FG Server Team Ideas

GazzaGarratt

On 09/09/2017 at 6:20 PM, Plumbers Crack said:

Update:

The quarry dig has hit bedrock! That's L5 on the mining world so that's 30 x 20 x 59 = 35,400 blocks mined!!

@GazzaGarratt I know you're heavy into D2 but could you give us an idea of which of Greboth's ideas you like or chip in some of your own so we can see if there's a suitable site

@Greboth Let me know when you find a site and mark out where you want the resource chests as I've found enough "shinies" to make an Alchemical Bag so I gan bring stuff to the Overworld (?). I won't bring cobblestone yet until we work out what we want

If we have anymore crap weather in the Cotswolds, or I wake up too early and can't get back to sleep, I might start digging another hole! :)

Bump because it's almost a fortnight!! :mellow:

fa91d1c7-2525-4709-a13b-ae6fabba557e.jpg

Thanks to Capn_Underpants for the artwork

I was hoping that other people would give their opinion on the type of build and contribute.  I don't think I have too much going on this weekend though so will scope out some potential sites and hopefully actually start building something.

1103954298_AmosSignature.png.04556f304072cd09783cc1fdfec8fe9f.png

Will do mate :)

Feeling too sleepy tonight to go exploring so thought I'd do some designing.  What do you think of this style for the gatehouse? I quite like the idea of having a triple archway with some sort of house/guard post built above it.  This is really a style choice as there is a number of things I don't like about the design but that's what you get for designing as you build.

37252882431_d8ea3d70ff_o.png

I also came up with another idea too but that will remain a secret as if I can pull it off then it will be a surprise for everyone :D

Sorry Dave, been so busy with work and then help the FG clan get going with all the newbies, I just haven't had chance to give it some thought.

The gatehouse looks nice. A country home idea with a grassy area inside would look great. Especially if we have spots where we can call our own.

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

50 minutes ago, Plumbers Crack said:

Gatehouse looks good as long as we can make it work with the house choice...are you going country house?

Oh and surprises...love 'em!

I liked all my ideas and you picked country house so we're going with it :) I'm not sure on how we are going to build the actual house yet but we have a but of time on that yet.

Now I'm not half asleep theres a few things that need changing on the gatehouse but the overall design I quite like.

I never designed a way to get up to the top but I'm thinking if we widen the pillars between the main arch and smaller arches.  It would be wide enough to fit single block wide stairs inside the pillar and I think there would be just enough space to pull it off.

20 minutes ago, GazzaGarratt said:

Sorry Dave, been so busy with work and then help the FG clan get going with all the newbies, I just haven't had chance to give it some thought.

The gatehouse looks nice. A country home idea with a grassy area inside would look great. Especially if we have spots where we can call our own.

No worries dude, as much as you try you can't be doing everything all the time.  You're busy in MC with your son and family time is important.

I've taken out all the dividing walls on the resource world, so if anyone wants to see what a ~100k block hole looks like (all done by pickaxe),  jump on. It's also open for diamond scavengers and I've left some ladders up as well! :)

2 hours ago, Greboth said:

You're busy in MC with your son and family time is important.

^^ This 100%...and have you worked out how to eat yet? ;)

How about here for a locatoin? I was hoping to find somewhere further from spawn but I couldn't find anywhere that I thought was suitable.  It is near a village though so handy for trading with (or even kidnapping to make out own village).  I haven't given any specific co-ordinates as I think this build is going to be huge so anywhere around there should be fine.

37222245686_b166df060a_o.jpg

I've also worked on the gatehouse too making it suitably epic for our build :) You can see in the last screenshot there is now a door too so you can climb the hidden stairs to get on top of the arches.  It is still only an idea now and the materials could can change to suit our build but this works for demonstration purposes.  What do you think of it? Happy to change bits of it if you think some of it doesn't look right etc.

37013324500_9c35dd800a_o.png

36599649413_b5d98b825d_o.png

37411451365_8dfacf8a1c_o.png

Next step, plan a rough idea for the house so we can start mapping it out ready for building.

Nice! As we're going for the country house, how about having a folly in the grounds for the enchanting room?

Follys tend to be towers normally that reflect the eccentricity of the house owner and are not necessarily architecturally in the same style as the main house

That's a good idea mate about the folly, keep that weird magical stuff out of the main house :P

I was thinking the wall from my gatehouse could mark the perimeter so we could make grounds as big as we like so we could have all sorts of extra stuff in the grounds.

But ... but I want a pink wall :angry: :lol: 

I was thinking that design as I like pillars and sideways stairs to give the castlated look.  I was thinking maybe all cobblestone or maybe cobblestone pillars and base with the stairs being wood to tie it in to the house.

I have to say I am struggling to think of a good design for this house.  I have lots of ideas for bits of the house amd some of the grounds but the general shape of the house I don't know about.  It is easy for a normal house as you can build it square or sort of square but if we need a house with 6-8 wings so evevryone has one then it becomes much harder.   The obvious is we want 8 wings we could build it as an octogon but that would mean 4 people have diagonal wings which I'm not sure is ideal.

The only other design that I have come up which I think could be a possibility but I'm not sure I really like it as below.  With a main house with big corridors off of it that lead to quads which could be the 4 wings then with the two offshoots would give us 8 wings.  Happy for anyone that has any better ideas though.

36607332554_05f8cc1870_o.jpg

I'm not very good at posting images etc so try this.......

Imagine the letter 'H'....make the horizontal bar double thickness, that's the main building.

Each of the uprights holds 4 wings...ground floor north and south, first floor north and south. With a communal main building we should only need single floor each?

Another way of visualising it is your country home picture mirrored back-to-back

I did think of that but didn't think it would look very good with the wings sticking out that far from the main house.  Though, as you pointed out, the picture I posted has this and it looks alright so I think that will be the general shape to go with.

If no-one can think of anything better then I'll sketch up a few designs for the house then we can start building :)

If the main building has the kitchen, main dining room, ball room, recital room, library, indoor swimming pool, gym, snug, lounge, etc ;), the personal wings don't need to be too long....bedroom, bathroom, study, dressing room, lounge .......and secret exit to your mine area cuz a man's gotta dig! :lol::lol::lol:

31 minutes ago, Plumbers Crack said:

If the main building has the kitchen, main dining room, ball room, recital room, library, indoor swimming pool, gym, snug, lounge, etc ;), the personal wings don't need to be too long....bedroom, bathroom, study, dressing room, lounge .......and secret exit to your mine area cuz a man's gotta dig! :lol::lol::lol:

Wow you don't ask for much do you :lol: though you forgot communal storage ;) 

I'm like to think I am alright at designing and building stuff but I struggle how to do the insides of builds as in reality you don't need that many rooms in MC.  So I'm happy if I design the outside and you do the inside :)