner as they can’t get 6v6 to work. You couldn’t make this up!
I was gutted as was hoping to rally people about just to see if it was as fun as it used to be.

Not heard of an update as to when to expect it back. Lets hope we get chance before Season 3 and DLC 2 stuff. Only 3 weeks left though.

Via the FG App