The PS1 console...

Luseth

Was my favourite growing up and I still have many of the games (albeit caseless) from my younger years. Back then I was very much a JRPG only fan (multiplayer online had not turned up yet and I was a bit of a loner in my younger years, really did not like people, to be fair I still don't 😄 )

But just thought I would share a couple of the games in my PS1 collection -

IMG_3491.thumb.jpeg.b21a2d568a6cc912e0d463092423e242.jpegIMG_3494.thumb.jpeg.b2df78c43e829fd70127ba779a405cf0.jpegIMG_3492.thumb.jpeg.0ae9bb95c1ef9b92b1fc4def7ffa5427.jpegIMG_3493.thumb.jpeg.bef520ba61b96232ce7d5c6174e6e577.jpeg

Nice collection @Luseth

I remember having Breath of Fire 4, but I can't really recall much of it. 

*The opinions of Riff Machine do not reflect those of Forever Gaming ;)*

I have a pretty big PS1 collection stashed away - I'd estimate about 75 games all in pretty mint condition. To name a few:-

Gran Turismo, Resident Evil 1-3, Final Fantasy 7-8,  Metal Gear Solid, Tekken 2, Die Hard Trilogy, Dino Crisis, Crash Bandicoot, Driver 1-2, Tomorrow Never Dies, Wipeout, Syphon Filter, Silent Hill, Tomb Raider 1-2, Medal of Honor etc..

21 hours ago, IRaMPaGe said:

and premier manager. 👍

I was an LMA Manager man myself😎

5 hours ago, J4MES OX4D said:

I have a pretty big PS1 collection stashed away - I'd estimate about 75 games all in pretty mint condition. To name a few:-

Gran Turismo, Resident Evil 1-3, Final Fantasy 7-8,  Metal Gear Solid, Tekken 2, Die Hard Trilogy, Dino Crisis, Crash Bandicoot, Driver 1-2, Tomorrow Never Dies, Wipeout, Syphon Filter, Silent Hill, Tomb Raider 1-2, Medal of Honor etc..

I was an LMA Manager man myself😎

LMA was great also, but Prem was around before LMA existed. 

I had fun with both of them. 

Digging some of the collection you listed, some sweet games being mentioned. 👍

Lovely collections! Can't beat the old ATB way of fighting, none of this new action styled ways! My brain can't cope and keep up 😅

Outside of Final Fantasy, what other JRPGs would you recommend? I never really came across any others as we were majorly into all types of sport games at the time. Literally anything from Cricket to Football to Racing. Although the PS1 was the era that brought Metal Gear Solid which was/is a masterpiece.

16 hours ago, GazzaGarratt said:

Lovely collections! Can't beat the old ATB way of fighting, none of this new action styled ways! My brain can't cope and keep up 😅

Outside of Final Fantasy, what other JRPGs would you recommend? I never really came across any others as we were majorly into all types of sport games at the time. Literally anything from Cricket to Football to Racing. Although the PS1 was the era that brought Metal Gear Solid which was/is a masterpiece.

JRPG's are very much my go to ^_^ But it depends a lot on the type of combat you enjoy, sticking with the retro theme game rather than moving to modern titles -

Tactical games, my go to would probably be fire emblem or shining force series (the latter being on megadrive albeit rather expensive these days)

For something similar to Final Fantasy, the Breath of Fire games are brilliant 🙂 

Otherwise it has got to be the Suikoden games probably ^_^ Some of the best JRPG's ever to be made (especially the PS1 era games)

I much prefer the turn based combat, the action style is fine but I just grew up on the turn based stuff and if done well it can be brilliant (Dragon Quest XI for example).