7DTD: FG Dedi Server - Darkness Falls

tronic44

The kitchen is finished with all food and drink being stored there...Dylan has begun making a generator area and together we’ve dug down to bedrock with the idea of tunnelling out to the old base and the cheese base and further points as we expand outwards.

fa91d1c7-2525-4709-a13b-ae6fabba557e.jpg

Thanks to Capn_Underpants for the artwork

I enjoyed a few hours on the server yesterday after about a week off. Boy you all have been busy!

The base has come a long way, love how you get into it and now the second floor has bee extended out. Be good to understand if anyone had plans for the back room where the storage is? Just thinking of building an armoury still so we can finally put the gun safes out and look into buying a cash register with ammo boxes.

Its definitely got to the stage where we need to think about the next stage of guns and your armour such as Mods, etc. I can make a number of different ones as i'm sure others can too so may need to resurrect the requests in the other thread if there is something anyone needs.

Before we got @Plumbers Crack  @Dylanimo16  and me took on a horde night at the new 'Cheese' base they had built. It looked like a flawless plan...until the first minute of horde night and the zombies flew past the robotic sledges as a block was in the way. Carnage ensued from 1 yard away as tons of radiated zombies ran in, even demolitionists were blowing up in front of our faces. Not sure how Dylan stayed alive but he did. Drum magazines are ace on Ak47s...however the reload speed kills you so maybe more suited to just M60s. Haven't tried an SMG yet though so might give them a whirl in another horde night.

The long deep tunnel is c.850m away from the cheese base so lots more tunnelling to go. I've also checked the resources a bit and we seem low on many things; Brass, Shale, Gas, Coal, Wood. Might be worth a day obtaining resources.

Time to also make bedrooms look more like an actual bedrooms too me thinks!

@crispymorgan , @GazzaGarratt and myself started the garage yesterday, if you go down the end of the base towards the kitchen and take a right, you'll go through a door way and up a slope. A lot still needs to be done and we have an idea in mind for the main entrance and slope but the garage itself is up for grabs. I was thinking about making it multilayed with everything you could possibly want. Its just around the corner from our storage, so should help when unloading vehicles.

I've also made a load more farm plots, so that's getting much bigger. Once it's full size, we made need a few of us to harvest and it took me ages last night and it's not even 25% finished hahahaha

@GazzaGarratti know you were wondering what to do next. How about setting up some solar panels and figuring out how all that is going to work? Obviously after we finish the garage, that's going to take a while.

On 10/23/2020 at 1:33 PM, tronic44 said:

@crispymorgan , @GazzaGarratt and myself started the garage yesterday, if you go down the end of the base towards the kitchen and take a right, you'll go through a door way and up a slope. A lot still needs to be done and we have an idea in mind for the main entrance and slope but the garage itself is up for grabs. I was thinking about making it multilayed with everything you could possibly want. Its just around the corner from our storage, so should help when unloading vehicles.

I've also made a load more farm plots, so that's getting much bigger. Once it's full size, we made need a few of us to harvest and it took me ages last night and it's not even 25% finished hahahaha

@GazzaGarratti know you were wondering what to do next. How about setting up some solar panels and figuring out how all that is going to work? Obviously after we finish the garage, that's going to take a while.

Yep, I'm back from hols now so I'll have a think on how the Solar panels could be safe and work to give us constant power through the overall base.

You should try and get some videos and pictures up @tronic44, I think the garage already looks pretty cool and definitely the entrance to Jurassic Park 😁😎

@tronic44and I worked on it yesterday and we’re thinking of maybe a little workshop/stores area at the back for gas, repair kits with a workbench, etc

Rich also mentioned an aquatic project but this is probably something that I can’t tell you about 😂😂😂

Where are you planning to defend ourselves on the next few horde nights? At the base or the garage? Just thinking about working on some dart traps for additional defenses.

6 hours ago, GazzaGarratt said:

Where are you planning to defend ourselves on the next few horde nights? At the base or the garage? Just thinking about working on some dart traps for additional defenses.

I'm thinking about that bedrock tunnel.....😎

10 hours ago, Spacedeck said:

Apparently I've owned this game ever since acquiring it from HumbleBundle in November 2018... never been installed.  I'm thinking about giving it a go, anything I need to know beforehand?

Now you've said that, there is no turning back. All you need to know, apart from the server details, is not to go out alone after dark 😁

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

Welcome to the world @Spacedeck ! Its honestly been a great ride for the last few months on our own server. The main base is getting on rather well of late, with loads of extra rooms including the garage that looks awesome when you try and drive in and out of it. We'll have to take a number of pictures and videos to keep everyone updated.

I'm also going to look into a 'horde night' night as I know we could probably get more of us on if we know in advance when many of us could get on. It would be absolute carnage based on number of Zombies coupled with its Day 150ish now. Never too late to start though as plenty to learn, craft and create.

We had a little breach tonight! We need a new door for the entrance that leads outside (at top of the ladder from where the beds are).  Some of the generators need topping up too, I didn't work out how to top them up before the Horde started, so I just camped in the beds area and stared at the bottom of the ladder with my AK.

8 hours ago, Spacedeck said:

We had a little breach tonight! We need a new door for the entrance that leads outside (at top of the ladder from where the beds are).  Some of the generators need topping up too, I didn't work out how to top them up before the Horde started, so I just camped in the beds area and stared at the bottom of the ladder with my AK.

No problem mate..I’ll jump on and do it in a while, there’s plenty of steel in the chest. At least you didn’t die! 😂

I've inadvertently put a vault door on but it has a 7000 rating so should be ok for now.

I get the feeling there's another door missing though...by all the steelwork on the inner wall entrance..I'll let someone who's more familiar with the layout sort that one out

Be aware if you do jump on that it's 24 hours to a horde night - I probably won't be on for a while, maybe tomorrow sometime

I've created a storage box called sweets, i recommend that everyone has a look through and see what each sweet does. There's some really useful ones in there. 

Atom Junkie – Atom sized candy and atomic sized power! Increase explosive damage 50%.
Covert Cats – Be a cool cat and have it made in the shade with Covert Cats. Deal 50% more sneak damage.
Eye Candy – Find that sparkling treasure easier with a drop of Eye Kandy. Find much better loot.
Hackers – These tasty treats give you 20% more harvest when salvaging.
Health Bar – Increases your max health and adds 50% resistance to critical injuries, recover from critical wounds faster.
Jail Breakers – Be the daddy to that stubborn lock. 100% success chance to pick a lock.
Nerd Tats – Channel your inner nerd powers! Stun batons stun nearby enemies on charged hits.
Oh Shitz Drops – Be prepared for those Oh Shitz moments! Fall damage immunity.
Rock Busters – Jawbreakers got nuthin’ on us! Gain 20% more resources mining ores.
Skull Crushers – Rock hard candy that gives you a rock hard punch. Increases melee damage 50%.
Sugar Butts – If ifs and butts were candy and nuts every day would be Christmas! Well now it can be with one tasty Sugar Butts Candy. Get a 10% better deal buying and selling

I've just learnt that they're called Kandies.

So i feel our time has run dry on the gaint ass map, it may be because it's too big or it may be that i lost the last month. Either way, no one's to blame.

I'm thinking we restart on a smaller map, with mods. I'll put the two options below but please say if you'd rather no mods.

7-days-to-die-ravenhearst-mod.jpg
7DAYSTODIEMODS.COM

Welcome to Ravenhearst a place where your nightmares grow and fester and the world around you is trying to kill you at every turn.
7-days-to-die-darkness-falls-mod.jpg
7DAYSTODIEMODS.COM

Darkness Falls mod is here! This is a 7 Days to Die mod KhaineGB originally created to fix a few issues himself, his wife and friends felt...

With regard to restart (sigh..less than a month into a long ass ol’ tunnel from the pit heading SE towards the town on the edge of the desert) I’d be up for that as I came into this one when it was well underway. Mods? Not too sure on that with my level of experience but I’ll go with the consensus.

22 minutes ago, Plumbers Crack said:

With regard to restart (sigh..less than a month into a long ass ol’ tunnel from the pit heading SE towards the town on the edge of the desert) I’d be up for that as I came into this one when it was well underway. Mods? Not too sure on that with my level of experience but I’ll go with the consensus.

The mods are purely to bulk out the experience, more things to do, more zombies, farming is harder as you have to water the crops etc

Once we’ve chosen which mod we want I’ll write up a how-to-do, on how to get the mods.