Wallrunning

Stretch616

So now people have had chance to get used to the mechanics of the wallrunning, I thought it'd be cool to share some of our preferred wallrunning spots that aren't as easily noticed. This may give to you the edge in some of the situations you find yourself in or it just may feel cool to do!![emoji41] [emoji41]

So to kick it off, here's a run kinda outside the map on Infected which can be used to flank people on the cliffside:

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wallrunning is advertising yourself to be killed on most maps :lol: The amount of people that run into certain death at the start on Combine is cringeworthy still! I only use wallrunning if I'm feeling lazy getting from A to B but only when I'm 100% sure it's safe to do so. I don't really mind this aspect as it's not such a prominent feature of the game like the exo shits on Advanced Warfare but everything is so much more satisfying on the ground in this game. Actually on some maps; the few wallrunning avenues around are actually outside of the map and just take you away from the action anyway.

Good vid though :)

The CoD that I fell in love with was more military based as opposed to sci fi.  I always liked CoD better than Halo because I didn't like all jumping around and shit.  I preferred running, flanking, taking cover.  Now that CoD has people teleporting, titan slamming, using clones as decoys, and people defying gravity running on walls... it's just not the series I fell in love with back in the day.  It doesn't feel like the same game anymore.  That's probably fine for generations just coming to CoD, but from a veteran of the franchise... not my thing.

5abdbe250c715_RespectAll-FearNone.png.9bc1a4f0d1cdab1c7e67e48baf8275b4.png.63941b93d8c1d7bc3f9ca9f365076c45.png

Wallrunning is advertising yourself to be killed on most maps :lol: The amount of people that run into certain death at the start on Combine is cringeworthy still! I only use wallrunning if I'm feeling lazy getting from A to B but only when I'm 100% sure it's safe to do so. I don't really mind this aspect as it's not such a prominent feature of the game like the exo shits on Advanced Warfare but everything is so much more satisfying on the ground in this game. Actually on some maps; the few wallrunning avenues around are actually outside of the map and just take you away from the action anyway.

Good vid though :)

I get wrecked all the time by wall runners. I suck, that being said I've only found it to be useful on two maps, Nuketown because it's hectic and what I think is the best example Metro because a lot of people still don't know you can jump off your spawn behind the walls and swim or jump your way into theirs. EG:

12313799_10153717935503890_8474181094937

jpw_tyrannosaurus-rex_zpscpttjstm.jpg

The CoD that I fell in love with was more military based as opposed to sci fi. I always liked CoD better than Halo because I didn't like all jumping around and shit. I preferred running, flanking, taking cover. Now that CoD has people teleporting, titan slamming, using clones as decoys, and people defying gravity running on walls... it's just not the series I fell in love with back in the day. It doesn't feel like the same game anymore. That's probably fine for generations just coming to CoD, but from a veteran of the franchise... not my thing.

This. I'm holding out for a next gen remake of CoD4. Primary, secondary, 3 perks and kilkstreaks on 3, 5, and 7, just as the gods intended it.

If you decide to put your dick in crazy, be ready to change your phone number and relocate.

This. I'm holding out for a next gen remake of CoD4. Primary, secondary, 3 perks and kilkstreaks on 3, 5, and 7, just as the gods intended it.

I didn't play cod4 but I'd buy that! Could even drop killstreaks all together.

And ban the game in France and Turkey.

Am I the only one that remembers CoD 4 not being balanced at all. Everyone used the same guns and perks. Omg fucking juggernaut can kiss my ass. You had to run stopping power and the damn grenade spam was horrible. It had great maps but so did other CoD games. My favorite was still World at War

I get wrecked all the time by wall runners. I suck, that being said I've only found it to be useful on two maps, Nuketown because it's hectic and what I think is the best example Metro because a lot of people still don't know you can jump off your spawn behind the walls and swim or jump your way into theirs. EG:

12313799_10153717935503890_8474181094937

Yep! Everyone is so predictable on Metro too that if you can flank them via the walls and get behind them from the start; you're off to a flyer guaranteed! 

Am I the only one that remembers CoD 4 not being balanced at all. Everyone used the same guns and perks. Omg fucking juggernaut can kiss my ass. You had to run stopping power and the damn grenade spam was horrible. It had great maps but so did other CoD games. My favorite was still World at War

Nope,watched a recent video from Jd on crash the grenade spam was appalling.

Never played waw but I'm all for most aspects of progress as long as it works I could care less about era etc.

I remember seeing/using a variety of guns. They were all good. The grenade spam was a bit crazy, lol.

5abdbe250c715_RespectAll-FearNone.png.9bc1a4f0d1cdab1c7e67e48baf8275b4.png.63941b93d8c1d7bc3f9ca9f365076c45.png

Thread totally derailed now so fuck it!!

I agree with you Chris. COD4 wasn't a perfect game by any stretch of the imagination. M16 used by pretty much everyone. 3 frags in the hold plus martyrdom perk. PS3 didn't even get online play for about the first few months of release as the servers were fucked. And my personal favourite, "Host ended Game"!!!

There's been bullshit in every iteration of the series back to the original (PPSH rushing!!). I personally think it's us as gamers that the issue lies with. CoD has evolved whereas we keep thinking about the "Good old days"! Each to their own and I too look back at the old school days with fond memories but I also am glad that the game has developed with the times.

Anyone find any other good wallruns? [emoji13]

The best one I know of now is on combine on the rocky side.  When running past the gap half way down wall run high to avoid getting shot from the centre of the map.

20 hours ago, crispymorgan said:

I shall also buy a monkeybike......