Worst Selling Handheld Gaming Console

IRaMPaGe

I never seen this one for sale in my part of Canada, but I remember reading some articles in various magazines about it.  It was one of those instances when trying to compete with the Gameboy was damn near impossible. 

The only other handheld console I ever wanted at the time was the Neo Geo Pocket Color.  Sadly, I never seen that one either...

*The opinions of Riff Machine do not reflect those of Forever Gaming ;)*

On 8/1/2022 at 5:50 PM, Riff Machine said:

The only other handheld console I ever wanted at the time was the Neo Geo Pocket Color.  Sadly, I never seen that one either...

This has become my favourite one so far....❤️

image.jpeg

I think you'll find there's two types of tiers in my view of handheld consoles - the ones that come from the main players that had their own software lines of games e.g. Gameboy, DS, Game Gear - and then theres the numerous smaller 3rd party handheld consoles that tried to emulate these players but in all honesty without their own software launches and inbuilt games only working for most, they never had a chance.

If we're thinking of more the bigger players, then I'd actually say the one that just doesn't set the world alight is the initial Sony PSP. Where the later PS Vita really was something very underrated due to its excellent extra features. I think Sony realised making something for DVDs which was a decent gimmick at the time just gave the handheld console too much weight and the games had to be manufactured at high prices with mini-discs within a plastic casing. Most games weren't the best either and weighs an absolute ton.

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

I'm so fucking jealous......

YOU HAVE AN FG MUG!!!!!!!!!!

🤪

*The opinions of Riff Machine do not reflect those of Forever Gaming ;)*