Minecraft (Modded) - Cuboid Outpost

Greboth

We have reached the end of the current modpack so the server will be changing over to a new pack.  As it's a co-operative quest based pack I am posting up and will put an event up for anyone that wants to join at the beginning.  The event will be 20:00 Monday 25 July and the server won't be available until this time.

What modpack is it?

Cuboid Outpost Luxury edition (version 1.1.2) https://www.curseforge.com/minecraft/modpacks/cuboid-outpost-le

What’s the story of ‘Cuboid Outpost’?

You’re stranded on a barren planet, life as you know it has come to an abrupt end, and you need to recreate civilization.  There are a few twists and turns along the way of course!

You start off at Cuboid Oupost 42, with minimal supplies but some decent equipment, only to find out that the Science Division at Cuboid Corp have accidently started a chain reaction that very shortly will bring about the total annihilation of your home planet.  Effectively, you’re standard!  Luckily there was just enough time for your supervisor to put together a digital survival guide to help you survive, restart life, and even travel to new dimensions.

What sort of modpack is it?

A beginner to intermediate tech pack with a lot of quests, that are shared and completed co-operatively, for those looking for something not too hard or expert.  The pack features a slightly different start to most packs and has a skyblock like experience without the skyblock.

How to install the modpack?

Unfortunately most modpacks can no longer be download using MultiMC so need to be downloaded through the Curseforge launcher.  The Curseforge launcher though, like MultiMC, does take a lot of the hassle out of modded like installing multiple versions of Minecraft, installing the right version of Forge etc.

Installing packs is reasonably self-explanatory; on the link above click the orange install button which will install the Curseforge launcher.  Once installed, select Minecraft and search for the modpack "Cuboid outpost" and make sure you install the luxury version.  It should take a few minutes to download the pack.  Before launching it, click the settings icon in the bottom left corner, select minecraft from the list on the left and increase the allocated memory to 6Gb (6,144 Mb) at minimum but recommended is 8Gb (8,192Mb).  Hovering over the modpack you should be able to select play, this should open the Minecraft launcher and you need to click the play button in the middle.  Any problems, I'm happy to help or go through it on Discord or even make a video for installing packs.

This is a relatively small modpack but will still take a minute or 2 to load it.

Server details;

IP Address: 62.210.41.17:25414

The server runs a whitelist so if you want to join, let me know your username and I will add you to the whitelist.

1103954298_AmosSignature.png.04556f304072cd09783cc1fdfec8fe9f.png

18 minutes ago, Plumbers Crack said:

White list me please Greeb and I’ll try to be more involved this time 👍

You’re always whitelisted….well except the times I forget when resetting the server but lets gloss over that.

You better get on early then as Matt @Misneach_ will have dug a huge hole, jankily built every machine in said hole and have the pack completed in roughly 27 minutes 😂

3 hours ago, Greboth said:

You’re always whitelisted….well except the times I forget when resetting the server but lets gloss over that.

You better get on early then as Matt @Misneach_ will have dug a huge hole, jankily built every machine in said hole and have the pack completed in roughly 27 minutes 😂

You know him so well !! 😂😂

fa91d1c7-2525-4709-a13b-ae6fabba557e.jpg

Thanks to Capn_Underpants for the artwork

@Plumbers Crack Dave and I managed to get for a couple of hours last night to start our journey towards survival.

We started out at Outpost 42, a standard outpost with the basics to survive.  Including some basic power, a small amount of digital storage and a couple machines most notably a pulverizer and electric furnace.

52242542808_7864d78d2e_o.png

52241552022_0e2c78c4d9_o.png

We spent out first few days and nights completing the first handful of quest steps; gathering some basic resources and a few drops from mobs.  The world is a barren place with only snow and notsogudiam stone but thankfully the notsogudium can be smelted in to basic ingots allowing us to make some basic armour and tools.  Running the notsogodium chunks we got from mining through the pulverizer not only allows us to double our ingot production it also allows us to get additional silica dust which I'm sure will be useful later.

In hunting some mobs we have had a few small creeper incidents

52242542658_6a7ddc5103_o.png

We thankfully got away with our lives, though myself only narrowly getting back in to the outpost with half a heart of health remaining.  Dave survived the creepers too right up until he uttered his final words "oh look an Enderman" for the death message to appear that Dave was killed by said Enderman.

The left most hole in the snow in the above is our mine where we've been gathering the notsogudium to make our tools and start to expand our machinery to make life at this outpost better.  The outpost is located in a frozen ocean, so I dug down and placed some water so we could gather some squid which I know we'll need shortly.  We had a few basic rations but those went quickly once we started to take damage from mob hunting so the water also allows us to hunt some fish which are our primary source of food currently.

52242542853_8ff179204c_o.png

We have managed to add a little to our oupost though, adding a few furnaces allowing us to smelt more items and with the aid of a couple of hoppers, semi automate the smelting of the mined notsogudium chunks in to ingots.

52241551997_89215ede9a_o.png

This allowed us to collect enough notsogudium to make a singularity that produces infinite quantities of notsogudium chunks.  We've fed this directly in to a chest and in to the pulverizer and furnace combo to automatically produce ingots for us.  Tucked in the corner is also a coal singularity that produces infinite coal.  It takes gathering several hundreds of any resource to make a singularity so it's going to be a while until we singularities for other resources.

52241551962_ddfabf641c_o.png

Due to the collapse of our home planet, we've been left with basically no resources so for now we're limited to the outpost.  But we're working towards brining back organic life and growing our first tree in this barren featureless snow covered world.  Once we have access to wood, our lives should become easier as we get access to apples to eat and wood to extend our outpost.  It also open up our ability to produce more resources as we move from surviving to thriving but that will have to wait until next time.

I think this is a great first read @Greboth, sounds like I really interesting questline for a Minecraft game. Is there helpful hints and tips for stuff they've added in the game that isn't in the vanilla game? Asking for a friend considering i've never heard of notsogudium before!!

And well done Dav @Plumbers Crack  for spotting the Enderman, just before he ended your life 😅🤣

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb