Christmas is ruined!

J4MES OX4D

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

PSN has been under attack since yesterday afternoon

Probably related to the movie "The Interview"

No one has claimed credit for it, but you know they would have if it had been Anon or any of the hacker groups

EDIT:

Well I was wrong a group is now claiming credit

http://bgr.com/2014/12/25/psn-and-xbox-live-christmas-hacks/

Luke 23:34
'And Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they don't think it be like it is, but it do."

I was peeved yesterday, but today I just been playing single player games with my son.

No biggie, more family time I guess

Luke 23:34
'And Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they don't think it be like it is, but it do."

PSN has been under attack since yesterday afternoon

Probably related to the movie "The Interview"

No one has claimed credit for it, but you know they would have if it had been Anon or any of the hacker groups

EDIT:

Well I was wrong a group is now claiming credit

http://bgr.com/2014/12/25/psn-and-xbox-live-christmas-hacks/

Lizard Squad has been DDOS'ing PSN and Live for the last 6 months. They've always given a heads-up beforehand on their future attacks and have pretty much always been successful. The only one time they didn't carry out their claims was Advanced Warfare Day Zero probably because they were too busy playing the game! Twats. 

This must be a humiliating situation for Microsoft and their brand of so-called 'elite' servers. DDOS is extremely hard if not impossible to prevent but it's how companies prepare and manage such situations that matter. I'm willing to bet that most worldwide banks at some point get attacked this way and it wouldn't surprise me if some are being DDOSed 365 days a year but it's how they branch out information flow and connection data that prevents such overloads. The Xbox Live network is probably at minimum data capacity seeing that they've barely sold 10m units of the One and the 360 community has waned of late so them getting hampered this way with such a low personnel-flow just shows that their Azure breed of servers are pretty worthless at current capacity or standard. If they can't cope with the current traffic influx of human and manipulated data; it's not really going to bode well for the future.