Marvel Heroes Omega

Sarah and I gave this a go over the weekend and it's really fun.  Reminds me of a prettier ultimate alliance.  I know a few there have rocked this one too.  

Thoughts?

*The opinions of Riff Machine do not reflect those of Forever Gaming ;)*

It was fun, sort of a less loot intensive Diablo 3

Ghost rider was goofy, I need to try out Colossus still. 

I would be on board with playing with others, and I know my son wants to play as well. I would only trust you guys with him though.

Luke 23:34
'And Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they don't think it be like it is, but it do."

I'm interested to see if the difficulty increases at all in a party, because the story missions feel a bit facerolly right now. I played two or three hours and got myself over level 20. The cap seems to be 60. Hopefully there's some endgame stuff as well, otherwise it's just a grindfest to level up all the heros and min-max gear.

You can patrol midtown NY to level, get some gear (don't know how good it is at higher levels), and eternity splinters (used to unlock characters without spending real money). There's public events where you fight various villians i.e. Crossbones, Black Cat, Manhunters. They are more difficult and you definitely benefit from several people fighting at once.

The cut scenes are done nicely. They aren't full action; kind of more like close ups of comic panels with a bit of movement to them.

It's still technically in beta, so there's glitches. I've only had one instance where a notification that I can pick something up wouldn't go away, even after a loading screen. The only other issue I find is that the tooltips that pop up to explain a new thing are in boxes that are somewhat see through, so I don't always notice them until right before they start to fade away. I've missed out a few explanations for higher level features because of that. Nothing a Google search won't fix, though.

I'm really interested in this. Downloaded the beta last night so I'd love to try this out in a party at some point this week. Is there many characters to play and do they follow class type builds?

There's a pretty number of characters to play. After the tutorial get receive enough eternity splinters to unlock one character. You can change to any character at S.H.E.I.D. HQ and play as them, but you can't change out characters when you're out and about unless you've unlocked them. There aren't really any support characters in the traditional sense. I've only played as Captain Marvel so far, and she has a self-heal you can use after a short timer. I assume other characters have it as well. There are also items to can equip that will also heal others a bit as well, but I'm unclear if it is only for party member or anyone friendly within range. 

There's a pretty good number of characters to play, some of which surprised us a bit, i.e. Angela (Chad was more surprised/impressed with this than I b/c I had no idea who she was. She was originally in Spawn if you are like me and unfamiliar with her) and Blade. It's a nice mix between characters seen on TV and in movies as well as those most people might not be as familiar with if they don't read comics.

Full list:

• Angela
  • Ant-Man
  • Beast
  • Black Panther
  • Black Widow
  • Blade
  • Captain America
  • Captain Marvel
  • Colossus
  • Cyclops
  • Daredevil
  • Deadpool
  • Dr. Strange
  • Gambit
  • Ghost Rider
  • Hawkeye
  • Hulk
  • Iceman
  • Iron Fist
  • Iron Man
  • Jean Grey
  • Kitty Pryde
  • Luke Cage
  • Magik
  • Moon Knight
  • Nova
  • Psylocke
  • Punisher
  • Rocket Racoon
  • Scarlet Witch
  • She-Hulk
  • Spider-Man
  • Squirrel Girl
  • Starlord
  • Storm
  • Thor
  • War Machine
  • Wolverine

There's also multiple skins you can buy for everyone, though it does seem like they missed out on a couple skins that could have been great i.e. Captain Marvel and Storm. On the flip side, they also included skins for what people are used to seeing in current screen media as well as classic costumes (omg... Blade's original costume. Thank you Wesley Snipes for making it better).

I'm not really one for microtransactions, but if I enjoy playing them enough I can see myself buying skins for Squirrel Girl's current costume, for Old Man Logan, and possibly Angela.

13 hours ago, Rumelylady said:

I'm interested to see if the difficulty increases at all in a party, because the story missions feel a bit facerolly right now. I played two or three hours and got myself over level 20. The cap seems to be 60. Hopefully there's some endgame stuff as well, otherwise it's just a grindfest to level up all the heros and min-max gear.

You can patrol midtown NY to level, get some gear (don't know how good it is at higher levels), and eternity splinters (used to unlock characters without spending real money). There's public events where you fight various villians i.e. Crossbones, Black Cat, Manhunters. They are more difficult and you definitely benefit from several people fighting at once.

The cut scenes are done nicely. They aren't full action; kind of more like close ups of comic panels with a bit of movement to them.

It's still technically in beta, so there's glitches. I've only had one instance where a notification that I can pick something up wouldn't go away, even after a loading screen. The only other issue I find is that the tooltips that pop up to explain a new thing are in boxes that are somewhat see through, so I don't always notice them until right before they start to fade away. I've missed out a few explanations for higher level features because of that. Nothing a Google search won't fix, though.

I can't say on the PS4. I played many years ago on the PC and you got better stuff if you played as a group and it got harder. I was also harder in the "real game". I think BETA is easy so you can progress.  I played as Rocket Racoon and dead Pool a lot. 

11 hours ago, GazzaGarratt said:

I'm really interested in this. Downloaded the beta last night so I'd love to try this out in a party at some point this week. Is there many characters to play and do they follow class type builds?

They kinda follow classes. Tank, Range, melee, magic and skill. 

I played as Thing, Hulk, rocket raccoon, jean grey, dead pool. 

Rocket was the most fun for me but quite OP at the time. His shield gen and groot made it easy to solo just about every boss. 

I played as hulk on the beta and found the UI a bit clunky compared to the PC

This goes live officially on June 30th. No details if anything will significantly change from the Open Beta but it's good to see it will stay a free 2 play game.

Tried a bit last night and can absolutely see why its like Diablo 3 and I kinda liked it. It would be way more fun in a party I think. If anyone wants to try it out in a party this week let me know.