New headset

phil bottle

So, my turtle beach X12s are finally reaching the end of the road.

I'm jealous of anyone with Astro A40s or A50s, can't really afford to spend over 200 smackers on a headset,  so I've gone with Steel Series Siberia V2

For 50 knicker I'm sure I can't go wrong...I'll test them later and let you know!

http://steelseries.com/products/audio/steelseries-siberia-v3

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I need a new headset - my PX21's are being kept together by sellotape and an elastic band which doesn't reflect the rest of my high-end gaming setup :lol: I need a new pair soon because having to type into the text box whilst playing DayZ asking someone if they'd be so kind as to put their hands up and turn around slowly is getting a bit embarrassing for me now espscially when they kill me whilst I'm tidying up my punctuation :rolleyes:

I need a new headset - my PX21's are being kept together by sellotape and an elastic band which doesn't reflect the rest of my high-end gaming setup :lol: I need a new pair soon because having to type into the text box whilst playing DayZ asking someone if they'd be so kind as to put their hands up and turn around slowly is getting a bit embarrassing for me now espscially when they kill me whilst I'm tidying up my punctuation :rolleyes:

You need your own blog.  I love reading everything you write.  

5abdbe250c715_RespectAll-FearNone.png.9bc1a4f0d1cdab1c7e67e48baf8275b4.png.63941b93d8c1d7bc3f9ca9f365076c45.png

Let me know how they go Phil. I need to buy my father in law a new headset for xmas for around the £60 mark. I had earmarked the PX22's as he's pretty insistant that he wants the mixer to be able to affect both bass and treble. But if your one's are ok i'll take a look at them

Let me know how they go Phil. I need to buy my father in law a new headset for xmas for around the £60 mark. I had earmarked the PX22's as he's pretty insistant that he wants the mixer to be able to affect both bass and treble. But if your one's are ok i'll take a look at them

The mixer is fairly basic, it has a livemix button with four options but they seem to be more an option for PS3 than for PC. I'll do some more testing on that this weekend.

The sound is good and clear playing games but if it's to be used primarily for listening to music I'd go for a different headset.

The other options are the usual volume and chat controls, plus mute. My X12s had a bass control which I miss a little.

The voice quality is excellent I have to say. I recorded myself a few times playing games and the playback was a great, particularly as I can be a bit of a mumbler sometimes.

I the option to slide the mic back inside the headphones is a nice touch too.

For the money I'd say it's a pretty decent headset.

jeffersonclasswar.jpg