7DTD: FG Dedi Server - Darkness Falls

tronic44

Another good horde night last night, unfortunately one of the demolition zombies destroyed our stairs and most of one side of our base. Fortunately everything was safe and we made it out alive and with our base still standing.

@GazzaGarrattwent on a drive south and he finally found sand and oil shale! The one thing I found from the smaller map, was that it was too easy to pop down the road and get to a different bio dome. Now we actually have to go on a proper trip to get resources.

We’ve improved the garden a bit more so we now have enough of everything.  Thanks to @Grebothfor getting rid of that steel structure! The only thing we need to keep finding is tins of food but we’re stocked on food so people shouldn’t need to eat the tins. 

I’m now able to make level 4 ak47s but hoping I find an assault rifle schematic as I’ll be able to make level 4 ones. 

I think it would be good for someone to concentrate on armour, having steel armour would be amazing. We could also do with finding the boot mod which, I think, takes away fall damage.

I’ll also make some pocket mods for people when my next on, so then people won’t have to spend points on motherlode. I think I can only make double pocket mods but will hopefully find a triple pocket mod schematic soon.

It also might be good to build a garage  of some sort, I’ve found a way to make a less steep incline. You have to use wedge blocks and tips, then it won’t be crazy steep. Then a drawbridge and then our vehicles will be safe. We can make a long slow incline up to the base now and build a garage of some sort. Unless we want to save it for the new base? I think we might be able to use the drawbridge as a type of trap door, not entirely sure but it’s something to think about. We could create a bat cave type of thing.

We should probably look into building some more 4x4s or bikes for people.

I could probably go on but will leave it there 😂

One more thing, I’m thinking we should save bullets for horde nights. Have some on you for when you loot places just in case but using a club and levelling up pummel Pete will help you in the long run.

Im thinking steel clubs for everyone with a nail mod on it but pummel Pete will still need to be upgraded to get the high chance of removing heads or knocking them down etc 

I'll be getting on at some point today and will see what I've unlocked to build stuff we need.

To summarise, we need:

- pocket mods

- steel armour

- more bikes

@Greboth has unlocked making steel clubs. Can you make us some steel clubs please? I'm still using a level 6 wooden club with mods. 😂 not very effective at killing multiple zombies at a time. 😅

Were in a really good place with ammo since we have thousands of gun powder and bullet tips. Unfortunately, we are always lacking on brass which is always harder to get loads of. 

I've got the brass perk for sinks and plumbing. Grebo has the perk for doors. @Greboth we can spend all day looting houses for brass if you want. 🤪

It seemed silly to make more vehicles when we couldn’t fuel them.  Now we have a desert and Anna and I collected enough oil shale for 25k+ gas cans I think we can go ham on vehicles 😄 I do love the 4x4’s for looting as it has so much storage.

I’d also say leave tbe garage for now, it isn’t too bad to pick the vehicles up and we can build a garage as part of the new base.  

Steel clubs are great, as anna said I can make them.  Though we need more steel club parts @GazzaGarratt can you buy them from ther trader as you get the best deal.  I can only make level 1 clubs at the moment but I’ll do some looting and mining to put a some points in to making higher level clubs.

@craftofboredom  I’ll be around today though possibly going to see my sister today (depends on my nephew) but outside of that happy to do some looting.  I think quests are a good way to do it, bonus xp and we can double loot every house then too.

1103954298_AmosSignature.png.04556f304072cd09783cc1fdfec8fe9f.png

Sounds good to me, I just love making a good garage but I think we should potentially make a new way up to the base. Although drawbridges and demolition zombies probably don’t mix well 😂

I may be on later but probably won’t be, I’ll see how I feel when I get back. Got a shoot on the next 3 days so should probably get some sleep instead haha So I’ll probably see you all later 😂

@Greboth, sounds like a plan. I'll get my stuff done and be online sometime this PM.

@tronic44, not going to lie, demolition zombies with any base doesn't mix well. lol. 

Thinking about the garage, I remember that if you use the steep part of the wedge tips, it creates a really steep ramp. Too steep that even zombies can't go up. Despite this, their AI still sees it as a viable way to get to humans. This was on the previous alpha but not sure if this is still the case on alpha 19. We can somehow take advantage of this feature if it works in creating our new base as a choke point if you want. We can see if we can do this as part of the base planning. Has anyone else tested this theory? If not, I can test it and find out.

I feel like I've been on holiday with all those trips to find the promised desert land. Glad we now have one less resource to worry about. I've already been able to make it into stacks of Gas Cans (10k per can) only for 800 shale which means we shouldn't worry about this any longer.

I think I can make steel armour @tronic44 and happy to make more transport, we'll need to keep getting those Bottles of Acid though!

I'd love to see a garage at some point, was thinking about it yesterday too.

I really want to build a base near the desert just so it starts the ball rolling getting mini bases in other places. GGs so far, these horde nights are already getting super hard!

As most of you know, I've now mapped the biomes and made a crude diagram.  We should probably get a forward operating base for some of the useful ones.  I found a nice city in the desert so I'm going to set up shop there I think.  I might even start my own air delivery company.

20 hours ago, crispymorgan said:

I shall also buy a monkeybike......

Did a few quests last night and was not on for long but wanted to share a few bits. so just nipped on a minute ago to take a few screenshots. Special mention to Scott @RedXIII  that managed to get on finally...shame you died randomly on the second trip to get you from your spawn point 8km away!!🤣 Hopefully @Greboth got you back to the base in time to put your bed down!

Personal Mailboxes - Unfortunately you can't create exact post boxes but i've added a chest for each of us so whenever someone wants something, we can add it in their box as we all might not be on at the same time. Don't forget that there's the separate thread for any stuff you might want/need so we can keep  it separate to this update thread.

7 days postboxes.JPG

Helipad - I wanted to add one so it kept it separate from where the beds are. Appreciate @crispymorgan  is the only one mainly flying at present but I intend to make one or two more as it would be good to have more of us having special flying errand runs to do 😄

7 days helipad sign.JPG

7 days helipad.JPG

Extra Storage - @tronic44 Rich mentioned last night we were struggling for storage so I replaced most of the top storage boxes so they are available to be assigned to whatever you want them to be. As I've also got the stacking resources perk, you'll see i've made more space in the resources box as Stone, Wood, Iron and a few others are stackable into 5 X 6000 stacks.

That's about it for now - Oh, apart from i've dibbed the first bedroom on the right in the new underground base. I'll get a sign up when i'm next on 👍

7 Days storage.JPG

Yup, we got back eventually- third times the charm.  Though I’m not sure the death was random, I’m pretty sure it had something to do with @RedXIII driving off a cliff.  The fact I said it was fine to drive off a cliff earlier should not be taken in to consideration 🤣

@Plumbers Crack and I had a good mining session yesterday, loads of lead as we had none.  The trees had all fully grown too so cut them all down for about 10k wood.

After refuelling most of the vehicles were we down to our last few thousand gas cans so took a trip to the desert. Thank you @crispymorgan  for your lovely map as 4km east is a lot easier than almost 8 going SE.  We found a large shale vein just inside the deset as it looks like 2 spawned right next to each other.  Dave dug the one while I took the other.  The mining was all going quite well until I caused a small cave in which dominoed quite spectacularly to bring the entire roof down - oops.  So now we have more of an open quarry than a mine for shale 🤣  Still we got enough shale for Lee to make something like 500k gas cans with some shale left over so we are definitely good for gas for a while.

During all of this I wrenched a few cars, did a quest so managed to find enough brass to make some bullet casing.  So that’s a few hundred more 7.62’a for horde night.

On the brass front, it occurred to me that once we have the under ground base built and filled with traps we should use less bullets come horde night.  Might be obviously but was a duh moment for me when I realised it.

4 hours ago, Greboth said:

Yup, we got back eventually- third times the charm.  Though I’m not sure the death was random, I’m pretty sure it had something to do with @RedXIII driving off a cliff.  The fact I said it was fine to drive off a cliff earlier should not be taken in to consideration 🤣

@Plumbers Crack and I had a good mining session yesterday, loads of lead as we had none.  The trees had all fully grown too so cut them all down for about 10k wood.

After refuelling most of the vehicles were we down to our last few thousand gas cans so took a trip to the desert. Thank you @crispymorgan  for your lovely map as 4km east is a lot easier than almost 8 going SE.  We found a large shale vein just inside the deset as it looks like 2 spawned right next to each other.  Dave dug the one while I took the other.  The mining was all going quite well until I caused a small cave in which dominoed quite spectacularly to bring the entire roof down - oops.  So now we have more of an open quarry than a mine for shale 🤣  Still we got enough shale for Lee to make something like 500k gas cans with some shale left over so we are definitely good for gas for a while.

During all of this I wrenched a few cars, did a quest so managed to find enough brass to make some bullet casing.  So that’s a few hundred more 7.62’a for horde night.

On the brass front, it occurred to me that once we have the under ground base built and filled with traps we should use less bullets come horde night.  Might be obviously but was a duh moment for me when I realised it.

Less bullets..hhmmm..maybe, but with Phil “Mr Concrete” Bottle that may be a while and you’re also forgetting about “Ammo” Anna, our friend with the bullet addiction! 😂😂

fa91d1c7-2525-4709-a13b-ae6fabba557e.jpg

Thanks to Capn_Underpants for the artwork

Let's make a deal not to leave a server a couple of hours before a horde night so a solo phil doesn't get the fright of his life when he has just logged on to so some digging🤗

Edited by phil bottle
Horde not hoard phil you illiterate twat.

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

As a fellow digger I empathise with you Phil...if you’re on your own approaching horde night is it better to just stay low in the base or go somewhere away from the base so they don’t wreck it? Also, if you’re solo does it just spawn 10 zombies or is there more than one wave?

Managed to get a horde night this week and was great to experience to have it in the new base for the first time. @Emma  @Plumbers Crack  @RedXIII  and @phil bottlewere also trying to survive the huge hordes that started to come into our newly cemented maze.

And thats what it felt like really. The Zombies funneled themselves through the small holes that @Greboth left in each section and helped us concentrate where to target our bajillions of bullets we had. Without the blade traps though they got to the most inner wall very quickly. I think from 10pm til 2am it seemed like everything was easily maintainable as the Zombies queued up in an orderly fashion battering a double cemented, double thickness wall in the same place.

Until it reached 2.30am.

They broke through one full brick, in both the outer and inner last wall. So a few of us dropped inside the base as it left us a fantastic straight shot to get multiple exploding headshots on eleventy zombies at a time. However, the second bricks they need to remove to get in were slowly disintegrating. Dave and myself tried to fix it a little along the way with Scott trying to tackle them from the outside by casually accidentally slipping off the top. Whilst Emma and Dave tried to help Scott stay alive, the last brick broke setting all the Zombies flying through into the middle of the maze at the top of our underground base. Zombie vultures at this point were flying all over the shop and it felt like we were all doing a fancy figure skating routine, dodging as many zombies as possible, spinning and shooting the final bullets we had left (ah, yes. Forgot to mention we started to run out of bullets around 2am).

The massacre continued, and at 3.57am the Zombies got the better of Dave and myself, Emma making a valiant effort to keep me alive chucking me a first aid kit seconds before my health hit zero. My hands just aint what they used to be 🙈.  The others still trying to survive past 4am with still many Zombies and Vultures floating about.

The night ended and the base stood strong with the exception of a couple of cement blocks. Next time out with some blade traps and plenty of additional support we should be able to dominate all the way through the night. Probably need Ammo Anna @craftofboredom  to do her thing and make zillions of bullets for us 😁

The underground base now has pretty much all the storage bits in it. I spent a little time with Dave to make a little more our of the 2nd floor. Obviously massive effort required to re-organise all the crap will always be needed but its a decent start. Just need to start building an Armory through the back door in the storage side so we can put the Gun Safes in there if that works for everyone? Screenshots below - please note we were just trying to think of ways to have the room so if you want anything changing I wasn't precious on any of the bits around that floor. Hopefullyt whats been done helps stem some thoughts and conversation 👍

Entrance with signs

7 days 2nd floor 1.JPG

Storage side

7 days 2nd floor 3.JPG

Storage side - Potential Armory room?

7 days 2nd floor 2.JPG

Workshop side

7 days 2nd floor 4.JPG

GGFG all

Nice update Lee 👍 It’s good to know the base held up pretty well especially as  with 5 of you the horde would be pretty large.  It is time to focus on traps but I don’t know if we can make enough before the next one but we can try.

Though on the trap front, the walls were built with 3x3 traps in mind but due to the needed thickening of our base wall the trench is now only 5 wide.  So we’ll need to rethink our trap design.  Which isn’t a bad thing as we probably should use a mix if traps and turrets.

On the ammo front, I managed to get on for a little before gt sport wednesday and last night and just looting.  With some help from Crispy and Rich Plenty of brass, door knobs and radiators found 🙂 I think by the end of last night we had ~1600 bullet casings with enough brass melting down to maybe double that.  With time for more looting before the next horde too.  Now just turn all the casings in to bullets.

Now I’ve also maxxed lucky looter and with a few books read.  Even though I occasionally use bullets while looting, I always seem to come back with more than I left which is a bonus.

Just wanted to say thank you all for throwing yourselves into this game, i've always enjoyed it but playing with this many of you has been brilliant. We now have over 10 people who play, so over the next month or so we will look into upgrading the server more and allowing more people on at a time.

So yeah, horde night 91 didn't go too well again.  Traps not down and not enough ammo makes horde night hard!  Most of the night wasn't too bad as the zombies for some reason decided to focus on trying to dig under the perimeter wall making it easy to burn them all with molotovs.  Eventually their focus turned though and they managed to get through the 3 wide hardened concrete wall with a couple getting in to the base.  Thankfully this was at the end of horde night so was a relatively easy job of mopping up the few stragglers.  So I straight away set to crafting 20 something blade traps and I know Lee has put some (all?) of them down so hopefully with them down, maybe some other traps and some spikes the base will fair a bit better come the next horde night.  Maybe even worth upgrading as much of the inner most 3 wide wall to steel reinforced concrete being is our last line of defence.

5 hours ago, tronic44 said:

Just wanted to say thank you all for throwing yourselves into this game, i've always enjoyed it but playing with this many of you has been brilliant. We now have over 10 people who play, so over the next month or so we will look into upgrading the server more and allowing more people on at a time.

GGFG and thank you to you too for running the server for as long as it took for us lot to realise how good the game is.

I don't know what it is about this time but I'm enjoying it a lot more than previous times we've played.  But a bigger/better server is always a good thing, it would be awesome one horde night if we could get everyone on.  Though maybe once we have a decent array of traps and a good supply of bullet 😆

Garage Plans:

So my idea for a garage is to basically to dig a long tunnel down to our base, i've figured out how to make the ramp not as steep as before. This will make any ramp we have will be twice as long as before, which means the entrance might be a bit futher out. The entrance will be a drawbridge on the floor that will be used as a trap door, so if the drawbridge is open the door is closed. Hope this makes sense.

Normal Entranace Plans:

I'm not sure what to do with this, or if we want one? I imagine we will, as we won't always need to drive back to the garage.

Farm: I'm thinking we should continue with what @Plumbers Crack has started but maybe we just do one single layer and then put bars over the top of the whole base in the middle? I'm still not sure if putting bars over will stop the plants from growing?

New Base: I'm loving our new base but part of me thinks we should have seperate rooms for things, like all the forges in one room with storage for them, maybe build a kitchen etc. Having all the storage boxes together is a bit of a nightmare trying to find things and i feel that's why things just get dumped in places. I'm happy to continue like it is if everyone's happy though.

Things To Note:

If we need more veg, don't forget the original base still has a big garden in it, so will need to be harvested every now and then. Also once we've made a start to the new garden, we can bring the seeds back from the old base.

Also our personal chests back at the old base still have a bit of stuff in, was meant to get it all last time but had a full car.

Who are you kdding Rich with won’t always have to drive back? I’ve been looting with people we drive the car to go next door 🤣

It would be good to have a walk in entrance though I think it’s a little in flux until we’ve settled on the design off the base, the height of the walls, how many walls, wall thickness, are we putting bars on top of the trap trenches etc.

I agree with the storage though the original base plan was to have bulk storage and forges on the bottom floor of the base for the most common things like stone, clay, wood and smelting iron, steel etc.  With the forges in their current position for adhoc stuff like brass which we never have enough of for bulk or suddenly needing more of a resource.

I think the current set up is being used though because a) people are lazy but also b) because we’re still building and figuring out the base we’re using  alot of resources and time so aren’t getting a backlog of resources to need bulk storage yet.  Though I think (hope) we will soon as the base is getting through horde nights a little less damaged these days.

Then we can move on to doing it all again when building secondary bases around the map 😆

1 hour ago, tronic44 said:

Garage Plans:

So my idea for a garage is to basically to dig a long tunnel down to our base, i've figured out how to make the ramp not as steep as before. This will make any ramp we have will be twice as long as before, which means the entrance might be a bit futher out. The entrance will be a drawbridge on the floor that will be used as a trap door, so if the drawbridge is open the door is closed. Hope this makes sense.

If you've got the design in your head just put markers out for digging..we'll do the grunt, you do the fancy stuff

Farm: I'm thinking we should continue with what @Plumbers Crack has started but maybe we just do one single layer and then put bars over the top of the whole base in the middle? I'm still not sure if putting bars over will stop the plants from growing?

Let's just test it

New Base: I'm loving our new base but part of me thinks we should have seperate rooms for things, like all the forges in one room with storage for them, maybe build a kitchen etc. Having all the storage boxes together is a bit of a nightmare trying to find things and i feel that's why things just get dumped in places. I'm happy to continue like it is if everyone's happy though.

Separate areas would be a good idea..room with clothes / armour chests (and some full length mirrors? 😘 ) would get a lot of stuff out of the way for a start

Will try and get on at some point this week but maybe the weekend as I'm determined to finish a few games before Outer Worlds releases on Steam.

Great idea to separate storage into applicable rooms.

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

Not had much time to get on but hopefully you're all enjoying the Concrete XP still? 🤣🤣

Looks like I didn't reply to @tronic44's post so jus thought i'd mention I don't mind at all whatever people do or put anywhere. Main thing is to keep trying stuff in my eyes, rather than just waiting too long as thats why we kinda ended up with everything in that huge room so we made the most of it.

Let us know how you're getting on with the garage. Excited to see the progress and see if there a super huge underground tunnel.

Haven’t started the garage, might make a start tonight if I’m on.

I think we’ll slowly start to build separate rooms for forges, campfires etc We should section off the forges so we know what a forge should be smelting. 

@Plumbers Crack has made a start to a massive garden, the plan is to garden over the entire roof and put bar up all around the base to protect the crop.

Theres a shed load of work still to do but you guys have made great progress so far!

In other news:

I’ve now unlocked tier 5 quests, I know this will make @GazzaGarrattvery happy 😂