Flashpoints - Weekly Experiences

GazzaGarratt

Through an interview in Kotaku and MoreConsole info, Bungie revealed some info on a new weekly event called Flashpoints.

Flashpoints are supposed to be a bunch of different exploration experiences put together that you can go searching solo for these items.

At the end of it will be an unknown reward equivalent to the Nightfall drops we see today.

What got me excited about this is the ideas of treasure maps were mentioned. Love the idea of cryptic clues and maps helping you to explore the open world and find stuff.

There was some stuff datamined on Destiny 1 about treasure maps but it was never used. Anyone else got any thoughts about this idea and where it could go?

DFg1FBIUAAAFlt9.jpg

So you can get 'Prestigious' Gear from Flashpoints. Looks like a different kind of colour engram. It is at least Nightfall-esque drops. What was also neat to hear today was Cayde-6 that will sell treasure maps each week. We may have to save up for those as well.

They will have special bosses that only show up at a special destinations.

2 hours ago, Baabcat said:

Looks really good, would be awesome if they had a decent sized pool of random bosses. 

I think they'll have enough. This was the bit I was waiting for. I reason to explore and do random bits and pieces in PvE.

To get them from Cayde-6 too is like the icing on the cake for me.