Unfortunately bethany does that whenever we order pizza, "rob's from new york so he may hate it" bethany...one of my favorite pizza is papa johns... yes pizza is sacred and comfort food to me because of where I grew up, but I LOVE PIZZA I will eat any kind. I do admit I will say I know more than people from outside the northeast but, hey,fuck it.

i7 7700k, 16GB RAM, GEFORCE 1080, 240GB SSHD, 2TB SSD

Holy shit Doc. I wish I had a dollar for every time one of these juveniles said to me, "I'm from Detroit" "I'm from Chicago" blah blah blah... I'm from I don't give a fuck, shut up and sit down.

Well I Am from Detroit, and let me tell ya......You Think you know how to do a  Drive by ?? You kid's don't know nothin' about doing no Drive by! :D

Yo, I'm from fuckin' Jersey so I'm fuckin' tough you fuckin' know what I'm fuckin' sayin'?  Now I'm gonna wear a tank top and a crooked ball cap while I slam some doors cuz I'm fuckin' tough.

LOLZ

My sisters first husband was from Jersey, he had this attitude. However the funniest thing I ever saw was this idiot lip off to a dude that was a certifiable brawler. So my brother in law is lipping off to this guy because the brawler insulted my sister (Sister deserved it because she was drunk and dumb as fuck). So anyway, this brawler is sitting there letting my 6'6", 140 lbs brother in law talk shit to him, and he was grinning the whole time. Finally my Brother in law starts getting really personal in his attacks, because Brawler dude didn't really stop him, so he figures he can intimadate him (Like a zipper ever intimadated anyone). Brawler dude set down his beer, stood up, and everything went quiet.

Brawler dude says something about stepping outside.

I shit you not here folks, my Brother in Law, reaches over, grabs the keys for his Z28 and announces in this crazy loud voice, "Where I come from, we don't fight, we Race!" and then heads for the door.

Damn near an entire fire division from the USS Eisenhower just busted out laughing at my Brother in Law, and sister.

We left soon after, which sucked because I was 16, and it was an awesome party for a 16 year old to attend

Luke 23:34
'And Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they don't think it be like it is, but it do."

I think all pizza is great. Deep dish, thin crust, stuffed crust, supreme, all different types of sauces, all gravy. I like the fancy stuff and I like the cheap stuff, just depends on the situation.

And Rob is it possible to know more about pizza than someone else? I'd argue that New Yorkers actually know less than everyone else because their version of pizza is the "only" version. No exploration of all the wonderful other types of pizza out there. I was born with a slice of pizza in hand just like every other kid out there so I'm pretty sure every American is an expert at pizza. Unless they're weird.

To docs note - thug nation douchebags seem to need to "represent" and have pride in where they're from to replace that gaping hole in their lives that most of us know as "family"

To docs note - thug nation douchebags seem to need to "represent" and have pride in where they're from to replace that gaping hole in their lives that most of us know as "family"

cy8iyfdv12.jpg

'And Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they don't think it be like it is, but it do."

Unfortunately bethany does that whenever we order pizza, "rob's from new york so he may hate it" bethany...one of my favorite pizza is papa johns... yes pizza is sacred and comfort food to me because of where I grew up, but I LOVE PIZZA I will eat any kind. I do admit I will say I know more than people from outside the northeast but, hey,fuck it.

Papa John's gives me the shits. Like install safety straps so you don't lift off kind of shits. Other than that, it's not bad.

Italian pizza is it's own thing. The pizza in Naples...so good. But you can't compare it to Chicago style or whatever, they are each their own thing. Like Papa John's is a colon cleanser.

Papa John's gives me the shits. Like install safety straps so you don't lift off kind of shits. Other than that, it's not bad.

Italian pizza is it's own thing. The pizza in Naples...so good. But you can't compare it to Chicago style or whatever, they are each their own thing. Like Papa John's is a colon cleanser.

just go easy on the garlic butter.  not that i would follow my own advice, you know, just saying. 

sometimes i think they invented crusts for garlic butter, not the other way around.

The Stuffed crust pizza from Pizza hut is so horrible, but the cheesy crust is so amazing that I have to eat it.

If the Papa johns near you will let you buy the garlic butter cups on their own, then you should get this pizza and some cups, and die fat and happy (Or never leave the bathroom if you are Doc)

I love the cheese pizza that Little Caesar's has every once in a while. It has two different types of cheese in place of the normal tomato/pizza sauce. Hard to explain if you have never had it, but damn is it good. They only do it about once a year for a month though.

Could we please fucking standardize spelling of translated names?  Look, I completely get that Ancient Fuckistan and it's ruler Cletus the Flatulent used a different alphabet and pronunciations won't be exact.  Howsabout the academic community just pick one and stick with it when translating them into English.  Phuckstan, Foochestan, Phuceestan...there's all the same fucking place.  Pick one.

I've been reading up on the Mongols and holy shit, it's impossible to remember who's who and where's where because different books call the same city different things.  Russians, you're no damn better.  Arabs?  Forget about it.  I'm reading a translation of an Arabic history of the Mongol invasion of present day Persian Gulf area and dafuq am I reading??  I particularly like things like The Western Province of Huffledump (also known as Bob's Place by some scholars...)  WTF?  I get how we ended up with fifteen phonetic-ish spellings, but when they aren't even remotely close...HTF did that happen?  And since they've all been dead for roughly 800 years, just pick one and go with it, they don't care any longer.

Ugh. I was recently trying to read Tom Clancy's Red Rabbit (#3 chronologically in the Jack Ryan series, but written in 2002) but had to stop for this reason. Too many damn Russian (and American) last names that all blurred into one. Normally I keep a list notes when I'm reading a book with a billion characters (i.e. anything by Mario Puzo) but that didn't even help.

*book flip* I'm out.

LOOK A DISTRACTION!

↓

↓

↓

↓

↓

Like reading Russian literature, three surnames and i'm lost. Damn you Tolstoy[emoji1]

Yeah, the reason for "Russians, you're no damn better".  It's been awhile since I read Tolstoy and Dostoevsky, but holy shit that was tough to remember who's who.  The character's name changed based on who was talking to them, with various forms of formal and informal address.

I get it, we do the same thing with traditional English names.  William Brown can be Mr. Brown, WIlliam, Bill, Willy, etc. etc.  but if you haven't grown up with it, it's tough to keep track of.  If we're translating for foreign readers, let's tidy it up a bit.

I tried to read war and peace once. I read the first page about 5 times just to try and get all the names straight , couldn't and gave up. Never got past page 1

I read it, mostly to say I did.  I remember nothing about it.

Dostoevsky, he's more interesting.  I ended up reading several of his books.  I recall enjoying "The Idiot" quite a bit, but don't recall much about it any longer.  I think it was '03 or '04 when I read it..

Kipjack territories, also known as Cuman... Seriously?

I thought Cuman was a spice