Days Gone - PS4

Can't seem to find last year's thread with the hype this built. This game really does look like a big winner. Some gameplay from E3 this year is below.

Could be another epic story like The Last of Us.

They've confirmed there will be dynamic weather (probably like HZD) which impacts the 'freakers' in different ways.

If it's snowing there will be more of them whereas if its at night the freakers will become stronger - similar to what we seen in Dying Light.

This is in my top 3 games from E3, if not the best. Already sounds like it has all the ingredients for a solid top AAA game.

1 hour ago, tronic44 said:

The more I see of this game, the more I want it. Looks like they've done a proper good job with it.

It made me text @Diddums to tell him to reinstall Dying Light. We didn't play it enough at the time.

This is looking as good as the The Last of Us, if not better with open world mechanics. The 11 minute video below just shows how much the dynamic weather and scenery changes the way the environment is and what you are up against. Only watched a few mins at work but I'm sold already on this.

Some really good info coming out from Game Informer:

Days Gone character customisation

You can not customise Deacon. In certain situations, he adjusts his cap so it is backwards or forward facing, but you have no control over the character’s look at all. He does have fully modelled nipples, however, suggesting he gets his top off at some point.

Days Gone – can you swim?

The creative director says Deacon can swim, but he chooses not to. This is apparently for story reasons that will be apparent. We know some parts of the world are flooded, so perhaps the infection is spread through the water.

Days Gone game length

Days Gone is around 30 hours long, but you can continue playing after the credits roll.

Days Gone bike customisation

Your motorbike will be your companion in Days Gone. Occasionally it will break down and you will have to fix it up, but you never need to worry about the tyres popping.

Similar to Warner Bros’ Mad Max game, you can upgrade the bike as you play. You can unlock new paint jobs, exhausts, speed boosts, and improved handling. New mufflers will allow you to cruise around the open world more quietly.

Days Gone bike controls

There will be various jumps you can pull off across the world, presumably to pop a Trophy. Unfortunately, wheelies and stoppies are impossible. When you’re sick of driving around, however, fast travel is available.

Days Gone performance

Days Gone will run at 30fps on standard PS4 and PS4 Pro. PS4 Pro enhancements are limited to checkerboard 4K.

Days Gone gameplay

Rather than being a linear story like The Last of Us, you build up encampments and improve your bike as you collect loot and scrap in an open world. The weather changes dynamically, rather than shifting through predetermined seasons like in Naughty Dog’s game. Speaking of Naughty Dog, Days Gone also has dogs in it. Dogs!

1 hour ago, phil bottle said:

This one seems to have fallen off the radar. Releases on Friday, anyone picking it up?

Nah. Early build looked really good and almost like The Last of Us but from what I've seen in recent streams, the game looks quite cumbersome, flawed in a few key areas and generally rough as fuck in places. 

Seems to have gone quiet for a reason not just one here but even from the media. Hopefully it'll be a decent 7/10 but nowhere near the standard expected from a Sony exclusive. 

29 minutes ago, J4MES OX4D said:

Nah. Early build looked really good and almost like The Last of Us but from what I've seen in recent streams, the game looks quite cumbersome, flawed in a few key areas and generally rough as fuck in places. 

Seems to have gone quiet for a reason not just one here but even from the media. Hopefully it'll be a decent 7/10 but nowhere near the standard expected from a Sony exclusive. 

Yeah, there seemed to be a bit of a buzz about it last summer but not seen ay hype around it for a while, was wondering why...I'll do some research.

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

7 hours ago, phil bottle said:

Yeah, there seemed to be a bit of a buzz about it last summer but not seen ay hype around it for a while, was wondering why...I'll do some research.

I think it's purely because its been delayed far later than expected. If it came out earlier than other open world games last year sometime, then I think it would be nearer an 8/10. People these days want games to wow them a ton and do something different. I think it will have some wow elements in the campaign but nothing new to learn from an open world zombie shooter.

I might pick it up on sale but as there is no multiplayer it will have to be getting some seriously good rep from anyone here for me to think about buying it at full price.

On 4/25/2019 at 2:51 PM, J4MES OX4D said:

6.5 on IGN

Laymen Gaming gave it around a 7.5. After watching both I have to say, IGN feel like they're a little harsh on the score. I think it could be a decent one to pick up in a sale.

My mate at work has picked it up so I'll report back with what he finds.

So, this came free with my new PS4.

I've been playing the shit out of it. It looks good, it's enjoyable being on a motorcycle, the melee is decent and the shooting at first is a little challenging.

The comment above from @Sennex is right on the money. Last of Us on a motorcycle and fun.

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

15 hours ago, CookYouVillain said:

I brought this game at full price.... Now wished I had waited.

Don't get me wrong its a good game, though not really worth the £50 I paid. I just find some parts very copy and paste if you know what I mean.

What I read that it was a great solid game but because they took a little too long to release they ended up with a game that wasn't the first of it's kind. Shame as I here it's an amazing story as per Phil's comments above.

Great story yes, it’s just the beginning is just so slow in my opinion, I saw the trailers of the game and was like “I need this game!’ I brought it on my week off from work and played it loads and realised I hardly did anything on the main story line as there is just so much to do in the game. Clear infestations, clear raiders places. Go and odd jobs for people. I need to get back on it and finish it now.