7DTD: FG Dedi Server - Darkness Falls

tronic44

These are great update Rich, i've enjoyed my time on it more than i have before. The game feels more fleshed out, flows well and i'm loving the quests I can pick up at the NPC. I really need to find some books though so i can learn new things and craft more stuff in the game.

Managed to find a loot crate below the surface so far and enjoyed our little trip on bikes up to the mansion on the hill. I really think we should work on that place, tons of scope to do things underground as well renovate the house entirely.

Myself, @phil bottle & @GazzaGarratt faced horde night last night, the previous two horde nights have been pretty eeasy going but last night was crazy. Our base, somehow, didn't fall over, which is alwasy nice. We're going to have to spend a few days arming our base and make it a bit stronger because they piled through the wooden spike like they were nothing. We'll probably have to upgrade to iron spikes which i imagine will cost a lot of iron. I have horde night set up so there's 10 zombies constantly per person, with 3 of us that meant 30 constant zombies. If we have 6 of us on, i honestly don't know what we'll do. We may have to look into turrets as well. Lots to do!

I've jumped on this morning to try and fix everthing and put some extra barriers up to stop the z's. I've been able to make a cement mixer which means we can make concrete but we need a lot of stone, sand and clay.

We also found a massive book store, so can hopefully find ssome good schematics in there!

day22.png

It was intense and batshit crazy but bloody good fun Rich! I've never seen a horde night like it and it's the first time I've had to use the guns we've ever sourced. It was brutal; birds swooping down at us, vomit being sprayed up at us on the along the walls, zombies climbing on each other breaking the entire building. We'd had a night of it already and then we looked at the time and it wasnt even midnight 🙈

I'm starting to get the hang of the game now. Bloody good fun and I'm still holding onto that big huge pipe dream to tunnel us all the way to that mansion!

1 hour ago, GazzaGarratt said:

It was intense and batshit crazy but bloody good fun Rich! I've never seen a horde night like it and it's the first time I've had to use the guns we've ever sourced. It was brutal; birds swooping down at us, vomit being sprayed up at us on the along the walls, zombies climbing on each other breaking the entire building. We'd had a night of it already and then we looked at the time and it wasnt even midnight 🙈

I'm starting to get the hang of the game now. Bloody good fun and I'm still holding onto that big huge pipe dream to tunnel us all the way to that mansion!

You want to tunnel to the mansion? If you do we need to make an auger because it'll be way easier and we'll get way more resources.

Glad you're enjoying it.

28 minutes ago, tronic44 said:

You want to tunnel to the mansion?

Only if the others want to. There is an underground lair in that mansion so it would be cool to connect them together don't you think?

I'm pretty sure i can build minibikes now, so may look at building some of them once the base is sorted.

Building Base Tasks:

- Fill the building we're on with blocks so it's a solid structure

- Turn the outside walls to concrete

- Build a new garage on top of our base (will need a table saw to make ramps & build a draw bridge.

- Replace wooden spikes with metal spikes and put barbed wire into between to slow them down

- Start using turrets (i'm not sure if the turrets need to be powered or if they can just run on their own)

- Look at other possible defences we can utilise

- Start building a bigger farm on top of the base (we still need to find books so we can turn veg into seeds)

On 5/18/2020 at 12:07 PM, tronic44 said:

I'm pretty sure i can build minibikes now, so may look at building some of them once the base is sorted.

Building Base Tasks:

- Fill the building we're on with blocks so it's a solid structure

- Turn the outside walls to concrete

- Build a new garage on top of our base (will need a table saw to make ramps & build a draw bridge.

- Replace wooden spikes with metal spikes and put barbed wire into between to slow them down

- Start using turrets (i'm not sure if the turrets need to be powered or if they can just run on their own)

- Look at other possible defences we can utilise

- Start building a bigger farm on top of the base (we still need to find books so we can turn veg into seeds)

On 5/18/2020 at 2:16 PM, phil bottle said:

I might build a moat for old times sake.emoji6.png

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

You can make turrets??....and a moat??!

32 minutes ago, GazzaGarratt said:

You can make turrets??....and a moat??!

You certainly can, I think we’ve already found a load of turrets but we’ll need to start making bullets before we can use them. I also think the turrets may need to be powered, I think we’re still a way away from power. We can just ourselves a moat and you can make a drawbridge.

Went and raided the book store yesterday with Phil, we found quite a few books but they’ve made it much harder to find them in this alpha. Before you’d raid the massive store and pretty much find everything you need, we’ll not any more. We saved most of the books we found so others can read them.

Still trying to build the base back up, need more sand, stone and clay. Got a little side tracked by the book store.

The next thing I want to be able to

learn is steel making. not sure how far away from that but we really need a better door. I might have to make more than one door.

Horde night last night went really well, much less intense than before but was still as enjoyable - nice on @tronic44 and @phil bottle for sorting the base out a lot more. Managed to get a ton of XP from killing all those Zombies too.

I appreciate the books too, I can now make a lot more items which I couldn't do before. I want to upgrade the 'Yeah! Science' perks so i can make more First Aid elements alongside some engineering things too. Unfortunately I died quite a long way away from base so i've left a bike near that which i'll get back when I can because I still need to find the treasure in there.

3 hours ago, GazzaGarratt said:

Horde night last night went really well, much less intense than before but was still as enjoyable - nice on @tronic44 and @phil bottle for sorting the base out a lot more. Managed to get a ton of XP from killing all those Zombies too.

I appreciate the books too, I can now make a lot more items which I couldn't do before. I want to upgrade the 'Yeah! Science' perks so i can make more First Aid elements alongside some engineering things too. Unfortunately I died quite a long way away from base so i've left a bike near that which i'll get back when I can because I still need to find the treasure in there.

Take a bike with you and just pick it up when you grab the other bike.

I'm glad the base stodd up to them, i dont want to be spending every day after horde night building the base back up haha

Another horde night down and the base is looking good.

Updates:

- Phil has made us a get out quick tunnel

- Greebs found a crucible schematic! We can now make steel!!

- In celebration to Greebs finding it, i've made 3 motorbikes. Not the crappy little one's we've been riding on, i'm talking superbike sort of stuff.

- Worked out that the triple pocket storage mod gets attached to armor and the single pocket mod goes on your trousers. This opens up an extra 4 slots for you to carry stuff, so you don't have to spend the points on Mother Load

- I'm pretty sure we can make banks and have electricity now!

10 minutes ago, phil bottle said:

Greebs found the crucible schematic? lol we were only talking about how that was what was needed next, nice oneemoji122.pngemoji847.png

I thought we were going to struggle to find that one! A step closer to an Auger and a tunnel to @GazzaGarratt dream house on the hill haha

3 hours ago, tronic44 said:

I thought we were going to struggle to find that one! A step closer to an Auger and a tunnel to @GazzaGarratt dream house on the hill haha

Yes!! What's the Auger do btw? Don't we just dig it ourselves as I dont mind starting the job 😬

Yes!! What's the Auger do btw? Don't we just dig it ourselves as I dont mind starting the job [emoji51]
I was full of beans mate. Auger? We dont need no flippin Auger, we can dig that baby. Then I saw where the house in the hill is. Yeah we need that Auger to drill though or it'll take half a year to dig [emoji6]

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

On 6/1/2020 at 11:16 AM, crispymorgan said:

Gaming pc should be with me soon. Looking forward to playing this with you guys.

It better be with that PS4 you have been promising.

Looking forward to your moody ass being with us on journeys across the baron desert.

We had a fun day on the server yesterday. @tronic44 and @phil bottle looking for Oil shale in the distance and on the way, we got distracted (of course we did 😄).

Managed to find two chests from my treasure maps i had on me. 4k in coins and a ton of ammo. Loads of different types of arrows, i really need to start using my bow. We also raided a little village and filled up our bikes...and then took the whole of the next day to empty the bikes into our storage as well as make a better job of where we store everything at the home base! You gotta have enough food you know! Rich set the days back a few so i could make abit of concrete on my own and update some walls for the XP and help reinforce the base abit.

I need to use 4 or 5 skill points up when i'm back on next. Need to work out what to use them on. I think my brain/intellect one is already up to 4 or 5 so may keep doing that.

Made a decent start to the tunnel last night, probably about half way there. Might stop tunnelling if we’re resetting the server soon and go and loot places instead. There’s a few city’s we haven’t touched yet.

Might also try and arm the base in preparation one for one giant last horde night, when ever that may be.