Playstation Plus Free games

Has anyone picked up the free games this month yet? If you haven't you need to at least put them in your library. Just Cause 3 which is GTA-style open world madness alongside Assassin's Creed standalone game that came after Black Flag. I haven't played that but I loved Black Flag so I've downloaded that one already.

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

January 2018 games have been leaked and at least we are starting to see a few better titles coming up on PlayStation.

Here is the full PS Plus January 2018 line-up:

• Deus Ex: Mankind Divided (PS4)

• Batman: The Telltale Series (PS4)

• StarBlood Arena (PS Plus bonus – PS VR required)

• That’s You! (PS Plus bonus – PlayLink)

• Sacred 3 (PS3)

• Book of Unwritten Tales 2 (PS3)

• Psycho-Pass: Mandatory Happiness (PS Vita)

• Uncanny Valley (PS Vita & PS4)

Not tried Deus Ex for a long time but worth a go if its free.

3 hours ago, MrBiron said:

BloodBorne and Ratchet and Clank on PS+ next month B)

Bloodborne?!?!? If anyone of you guys haven't played this absolutely make sure you get it into your library. One brilliant game just for the PS4.

Also never played Rachet and Clank so will be interesting to try it out.

Note - PS3 and PSVita free games will now stop going forward. This is largely why I think we've got 2 really good games available this month round.

2 hours ago, GazzaGarratt said:

Note - PS3 and PSVita free games will now stop going forward. This is largely why I think we've got 2 really good games available this month round.

Nope...PS3 and PSVita free games stop in March 2019 according to the email I got. They’re effectively giving you a years notice,which makes sense as if you don’t like it, don’t renew

fa91d1c7-2525-4709-a13b-ae6fabba557e.jpg

Thanks to Capn_Underpants for the artwork

1 hour ago, Plumbers Crack said:

Nope...PS3 and PSVita free games stop in March 2019 according to the email I got. They’re effectively giving you a years notice,which makes sense as if you don’t like it, don’t renew

You need to renew if at that pint you still have games that you are playing. Its the one thing I dont' really like about the service. Lose your Sub, lose all those free games

Luke 23:34
'And Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they don't think it be like it is, but it do."

3 hours ago, Plumbers Crack said:

My apologies Dave. Looked at the email too quickly, thanks for clarifying :1311_thumbsup_tone2:

2 hours ago, Sennex said:

You need to renew if at that pint you still have games that you are playing. Its the one thing I dont' really like about the service. Lose your Sub, lose all those free games

Does Xbox work the same way with their free games?

I agree it's trash - what I've never liked about this though is you never actually own a game, it's like loaning it. Just like renting a house. Dead money and pointless in my view.

3 hours ago, Sennex said:

Whilst I totally agree with you, it’s a bit like Spotify in that respect and that company has made a truck load of money from it

9 hours ago, Plumbers Crack said:

Whilst I totally agree with you, it’s a bit like Spotify in that respect and that company has made a truck load of money from it

I'm not saying it's a bad business model, it's been a revolutionary idea of a regular income stream. However, it just shows how much we care about buying/owning stuff these days. People care less about things we 'own'. Not a bad thing for most I suppose, just doesn't feel quite right in my view, that's all.

It has taken me quite a while to come to terms with Spotify and the “not owning it” idea but I use it literally every day now and haven’t brought a CD in over a year. My son upgraded his ‘Premium Personal ‘ package to ‘Premium Family’ for an extra fiver a month and now me and Mrs P are Spoty all over! :lol::lol:

There's a rumour going around that The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt expansion could be the free game in April, just in case people were thinking of getting it.

7 hours ago, BO7H B4RRELS said:

XCOM 2 has always intrigued me. I've never been a big fan of Trials though.

Via the FG App

Me too. Sounds worth a quick trial of it at the least. Trials is just a good pick up and play game. Cheers for sharing @phil bottle

On 5/31/2018 at 7:38 AM, GazzaGarratt said:

Trials is just a good pick up and play game. Cheers for sharing @phil bottle

I've loved playing Trials, it can be really difficult but getting it right feels really rewarding.  I bought the game when it first came out and remember working on one of the levels with the quad bike, think I worked my way to a top 100, could even have been higher but not sure.

Another good thing about Trials is it gives you a reason for more friendly tournaments on this forum.  Set a stage, set a bike and see who can get the fastest time 🙂.  Providing most of you picked this up that is.

New games should be announced tomorrow.

27 minutes ago, Spacedeck said:

I've loved playing Trials, it can be really difficult but getting it right feels really rewarding.  I bought the game when it first came out and remember working on one of the levels with the quad bike, think I worked my way to a top 100, could even have been higher but not sure.

Another good thing about Trials is it gives you a reason for more friendly tournaments on this forum.  Set a stage, set a bike and see who can get the fastest time 🙂.  Providing most of you picked this up that is.

New games should be announced tomorrow.

What I've noticed on this, which is great btw, is when you're PSN friends show as Ghosts. Bit like a driving game e.g. Gran Turismo Sport.

You need to add some of us so you can try and beat some of the guys!