Thank You Destiny

TigerBurge

7FFF7571-A3C5-4824-B564-9F91F5EE6AF0_zps

I just want to say this,thank you Bungie. Thank you for creating a game that many of us love, then hate,then love again, then hate to love.  The first time we landed on the Cosmodrome not knowing what the hell was going on, to the end and beating Wrath of the Machine. I think this game has done more than brought people together, it's given us more than a friendship. It brought us together as a family. Many of you I still talk to almost every day. I remember @BO7H B4RRELS and I picking it up and midnight chatting while it installed. Waiting only to get a damn error code and couldn't sign on. Stupid ass anteater 

We have all done special things together on this game. Standing in front of a cave for hours just shooting with hope of seeing a purple drop only to take it to that bastard at the tower and he gives us a blue (yes I'm still bitter).The first time we completed the Vault of Glass is still one of my most memorable in gaming. Took us about three night but we finally did it. Thinking why the hell Xur was selling a rocket launcher and who would waste what few strange coins I have on it. He will sell something better next week. Yeah that was Gjallerhorn week. I chased that damn thing for months. Don't think I got it until like December. However he did sell the icebreaker that next week.  

Then the horrible feeling of being Forever 29. The Vault could be a bitch. Ran it weekly trying to get my Warlock to 30. Even started running two Warlocks and could never get that damn helmet to drop.  I remember @Plumbers Crack  trying forever to make it to the exotic chest in the Vault. Wanting us to just go ahead. No one was left behind with us. He finally made the jump and was there when I got the first Gjallerhorn. Thought I busted his eardrums out. 

I remember @jSyn66 learning how to two man all the way up to Crota because our schedules suck and no one was ever on with us. 

Never having ran the hard mode Crota I took to Reddit and the first to invite me was this twat @The3rdWalker.  Little did I know that he would become a large part of this community. Now he's a fucking douche but he's here. May as well keep him. 

There really is is so many memories I have with this game. So many laughs @SensaiNemesis and all his voices. Really Chad you need help 😘

I love this game and this fucked up family we have here. I can't wait to see what Destiny 2 has in store for this group of assholes,misfits, douche bags and one that has pepperoni nipples (had to Rib). 

Stay classy FG. Seee you next week. Let the grind begin. 

Excellent post my friend. It has been fun for sure(rng aside). One of my first memories is you, Tommy and myself trying the first strike waaaay underpowered. Took us hours.

Then we tried summoning pits and noped the fuck out after lots of wipes. Lol

Via the FG App

BEARDED, FOR HER PLEASURE

14 minutes ago, jSyn66 said:

Excellent post my friend. It has been fun for sure(rng aside). One of my first memories is you, Tommy and myself trying the first strike waaaay underpowered. Took us hours.

Then we tried summoning pits and noped the fuck out after lots of wipes. Lol

Via the FG App

Or the first nightfall we ran. My god that was rough. I think it was Summoning Pits too. 

Simply awesome read Chris. Destiny brought me to all you guys too so I couldn't say thanks enough.

I remember the fucking million times we ran Oracles on Hard, sniping up the top to help people get Fatebringer. I never dropped it but I remember you going off your trolley when you did. Good times indeed.

I wasn't around for D1 with you lot but reading that I'm not sure I want to be for D2 :P 

Destiny is game that we haven't had in a while that can unite the console community and even more so now we can rise up and defeat the PC master race (ahem Crispy ahem :P).  The fact that is can do that means it unites people too - a lot of my psn friends list is from D1 and I know come release day almost everyone will be on D2 and I will be able to jump in any party and be good.

1103954298_AmosSignature.png.04556f304072cd09783cc1fdfec8fe9f.png

D2 will be just as fun of a ride bro!  🤘  I'm gonna have to come up with some new voices.  

*The opinions of Riff Machine do not reflect those of Forever Gaming ;)*

I got a Jellyhorn before it was cool.  I was like "huh, wonder what this is". 

D1 for me will be immortalised with the following words:

I. AM. BATMAN.

20 hours ago, crispymorgan said:

I shall also buy a monkeybike......

1 hour ago, crispymorgan said:

D1 for me will be immortalised with the following words:

I. AM. BATMAN.

Hell yeah! That just reiminded me of when Chris put Carter on the PS4 and heard from Batman for the very first time. That kid couldn't believe it! Ace memory.

I want to do a group picture.  I'm thinking of starting a fireteam, and have people join then leave in turn,  keeping screen shots and merge them together.

3 minutes ago, crispymorgan said:

I want to do a group picture.  I'm thinking of starting a fireteam, and have people join then leave in turn,  keeping screen shots and merge them together.

Totally with you. I tried to get a friend of mine to help draw a picture of all us as guardians but he let me down. We could def try do it ourselves.

Love the game, and despite being so critical of it now it lead to my forever home when it comes to games. I remember destroying the Brits in a raid speed run and the tombship jump puzzle hearing @TigerBurge getting so pissed at @BO7H B4RRELS for failing over and over at it. "GOD DAMMIT, TOMMY". Every Tuesday @Capn_Underpants and I logging on to get our three hard mode clears done as fast as possible. 

i7 7700k, 16GB RAM, GEFORCE 1080, 240GB SSHD, 2TB SSD

10 minutes ago, crispymorgan said:

5 minutes ago, GazzaGarratt said:

Totally with you. I tried to get a friend of mine to help draw a picture of all us as guardians but he let me down. We could def try do it ourselves.

I think the hardest part would be getting the screenshots accurate enough to keep it looking like everyone was actually in the same shot.  It should be doable though and (I may regret saying this) shouldn't take too long to line them all up in photoshop.

1103954298_AmosSignature.png.04556f304072cd09783cc1fdfec8fe9f.png

I'm thinking I could go to the tower and take 5 people, line them up on the steps to take the picture, at this point, NOBODY MOVES!  Next get 2-3 to leave form the left hand side, leaving the next set of people to line up against and give me an easy stitch point. This method relies on everyone being available at the same time.

2 minutes ago, crispymorgan said:

I'm thinking I could go to the tower and take 5 people, line them up on the steps to take the picture, at this point, NOBODY MOVES!  Next get 2-3 to leave form the left hand side, leaving the next set of people to line up against and give me an easy stitch point. This method relies on everyone being available at the same time.

You can do it easier in a privite pvp match. At least there you can get 12 on at once 

Great post Chris, for the social aspect destiny is head and shoulders No1 for me so many fun times when things were less than serious.
The dance party one Friday night for example.
Good games all and more to come.
Oh and beating Vog still remains the top gaming experience.

Via the FG App

59 minutes ago, techno said:

Great post Chris, for the social aspect destiny is head and shoulders No1 for me so many fun times when things were less than serious.
The dance party one Friday night for example.
Good games all and more to come.
Oh and beating Vog still remains the top gaming experience.

Via the FG App

Didn't you stay up and complete it with us the first time we beat it.