7DTD: FG Dedi Server - Darkness Falls

tronic44

4 minutes ago, tronic44 said:

Also as the map is bloody huge, we’ll have to make small bases all around the map, so we can travel safely.

If you haven’t seen the size of the map, go on and have a scroll around 😂 It’s ridiculous!

I was actually thinking about that as even getting the tier 2 trader is a pain in the ass.  He’s only 3km away but so many hills! I have yet to find a good way to get there and back so a temp base nearer would be good.

I didn’t realise it was a thing either, gives me even more reason to go looting so I can cut down all teh doors.

1103954298_AmosSignature.png.04556f304072cd09783cc1fdfec8fe9f.png

I haven't had chance of late to put up a bit of an update so its been ace reading the updates @Greboth and @tronic44.

Its been nice to get on to the map and check it out. Definitely makes it different when the first two traders we've found are right in the centre of two large towns. I love the idea of having min camps/bases so we don't have to travel back and forth in the day as you lose so much time doing things like that. I've had some good nights so far like Greebs mentioned, with hordes (and I mean hordes!) of Zombies everywhere, even in the day. Having a base in a town certainly makes things a little interesting!

Skills wise, I've continued to look at Advanced Engineering and Grease Monkey to enable us to get Bicycles and eventually some 4x4 trucks. It also gave us the chance to get a Workbench and we finally made a Chemistry Station 2 days ago once Rich found a Beaker. I'm going to keep focusing on that but also some bartering skills. I'd suggest someone looks at doing the same as the Quests and Traders can give HUGE loot gains, especially with books.

Definitely need to think about a few things, not in any order:

• A huge main base for everyone
  • Mini bases for each town/large section we find
  • What types of things we need for bases
  • What books people want/need to write
  • What other skills could be really helpful for someone to have

I definitely feel this time round this server map is for keeps for a long time. Its fecking huge and lots to explore and also learn too. We've all talked about new things that we might know of but never gave it a try so we really should start doing that. It'll help each other then as we learn new fancy things for all of the bases!

Maybe a big party up night where we can all meet up and get a good start on a main base perhaps?

On 9/21/2020 at 1:35 PM, Plumbers Crack said:

I have succumbed!

I'm glad you have Dave! Once you've played around with skills and created a few things, hopefully the game will just click. It'll help you're a Pro at Minecraft, unlike me 😁

3 hours ago, tronic44 said:

Question to everyone!

Shall we move to update 19.1? We won’t have to reset for this I believe.

I'm happy to if its stable and doesn't require any real effort from us all? Makes sense to be on the latest version that is stable but equally not if it cocks up anything we've already done or going to do.

46 minutes ago, Shucker said:

So I get online last night for about two hours. Score some loot, set up camp at a fire station by the other trader, level up a few times and then head back to home base all proud of my accomplishments and lots of supplies and mods in hand for the crew.

I jump on the boxes, run up the fire escape and through the front door. And it's there that I'm greeted by a shiny new motorcycle and a 4x4.

Ó╭╮Ò

That's ace mate! Tbh, I was hoping it would be a surprise to see them up top 😁 Geniunely, you were way more productive than me. I just dug for Coal which got me my extra skill point to create the truck accessories and chassis to build one. Thought i'd chuck a Motorcycle in their because they are pretty cool and especially because a few people like to make solo trips to places. Make sure you check out the storage space on both - defnitely means you can do more and loot loads on your trips out and about.

31 minutes ago, GazzaGarratt said:

I'm glad you have Dave! Once you've played around with skills and created a few things, hopefully the game will just click. It'll help you're a Pro at Minecraft, unlike me 😁

I'm happy to if its stable and doesn't require any real effort from us all? Makes sense to be on the latest version that is stable but equally not if it cocks up anything we've already done or going to do.

That's ace mate! Tbh, I was hoping it would be a surprise to see them up top 😁 Geniunely, you were way more productive than me. I just dug for Coal which got me my extra skill point to create the truck accessories and chassis to build one. Thought i'd chuck a Motorcycle in their because they are pretty cool and especially because a few people like to make solo trips to places. Make sure you check out the storage space on both - defnitely means you can do more and loot loads on your trips out and about.

How are we going to get a 4x4 and a motorcycle down from the roof?

fa91d1c7-2525-4709-a13b-ae6fabba557e.jpg

Thanks to Capn_Underpants for the artwork

4 minutes ago, Plumbers Crack said:

How are we going to get a 4x4 and a motorcycle down from the roof?

Simples. Put it in your pocket.

Yes, that's correct. 7 Days physics and logic all working in perfect order. Give it a go. Hold "E" and you have options, one is to pick it up (providing there is nothing in the storage). I should take a pic and share it on here really.

So the first main/temporary base is coming along nicely and we had over a half a dozen of us on last night to get through the latest horde night which is quite epic. A first proper Horde night for Matty @Misneach_  and maybe the first correct way of doing a horde night for Dave @Plumbers Crack  considering I took him through the last one and failed miserably, setting him on fire with about 4 Molotov Cocktails. Who knew he would light up so quickly in a small room underneath the base?

Zombies GALORE it was and for the 5th horde night, its already getting rather tasty. Radiated ones are starting to appear and jump the entire base which is unreal to say the least. We seem better prepared this time though, as we've been gathering the relevant resources for bullets and creating really good platforms for food and transport for later mini base camps and loot runs.

The current base looks like this. Just before i logged off last night, I created a Gyrocopter but more importantly a black leather sofa and TV because it needed a bit of life, me thought 😎

7 Days base1.JPG

7 Days base2.JPG

We also have one of the best starter garden we've ever had, courtesy of @tronic44 but also aided by @Plumbers Crack  (no way keeping his green hands off this bit)

7 Days base3.JPG

So its coming along nicely. We have a little meet up tonight to see where we go to potentially start the main base and then whatever other camps we may need to get started on. The map remains to be a mystery too as no one has found any sign of a desert or other key parts we may need the resources from - looking at you Oil Shale. Hopefully the Gyrocopter will help everyone out.

GGFG for the work so far people!

@Plumbers Crack  @tronic44 @phil bottle @crispymorgan  @Greboth @craftofboredom  @Misneach_  @Emma  @Diddums

1 minute ago, Diddums said:

I just want a blunderbuss.

1 minute ago, Diddums said:

Also, WHERE THE FUCK ARE THE CHAIRS?

You people disgust me. This must be rectified, I'll be on tonight. 

We have (or least had) about 10 blunderbuss’ which you’d know if you had been on 😉 

Also there have been chairs but someone keeps taking them down 😞 

On 9/20/2020 at 10:36 PM, Greboth said:

A little update from today; I think I may have found the best book ever! I get the brass door handle from every door I knock down so all the brass for us 😄

Crispy and I went to do a quest which turned in to more of a hunt as we found a few chicken, 2 deer and then I found a bear on the way back so about 140 meat and we weren't even trying to find animals.  I think you're right about food though, I have the first level unlocked but moved on to unlocking other things.  I want to get the next tier of extra meat then I think I'll put some points in to master chef so I can cook all the food I'm bringing back.

I've also made an iron pick, so I think I'll go mining as I've marked so many iron, lead, nitrate on coal on my map it should be easy for me to dig some up.

We are so going to want that perk especially during end game when it's harder to come by brass! Nice one. You're the door destroyer. 😂

37 minutes ago, craftofboredom said:

We are so going to want that perk especially during end game when it's harder to come by brass! Nice one. You're the door destroyer. 😂

Haha yup, it’s why I’ve been loving the quests recently. Knock all the doors down, start the quest and reset the house and knock them all down again.  I think my record so far is 22 door knobs from one house so far.

Hopefully we can find another one or 2 of the same books as it would be so useful if more people could do similar.

18 hours ago, Diddums said:

What perk is it? I'll need to pick some too and I do love a good knob. 

I read it in a book but I think all perks you get from books can be unlocked with points.  The books just unlock stuff earlier than you might with points.  I don’t know what perk it is but  it isn’t something I thought of before.  It’s worth looking in to though as it may mean you could get it without needing to find a book.

Horde night for me was interesting 🤣 I took the gyrocopter to uncover some of the map and see if I could find a desert.  I got distracted by some huge mountains and one that looked like a stereotypical kids drawing of a volcano with a massive caldera.  Which I promptly crashed into obviously.  With no way to fly the gyrocopter out the only option was digging...lots and lots of digging.  Contrary to other peoples opinion I should just die and respawn, while I had food and repair kits I was going to try and get out.  About 18 hours in game, totally missing horde night, and almost 30k stone later I found freedom.  On the side of a mountain, I quickly built a platform form to put the gyrocopter down and fly back.  For halfway home to accidentally press e and get out the gyrocopter and fall to my death.  At least I now spawned on my bed, pick up a motorbike and off I went to get my backpack contents and gyrocopter back.

Following on from this Anna and I did some looting and some mining.  So we’re decently stocked on coal and nitrate.  I think next time I’m on I’ll focus on iron and lead.

More importantly we decided on a new base which I believe Phil has started work on.  We decided on an underground base that has a hole in the middle for the zombies to fall in to in horde night.  The location is on the outskirts of town, north of the trader as a lot of the rest of the map is very hilly and we can carry on looting the rest of the town.

Now just to find a desert so we can fuel all our vehicles properly.

The determination and stubborness of you trying to get out of a 17 mile deep hole was courageous (and bonkers) @Greboth. Couldn't believe you made it out before the end of the night.

Good horde night on Friday. Shit tons of Zombies like last one but we were more on top of it this time. Nearly like a well-oiled machine. I only fell off once. Thank you Anna @craftofboredom  for saving my bacon 🥓. I now have max Bartering skills with all the traders so can see their best loot they offer. Finally got to see Solar Banks and Solar Cells...but we might need more money to get the cells as they're c.40k each!!

Btw, don't go West - I spent just over a day on the Motorcycle going as far as I could and found a huge Dead Zone with loads of lakes. I looped round, going slightly South too and it was still a shit ton of Dead Zone with it linking back to good ol' Green Hill Zone (hehe). I went about 9km West and South. Sooooooo.....

I propose we gotta go South East and possibly East too. Apparently we're quite North on the overall map so might take a bike out tonight providing i find enough cars to Wrench on the way 🙈 NEEED ALL OF THE OIL SHALE IN THE DESERT 😬