Getting Clan ready for Destiny 2

GazzaGarratt

Now starts the master planning.

I want all thoughts and opinions to put under here. What we should, how we should get out there, etc. I'm happy to work on a plan with others so we shape up and get ready to hit the ground running with Destiny 2 and make ourselves open to be the clan we've always wanted to be.

We do need to think about the post structure, just in case we get newbies here and they need support. We also need to think about what regular meet times and whether we have weekly or monthly focus points on subjects. We can utilise the calendar a huge amount more. I'm looking into calendar events that auto creates a thread in case people don't immediately see the event pop up. Let's know your expectations, if you have any, about gettng new people to come and say hi and join our clan?

I think most on FG want to give this a bloody good shot so here's our chance to start hitting the ground running.

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

So what regularity do would everyone like to do things? Weekly, monthly, daily, raids, quests, strikes, exploration?

Do we want to dedicate some time to streaming for FG so we can explore and find stuff ourselves?

What do you guys want to be available for the community of Destiny? Do you want a section for PvE players and a section for PvP, Trials, competitive side of things?

I want to start sorting this out in advance so it would be good to get your thoughts.

Lee I would suggest we have a thread around each of the classes, so people can post info and get info on the various abilities and how they hang together ( if we get that much customisation, not sure there is). 

Also will add a thread on gun perks , and, what works well on what , as it's quite easy to not realise when you have got a decent roll

Same on armour ( lot easier as fewer perks)

With regard to raiding, I think it might be an idea to begin with to have an 'A' team who can get the whole thing done and understand the mechanics of it. Then get say two to drop out and bring in two, shall we say, not so hot raiders....rinse and repeat? Could be a way of running raids that is less...stressful? I would definitely find it helpful

fa91d1c7-2525-4709-a13b-ae6fabba557e.jpg

Thanks to Capn_Underpants for the artwork

2 hours ago, Plumbers Crack said:

With regard to raiding, I think it might be an idea to begin with to have an 'A' team who can get the whole thing done and understand the mechanics of it. Then get say two to drop out and bring in two, shall we say, not so hot raiders....rinse and repeat? Could be a way of running raids that is less...stressful? I would definitely find it helpful

This sounds like a great idea Dave. I'm mindful we have to make sure it doesn't across as there is 2 tiers of players because at the end of the day we should be available to play with any combination.

However, the key to us successfully getting as many through the raids and hard events as possible is exactly what you said. I would love it even if we could get the current clan numbers through as much content as we can.

Hopefully we have enough candidates here to do that and create the core runners.

Remember, they'll be one raid from launch so it'll be based around other content to start with.

I'm assuming Lee will be creating the clan when D2 comes out and sending out invites. We should come up with what needs to be in the motto or whatever it's called. The little info on 'what our clan is about' that we saw in the reveal.

Via the FG App

We could have designated FG Sherpas. People who can a) do the raids/strikes/whatever and b ) can explain over the chat what needs to be done, which could also remove much of the confusion of a million different explanations mid activity by everyone.

20 hours ago, crispymorgan said:

I shall also buy a monkeybike......

On 5/28/2017 at 4:03 AM, GazzaGarratt said:

So what regularity do would everyone like to do things? Weekly, monthly, daily, raids, quests, strikes, exploration?

Do we want to dedicate some time to streaming for FG so we can explore and find stuff ourselves?

What do you guys want to be available for the community of Destiny? Do you want a section for PvE players and a section for PvP, Trials, competitive side of things?

I want to start sorting this out in advance so it would be good to get your thoughts.

Good question.

I think you want to make sure that we are able to do anything that is not automatically supported by match making. Raids for example currently are not. 

The other stuff isn't as critical to me since you can jump in with randoms and get decent players.

Player vs Player also can be a lot of fun with a group. 

My biggest issue has always been being on at the right time.  As I mentioned, I've never done a raid because I never able to get 6 people together. Me being on the west coast is probably going to make that even more difficult now. That 8 hour difference with the UK is killer, 3 hours with the east coast. 

a match made raid is my idea of hell.  They don't do it for good reason.  The point about timezones is a good one though. We can certainly look to have groups in different zones, and have the forum to bring us all together.

20 hours ago, crispymorgan said:

I shall also buy a monkeybike......

7 hours ago, Capn_Underpants said:

I'm assuming Lee will be creating the clan when D2 comes out and sending out invites. We should come up with what needs to be in the motto or whatever it's called. The little info on 'what our clan is about' that we saw in the reveal.

Via the FG App

Absolutely Sam, great shout. We need some mottos and key slogans, maybe start a new thread for it and see what people think.

So we got some info from the weekly update from Bungie. From July 25th the clan leader can decide to keep their ownership and also turn it into a Destiny 2 clan. Just so you all know, this is an absolute given.

The clan cap in Destiny 2 will remain at 100 players per clan. You can also assign one clan per platform. Therefore I believe we will need to create a Forever Gaming clan for PC asap. 100 players is a lot to have on a roster and I'll be the first to say that would be amazing - we can do that btw.

We do need to start picking these elements back up again as the beta is just around the corner. I'll be having a look at the Bungie website in a little more detail as we probably need to have some regular presence on there too.

Right, the main Forever Gaming Clan will be migrated shortly tonight to Destiny 2. I'll keep you updated when I've done it and next steps if any.

8 minutes ago, tronic44 said:

Do I need an invite to clan, I seem to remember not being in it?

No go to bungie.net and find us. I'll see if I can link it on mobile 

https://www.bungie.net/en/Clan/Detail/188204

1 minute ago, tronic44 said:

Thanks Chris, I'm getting some error at the moment but think that's just the site.

Your dodgy internet. You just have to click on the 'Interact' thats at the right on the clan banner at the top, then request to join.

I thought of changing it to Forever Overwatch.  😘

*The opinions of Riff Machine do not reflect those of Forever Gaming ;)*