7DTD: FG Dedi Server - Darkness Falls

tronic44

On 6/20/2020 at 8:56 AM, tronic44 said:

Made a decent start to the tunnel last night, probably about half way there. Might stop tunnelling if we’re resetting the server soon and go and loot places instead. There’s a few city’s we haven’t touched yet.

Might also try and arm the base in preparation one for one giant last horde night, when ever that may be.

I would looooove to get this tunnel done but with the ever pressing Alpha 19 Reset hanging over us, i aint sure its worth it. When do you think a full reset is the right time?

I definitely think we should get us all on for a horde night. With at least 4 of us on the zombies might go a little more crazy than before....lets see how many walls and ceilings last! @Greboth @phil bottle you up for a big one? 😎

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

13 hours ago, GazzaGarratt said:

I would looooove to get this tunnel done but with the ever pressing Alpha 19 Reset hanging over us, i aint sure its worth it. When do you think a full reset is the right time?

I definitely think we should get us all on for a horde night. With at least 4 of us on the zombies might go a little more crazy than before....lets see how many walls and ceilings last! @Greboth @phil bottle you up for a big one? 😎

Oh hell yeah, we’ll do a massive horde night before we reset. I’ll give us unlimited everything and we can have a blast...get it...a blast 😎

Pretty sure I can drop anything in the game, although now I say that I’m not sure if I have to be in creator mode. 

We should find out soon about alpha 19, it looks bloody glorious...ok I’ll stop now

So....its been a while for an update for this hasn't it? So lets get one up as you'll love this (even though at the time I didn't 🙈😬)

Rich has updated the server to the Alpha Experimental Update so its been good to see how some things have changed. We've started making a base and Rich did a lot of groundwork alongside Greebs and Phil to bring it along.

Then came last night 🙈

I logged on after seeing Didds still on the case. Didds was making his little hut minding his own business whilst I was upstairs on the base where all the storage was. We had boxes full of resources, ammo, meds, food....well pretty much anything you could've hoped for really at the start. Schematics were there, as were new Pill boxes and fancy storage that Rich must've spent a whole night to carve and create. Anyways, I looked up at the nice promenade view that was there (think of it as an exquisite balcony, fit for only kings and queens that could get a vantage point to pop Zombies in the eyes) and next thing I knew a huge thunder sound happened and my life went into slow motion as I watched the ENTIRE base where all the storage and balcony set up just fell like a pack of cards to a slow painful death.

7 days blow up1.jpeg

I was speechless. Well, near enough speechless as I kept saying 'No, no, no, no!' Diddums on the other hand didn't hear a thing from below and was wondering what the hell I was panicking and ditraight about. And then he looked up....

7 days blow up2.jpeg

I wish I had a picture before this. The base about 10-12 storage boxes the base was quite large. It was soul destroying. Even more so because Didds was laughing his ass off leaving me to feel sick for the entire night 🤣🤣 I could not believe it. It seemed as others cared for me as Phil and Crispy joined us later on....but nope. That was more to see the massacre that had happened and to jump in with the laughing at Lee moment FML 🙈

Fr the short time I was on after this, I went to grab a ton of resources so things could be rebuilt. Wood, Iron, Coal, Sulphate, etc. I managed to also do a few Treasure Quest supply runs which had some very much needed food supplies in them. I dumped all my stuff in one of the remaining chests that was close to the middle and the beds. One good thing I found with this update is that the Quests have been fleshed out a little with the treasure ones showing a map of overall surface it is in - a huge difference to what it is was previously so I really love that update.

7 days treasure quest1.JPG

Anyways, what an eventful evening. Not gonna lie, Ifelt exhausted by the end of the night, trying to recuperate and calm down from all the drama. I only popped on to have a look at the base and eat some Eggs and Bacon. FML

GGs all @tronic44 @Diddums @phil bottle @crispymorgan  @Greboth

I feel you need a new title, maybe Lee the Destroyer? Lee the Resource Remover? 🤣  There was some good stuff in them but nothing that we can't get again 🙂

I agree though it was a fun night with a number of us on 🙂 Definitely need to play more 7DTD.

1103954298_AmosSignature.png.04556f304072cd09783cc1fdfec8fe9f.png

1 hour ago, Plumbers Crack said:

Why did it collapse Lee? Did you press the Big Red Button?

I must've stared at the boxes for way too long and burned the wood beneath them 👀

1 hour ago, Plumbers Crack said:

Why did it collapse Lee? Did you press the Big Red Button?

Couldn't hold the weight of his fat ass. It was also the funniest shit I've seen in ages.

I'm enjoying it atm tbh. Need to chuck Rachel a few quid for the hosting bill but it's good fun. 

banlol.png

We've done a pretty good job of getting itr pretty much back to where it was within a 3-5 hours I reckon. @Diddums was back on getting his Steam achievements and killing bears. @crispymorgan  and @Ajay  alternated trying to also find more bears and kill them, dying in the process. @Greboth went on a trip with me to fetch a shared quest. I then subsequently died from a Warthog. How on earth those buggers can jump fences i'll never know. @phil bottle was on to steady the ship and make sure we had some more Iron smelting and the resources were on their way back up, although i'm not sure he's overly happy with me building a lovely walkway to his radio tower base 😬 He's just shy to unexpected visitors i'm sure.

I'm pretty chuffed with all this, considering I broke my leg. Twice. Frustratingly the second time was 2 minutes left before I could be fully better. Did I mention I love this game 🙃

image.png

Hope you like the storage boxes Rachel @tronic44, no time lost whilst you've been lazy at work doing absolutely nothing as per usual 😉 I think the last box has your favourite things in it, waiting for you to build some engineering fantasmic stuff. We all hoped you like the chairs though too. We've nearly got enough to full surround the entire edges 🤣

image.png

First off can I just say this game has improved massively, the graphics are much bigger and the overall feel of the  game is way better. Hell @Diddumsis playing so they must have done something right.

Moving on to @GazzaGarratt😂 No worries Lee, it happens to the best of us. Good to see you’re collecting chairs, they’ll be real useful come horde night.

Glad everyone’s enjoying it, I knew they’d get this game right at some point.

1 hour ago, Shucker said:

Might have to jump in again sometime. I played a couple of times with all y'all in the past but had no idea what I was doing aside from hiding out on the top of a roof at night for what seemed like an eternity. Glad to hear strides have been made in the gfx department too. I'd like to give my new RTX 2070 Super  a chance to stretch its legs.

Same GPU as me. At 1440p I'm getting around 80-90fps.

It's fun, come join us!

banlol.png

Another good ol' day at the office on the FG server. I've been cranking on up the XP ladder, upgrading blocks, digging and hammering for materials, and picking up as many Fetch and Buried Supply Quests as I can get my hands on. You all reallyshould get quests everytime you log on. Nearly 3,000 XP not to mention money earned, Zombies to kill around the objective and digging for Buried Supplies is even more XP.

Managed to get my hands on a Claw Hammer and Duct Tape (thanks @tronic44) which meant we could now build a Workbench. I've also managed to build 2 Bicycles that Rich and I left at the top of the base for anyone that wants a trip out. Much, much easier to go on a scavenger hunt now. We've also built some more support for the overall structure so we shouldn't have any mishaps - well, when i'm not on anyway.

I think it's coming along nicely.

7 days 1.JPG

Also bought a Cash Register and a Munitions box from the trader so they're looking smart now. Rich has built out some Iron bars to help see out and shoot through on horde nights.

7 days 2.JPG

Oh, and here's a lovely pic from the top looking at @Diddums house/bungalow, with some swanky red stakes to keep the nasty neighbours out.

7 days 3.JPG

Oh, and in case you're wondering - the chairs? Well, you better ask Rich about that one...something tells me a favourite Cockney friend now has plenty of space to chill and hang out in their adjoining tower 🤣

@GazzaGarratt that's no longer my place, I've started camping on top of a shop which has zombie bears in it. Alex likes to come play with the bears now and then who then promptly give him the shredder treatment and he's usually got some nice goodies in his backpack so it's great. I'm a bit like that bloke with candy in a van except I'm a bloke hiding on the top of a shop with bears. I'm still hopelessly lost on what I'm meant to be doing, the crafting is good and all but I lack the arsed to apply myself to do the more complicated stuff so I pick up these superawesomemegacool recipes, learn them, look at the pretty pictures, then go kill more zombies with a club. I guess being chronically knackered all the time at the moment doesn't help this but whatevs. I'm just enjoying the survival aspect at the moment and learning the quickest ways to dispatch zeds.

@tronic44 Rachel and I had a moment last night, all romantic by the fireplace whilst waiting out horde night. On a bridge. Above a massive hungry bear. We drank water, ate charred meat, we may have even sung a little ditty to the bear, I can't remember as I was constantly mesmerized by Rachel's stopsign on his back beautiful eyes. 

@Shucker  Start off by following the basic steps which will appear in the top right of your screen when you first spawn in. The first one will be to create a bedroll, to do this you need 10x plant fibers, so just smash a load of plants to bits and you'll pick them up. Then press TAB to open your inventory, in the search bar on the left hand side, type in "bedroll" and then click on craft/create/make/whatever it says on the right hand side of the screen. Once it's crafted, open your inventory again and drag the bedroll to your hotbar at the bottom of the screen. Using your mouse wheel will scroll between all the items on your hotbar, left click will rotate the item in your hands, and right click will place it. Find a nice house / building / whatever to use as the start of a base and get as high up as possible. You effectively want to reduce the access to you by zombies, I found that a nice high building with only one staircase reaching the top was perfect, I then destroyed the staircase so nothing could climb up it and I use wooden frames to access it. 

Tbh your best bet is to hop on when we're on, the guys are very helpful as always, just stay away from @GazzaGarratt Leigh The Destroyer.

Oh and Rachel collects chairs, it's considered very rude on our server to not bring him a chair when you meet up with him. Don't be that guy.

banlol.png

I think you're right about the quests Lee, I need to do more to get my levels up some more.  Though I unlocked the perk last night to get more meat from animals so now I get, I think, 11 off of a chicken or rabbit.  So I think I need to spend an evening doing some hunting to see if I can build up our food reserves a little.

Good work on the base building though guys 🙂 It'll be nice when our supplies are safely tucked away and Lee proof 😄 I see from the sceenshots, it's day 13.  Did you leave it at day 13 or did you get as far as horde night?

1103954298_AmosSignature.png.04556f304072cd09783cc1fdfec8fe9f.png

3 hours ago, Greboth said:

I think you're right about the quests Lee, I need to do more to get my levels up some more.

Its the way forward and now we have bicycles we can share quests and get them done quickly. 3-4k XP is something you need to get yourself working on.

3 hours ago, Greboth said:

Did you leave it at day 13 or did you get as far as horde night?

It is still evening of Day 13 so a full day of prep before horde night left, I went to play on but because it was close i thought people might like a whole day of prepping. Abit like the calm before the storm. There's plenty of blocks to build to help branch out that base a lot more so its structurally sound and less chance it will all come down after a horde night attack.

37 minutes ago, Diddums said:

Or you could've taken one for the team and solo'd it. It's the least you could do after your shenanigans. 

And let everyone miss out on the glorious horde night XP and miss me fall off the top at 2am, onto a Spike, break my leg, again, and then got chomped up by Zombies and a zombie-infested, obsessed with Diddums Bear? That just wouldn't be cricket, would it 😎

50 minutes ago, Diddums said:

I need to find a reliable way to fuck these bears up once and for all. As Snoop Dogg would say, "fucking sick of it"

I can now create sticks of dynamite if you think that will help. I'm @phil bottle will approve of dynamite 😈

Hey guys, I've just recently joined this site as suggested by @GazzaGarratt.  It sounds as though you've got a great game and team on 7 days. I'd like to join, please if I can. What settings do you have the server on? What day are you on now? Can I have the details for the server please?

12 hours ago, craftofboredom said:

Hey guys, I've just recently joined this site as suggested by @GazzaGarratt.  It sounds as though you've got a great game and team on 7 days. I'd like to join, please if I can. What settings do you have the server on? What day are you on now? Can I have the details for the server please?

Absolutely Anna, more than happy to have another crew member on board! Rich or Rachel we have nicknamed him! @tronic44 will be able to help with those details. As of late last night it was around Day 19 as we've recently started it again on the Alpha experimental build, lots of cool new things to craft and Zombies are packing a punch this time round.

I did jump on last night after FG Fridays efforts just to make sure we are starting to have a bit more of a secure wall around the base, not as big as the entire Post Office where we are situated. It needs building up a little more and i think based on just the second horde night A LOT more spikes too. I can now craft Ak47s so gonna do some of them when i'm on next but we also need more Iron to get Forged Steel....I can now build us a 4x4 truck!

I'll take a picture when i'm next on to show the progress  unless someone does it before me. Oh, we've also stacked out the Guns n Tools crate, so i've built a separate one for Tools but we just need to separate the weapons from the tools now 👍

P.S. a few more skill points and we ain't far off a Gyrocopter...we could accelerate it all if someone found a Crucible!!

Guest tronic44
4 hours ago, GazzaGarratt said:

Absolutely Anna, more than happy to have another crew member on board! Rich or Rachel we have nicknamed him! @tronic44 will be able to help with those details. As of late last night it was around Day 19 as we've recently started it again on the Alpha experimental build, lots of cool new things to craft and Zombies are packing a punch this time round.

I did jump on last night after FG Fridays efforts just to make sure we are starting to have a bit more of a secure wall around the base, not as big as the entire Post Office where we are situated. It needs building up a little more and i think based on just the second horde night A LOT more spikes too. I can now craft Ak47s so gonna do some of them when i'm on next but we also need more Iron to get Forged Steel....I can now build us a 4x4 truck!

I'll take a picture when i'm next on to show the progress  unless someone does it before me. Oh, we've also stacked out the Guns n Tools crate, so i've built a separate one for Tools but we just need to separate the weapons from the tools now 👍

P.S. a few more skill points and we ain't far off a Gyrocopter...we could accelerate it all if someone found a Crucible!!

We should be able to make a crucible.

13 hours ago, GazzaGarratt said:

Thanks for having me today. Will definitely be playing again soon! 🙂 
You guys are awesome! @Diddums @tronic44 @phil bottle @crispymorgan . If I tagged the wrong person or missed people out, my bad. But you know who you are. lol.