Book recommendations.

Palle

Radical: My Journey out of Islamist Extremism.

Sound very interesting. Probably wouldn't read it based on the description on Goodreads, but you've peaked my interest.

I just finished The Dark Tower Part III: The Waste Lands yesterday. I actually enjoyed this one. The first two books, especially the first, I was left with a feeling kind of like "what the hell did I just read? I don't know what's going on." Not really one for King, but this one has cinched that I will finished the series.

Now back to the Thursday Next series.

Much recommending The Cemetery of the Forgotten Books and The Book Thief for those who love books and words

I've read shadow of the wind which was very enjoyable. I've edited this post as my previous reply referred to another book by a different author, but fortunately I've read both.

I did not know there was a sequel to Shadow...I spent a long time on the Spanish revolution and civil war during my degree and as such I really enjoyed the first book. The history, the war and the aftermath of Franco taking over is both fascinating but also tragic.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

19 hours ago, phil bottle said:

I've read shadow of the wind which was very enjoyable. I've edited this post as my previous reply referred to another book by a different author, but fortunately I've read both.

I did not know there was a sequel to Shadow...I spent a long time on the Spanish revolution and civil war during my degree and as such I really enjoyed the first book. The history, the war and the aftermath of Franco taking over is both fascinating but also tragic.

Oh then you will love the third book The Prisoner of Heaven since we get to see more of the Spanish war time! The second book at first have mislead me in thinking what things are about, but after reading the final book of the series, all was explained and it left me speechless. That was one remarkable journey, i'll tell you that

Oh then you will love the third book The Prisoner of Heaven since we get to see more of the Spanish war time! The second book at first have mislead me in thinking what things are about, but after reading the final book of the series, all was explained and it left me speechless. That was one remarkable journey, i'll tell you that

Well now I'm aware of this I suspect these will be the next books I read, cheers!

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

I've just bought the entire works of HP Lovecraft to help with my story writing for my Table Top RPG games, got it on audible because books are for peasants.....51 hours.....yikes!
Some of his writing can be hard work but his imagination is pure genius and the worlds he creates are a thing of awe, not to mention unimaginable cosmic horror [emoji451]

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

30 minutes ago, phil bottle said:

Some of his writing can be hard work but his imagination is pure genius and the worlds he creates are a thing of awe, not to mention unimaginable cosmic horror emoji451.png

I've not read any in over a decade.....I just hope it's not too overtly racist as I don't want to be sat in the car at traffic lights with some middle aged white man dropping N bombs on my speakers.

signatures small.jpg

I've not read any in over a decade.....I just hope it's not too overtly racist as I don't want to be sat in the car at traffic lights with some middle aged white man dropping N bombs on my speakers.
No, that's not in his books fortunately.

He had some strange scientific approach to his racism but none of that in his fiction literature at all as far as I recall.

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

Just now, phil bottle said:

No, that's not in his books fortunately.

He had some strange scientific approach to his racism but none of that in his fiction literature at all as far as I recall.

Thank god for that, I already feel guilty for supporting his legacy by using my audible credit on it!

signatures small.jpg

Thank god for that, I already feel guilty for supporting his legacy by using my audible credit on it!
Mate, I despise racism, so it killed me when I found out all that stuff. But I remember him as a sad penniless man who died when he was 46, so hey ho.

However

Lovecraftian horror is a thing of genius and that can't be denied, hope you enjoy!

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

WWW.AMAZON.COM

"The Overstory" is a fantastic novel.  It starts as more of a collection of short stories, which then merge into an overall story, (roots into a trunk, it's all tree themed) and it's just beautifully written.  It even manages to paint hippies in a sympathetic light... 😉

Seriously, though, one of the best books I've read in awhile.