7DTD: FG Dedi Server - Darkness Falls

tronic44

image.png

Hello and welcome to Forever Gamings, 7 Days to Die, dedicated server. 

If anyone is interested in joining in the fun, then please drop a post in here and leave your steam and Discord ID and i shall PM you the details.

This is for absolutely anyone who wants to play! 

The way the server is set up can be easily altered and discussions will be had on how we can improve the experience for everyone. If anyone has any ideas on how we could improve it, then please leave your ideas in this thread.

I'll add more about maintenance and backup times once i've sorted all that out.

Happy surviving!

Updates:

- 7DTD doesn't have the ability to set automatic backups yet, so we'll have to be good at sorting that out ourselves. They are currently working on adding this feature.

- It also doesn't have the ability to automatically update, again they are working on this.

- Cripsy, Greboth and Phil have had admin accounts made for them, so if anyone has any issues in the future then there should be a better chance of it getting fixed asap.

- I've turned the number of animals spawned up, now that zombies can kill animals i feel we may miss out on a lot of food. If it becomes too easy i'll turn it back down but i don't see that happening :lol:

Ok, so it turns out that i can't edit the entityclasses.xml. So it looks like the only way you can get a marker for your minibike is by putting a lock on it, which will stop anyone else from being able to use it. You can then set a password, i'll just choose something like 0000 in case anyone else wants to use it. It looks like they may be bringing out a better way of being able to track your bike, something that can be easily changed, like they currently have on console.

Ok, so it turns out that i can't edit the entityclasses.xml. So it looks like the only way you can get a marker for your minibike is by putting a lock on it, which will stop anyone else from being able to use it. You can then set a password, i'll just choose something like 0000 in case anyone else wants to use it. It looks like they may be bringing out a better way of being able to track your bike, something that can be easily changed, like they currently have on console.
There is a market for mini bikes....or has that been removed for private servers?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

4 minutes ago, phil bottle said:

There is a market for mini bikes....or has that been removed for private servers?

I'm guessing you meant marker? Think that only appears when you put a lock on it and only to whom ever puts said lock on. I'm guessing they've removed the marker or it's broken at the moment.

I say we make a load of them and keep them in a central location where people can get them when ever they want. Or we put the items to build them somewhere and people can help themselves. To be honest I'd love to keep the batteries for electrical needs in our next base 😉 

I had a little car looting spree in the doom zone and came out with about 6 engines and 8 batteries 😄

I'm guessing you meant marker? Think that only appears when you put a lock on it and only to whom ever puts said lock on. I'm guessing they've removed the marker or it's broken at the moment.

I say we make a load of them and keep them in a central location where people can get them when ever they want. Or we put the items to build them somewhere and people can help themselves. To be honest I'd love to keep the batteries for electrical needs in our next base [emoji6] 
I had a little car looting spree in the doom zone and came out with about 6 engines and 8 batteries [emoji1]
The marker (cough cough) should show up on the map. In our server before this one the mini bike marker was working for me.

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

1 hour ago, phil bottle said:

The marker (cough cough) should show up on the map. In our server before this one the mini bike marker was working for me.

It must be the server then, I'll give gtx a shout and see what they're saying.

The server has been updated with the Valmod expansion + bigger pack mod.

Please download the 7D2D Mod Launcher from http://7d2dmodlauncher.org/ , download the correct mod (mod section on the left hand side) and follow the instructions.

Image result for 7d2d launcher

You can then join the server with the normal details. Give me a shout if anyone has any troubles or if you'd like to join in the fun, drop me a PM and i'll shoot you off the links.

Happy surviving!

How's the server going? I'd like to get this as one of the first games on PC. Also, should think about something similar to Minecraft and set some things to work on together in a separate thread.

Can I propose a backup of our current server and then bring in as many people as possible with a new map?  It will be much easier to help people along the way and more rewarding than just handing them a sniper rifle.

20 hours ago, crispymorgan said:

I shall also buy a monkeybike......

Can I propose a backup of our current server and then bring in as many people as possible with a new map?  It will be much easier to help people along the way and more rewarding than just handing them a sniper rifle.
We've hardly touched the map, there's plenty of space to explore and build. If we get people coming on and need one, then yeah I can see it. Not right now though. Maybe wait for the next patch?

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

jeffersonclasswar.jpg