Weekly Overwatch FG Videos

GazzaGarratt

I was talking to Rich the other night and I think we could defintely start to do this more often.

Clearly @tronic44 and @Greboth are the video montage people here that can knock up a montage reasonably quickly so I'm suggesting we have a regular easy routine of:

• Playing Overwatch
  • Recording gameplay
  • Grabbing the videos stored to put in a central location
  • Rich/Greboth to work their magic

The easy bit is just deciding what days all videos need to be with the pair. The medium bit is where to store it. The hardest part is getting the videos off the playstation IF they need to be done in a set way. I'm happy to try out the USB way of doing it but it'll be unfair on the ones that don't have a PC so maybe we trial one with just youtube videos uploads to see what the comparison is? Uploading to youtube straight from PSN is the easiest way of uploading stuff quickly.

Thoughts everybody?

SUBMIT CLIPS 

https://www.dropbox.com/request/YHNlMHUiJNOgvLbN8QkR

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

Sounds like a good idea, I haven't been recording or editing for the past couple of weeks or so as I am having trouble with my PC.  So it will be Tronic for now until I get to the bottom of my issue.

As for how to get the clips, youtube is probably going to be the easiest.  Upload directly to youtube and there are a number of websites that allow you to download videos from youtube.

1103954298_AmosSignature.png.04556f304072cd09783cc1fdfec8fe9f.png

@tronic44 What day do you want all weekly clips to you mate? Shall we say before each Tuesday?

Initially, we've said the best way is to upload the videos directly to youtube and let Rich know they are there, either through a thread each week or PM (Rich, let us know a preference). @Greboth, let us know when you are up and ready to support again as it would be good to have the two of you available for this. If this works (which it will) I want to do the same for Destiny 2.

Yeah if we say all clips in by Tuesday, then I'll plan to have it done by Friday at the latest. Just post your links in one single post and try and not post multiple links in multiple posts other wise it's going to become a nightmare. 

Also make sure your voice and party chat is enabled for recording, I can make them with music but us chatting and celebrating is why more satisfying....well it is for me anyway, let me know if people want to see different styles.

8 minutes ago, Greboth said:

I'm back up and running I think....

I haven't really changed anything and I found no problem but the PC has worked fine for the past couple of weeks *touch wood*

Good shiz man, fingers crossed!

Give me a shout if you have anymore issues and we can try and figure out what's wrong.

Are you happy with the days and timings and how we're getting the clips?

I will PM you some links to vids this week @tronic44

I have some from last week but missed getting them to you. Do you want them as well for a vid this Friday or shall we just bottle them up for Tues 20th deadline?

16 hours ago, GazzaGarratt said:

I will PM you some links to vids this week @tronic44

I have some from last week but missed getting them to you. Do you want them as well for a vid this Friday or shall we just bottle them up for Tues 20th deadline?

I say everyone just sends footage or links to footage when ever they can, at least until we get into a better routine of playing and recording, it might take a while to get clips in. 

8 minutes ago, tronic44 said:

I say everyone just sends footage or links to footage when ever they can, at least until we get into a better routine of playing and recording, it might take a while to get clips in. 

Works for me. The ultimate aim is one a week as that would be ace to watch but we need people to send them in! I'll pm you some raw clips now Rich.

4 hours ago, tronic44 said:

Shall I add people's emails to a shared folder or give out the details to the Dropbox account? Both will be done via PM

Do whatever is easier mate. Probably just dropbox account. I don't want the vids, just somewhere to give you my links from youtube.

I want to make sure this is inclusive of everyone of FG. If you have videos make it known people and Rich can give you the link!

On 6/25/2017 at 8:41 AM, GazzaGarratt said:

I'll drop some youtube videos your way later Rich. @tronic44, have you got enough for vids for now or do you need some more from others?

I could really do with some more from others, otherwise it'll just be you and crispy :lol:

Also if you could keep the videos down to about 30mins to reduce the download time, multiple videos are cool its just when i downloaded your hour long one it took me about 10 attempts as it kept failing.

2 hours ago, tronic44 said:

I could really do with some more from others, otherwise it'll just be you and crispy :lol:

Also if you could keep the videos down to about 30mins to reduce the download time, multiple videos are cool its just when i downloaded your hour long one it took me about 10 attempts as it kept failing.

Cool, now I know I'll keep them less than 30 mins for you ;)

Right, @Diddums @Stretch616 @crispymorgan @Greboth @Findmartin @NastayDaddy @Amnotright @TehMoe

If you wanna see some montage vids can we send a few links to Rich ASAP please?

6 minutes ago, GazzaGarratt said:

Cool, now I know I'll keep them less than 30 mins for you ;)

Right, @Diddums @Stretch616 @crispymorgan @Greboth @Findmartin @NastayDaddy @Amnotright @TehMoe

If you wanna see some montage vids can we send a few links to Rich ASAP please?

I also need clips :lol:

4 hours ago, tronic44 said:

I also need clips :lol:

Yes you do. But that was obvious. I was hoping not to spell out the obvious.

But you obviously did that to yourself. :D