Minecraft User Name Thread

Sennex

I don’t know what the realms are, I keep meaning to look in to them but haven’t yet.  Hopefully others have to answer your question.

As for version, yeah we were playing the Java edition.  As far as I know the only time FG has played Minecraft was modded Java using Forge.  Though I thinkna few people have got it on playstation too but I don’t know how they play it.

1103954298_AmosSignature.png.04556f304072cd09783cc1fdfec8fe9f.png

I've looked some more into these realms and yes, they are just servers hosted by Mojang, so they'd be up 24/7.  There is two versions of these realms, one for Mobile / Consoles and one for Java Edition.  The limitation is that these different Editions can't be played together.

They seem to only supports up to 10 players in a server, which for us wouldn't be an issue?  I don't know how many we have that would play?  Some info from the FAQ;

HOW MUCH DOES A REALMS SUBSCRIPTION COST?

Realms has slightly different pricing plans for different platforms.

The cheapest is $3.99 per month for a server supporting up to 3 simultaneous players (including the owner) on the version that runs on mobile, console and Windows 10. It's $7.99 for a server supporting up to 11 simultaneous players.

The PC / Mac version starts at £5.59 for a server supporting up to 11 players. You'll get the best deal if you’ve set up a recurring subscription, or buy multiple months at once. Windows 10 doesn't allow recurring subscriptions."

CAN I EXPORT MY MINECRAFT MAP FROM REALMS?

You can export your maps from any versions of Realms at any time, even for a limited duration after your subscription has expired.

CAN I UPLOAD MY MINECRAFT MAP ONTO REALMS?

Yes, you can upload your own maps to Realms! We currently support worlds up to 5GB in size. That’s really big, in case you were wondering. In order to use a world template from the Minecraft Marketplace on mobile, Windows 10 or console, you should create a new world using the template, then upload the world to your Realm.

DOES REALMS SUPPORT MODDING?

The Java Edition version has support for a growing number of minigames and custom maps made by the community, while Realms on mobile, console and Windows 10 has support for Add-Ons and marketplace maps, textures and skins. However, full modding support is not yet available. Sorry!

CAN I USE ADMIN COMMANDS?

Yes. Owners of Realms on any platform will have access to most existing commands. On Minecraft for mobile, Windows 10 or console, Realm owners can also promote members to be operators, which allows them to use slash commands in game as well, but does not grant them any other admin rights.

Full info can be found here: https://minecraft.net/en-us/realms/faq/

So the most limiting factor could possibly be Mods?  But would we really need Mods?  You can get a free 30 days trial of Realms and even if only 3 of us was playing, the cost monthly split between 3 would only be £1.80.  The more players, the cheaper it becomes.

I've decided to start my free trial for a Realms server.  So if you're on Java Edition and want to have a test and see how it holds up, let me know your username and I'll invite you.

I'm not sure on what preferences people have for game modes and such, but I suppose these can be changed later.  Set it up as a Survival, Normal, all the settings a default game of MC would load as.

25 minutes ago, Plumbers Crack said:

Thanks for doing that...if you’re limited to 3 spaces give it to Greboth as I’m probably going to be time poor this coming month 

The server I've opened is for Java Edition and it can have up to 10 friends (11 inc the server owner).  So post away and I'll send an invite.

So if by the end of this trial we have more interest than 11 players, we will need to look at other server options.  This first month will sort of be a test to see how it goes.

EDIT: In it's current state, if you're PSN only for MineCraft, we could still make it work if those who planned on playing Java would move to Windows 10 Edition?

On further research, I don't think Sony allow cross play on PSN for MineCraft.  The list of devices seem to be:

CAN I PLAY ON REALMS ACROSS DIFFERENT DEVICES?

Yes! Most versions of Minecraft now allow players to get together, regardless of which device they're on. Anyone playing on Xbox One S, Xbox One X, Android, iPhone, iPad, Apple TV, Windows 10, Windows Phone, Amazon Fire tablets or Gear VR can play together. Players of Minecraft Java Edition can currently only play with each other.

36 minutes ago, Spacedeck said:

That's a good question. In-game, did you click on Realms (the bottom option?).

https://help.mojang.com/customer/en/portal/articles/1668614-joining-a-player-s-realm

Pre-emptive question as I don’t know when I’ll get on....I’ll see if I can get 10 minutes later on

Edit: yep works fine following those instructions, thanks 👍

fa91d1c7-2525-4709-a13b-ae6fabba557e.jpg

Thanks to Capn_Underpants for the artwork

I'm not even sure what I'm doing on MC.  I've built a base that can keep me safe at night while I gather other resources, but I think I might need to venture out and see if I can find a good place to settle.  Or just flatten the land I currently sit on.

9 minutes ago, Plumbers Crack said:

Pro tip...build a bed 😎

Would that work in an online server?  I would guess the day / night cycle is the same for everyone?  However I do have the ability to do "/time set day" whenever it gets dark 😂

11 minutes ago, Plumbers Crack said:

Just been on and found it a little strange...creepers don't explode...one hit seems to break any block..I can't pick things up.....I don't have a health bar...is it in creative mode?

Just had a look and it seems it was.  My bad, try it now and see if it has changed?  Not logging in as on WoW but will be on later.

3 hours ago, Spacedeck said:

Who started building on top of the mountain?  Just noticed it now 😎.  I'd never thought of building in such locations.

@Greboth so you in?

Yeah can do :) I’ll probably won’t be on all that much but I can hop on and check it out.

1103954298_AmosSignature.png.04556f304072cd09783cc1fdfec8fe9f.png

27 minutes ago, Greboth said:

Yeah can do :) I’ll probably won’t be on all that much but I can hop on and check it out.

Well to be honest, I'm not expecting a huge amount of activity on the server, might just be a nice thing to have in case people do fancy jumping on.

I can also change the server to mini games as and when everyone feels like a change from the world we'll create.

What's your username?