RDR/GTA4 Remasters Cancelled

It's kinda clear that they were going to offload these major remaster projects to probably the same shitty mobile developer that made the GTA Definitive Edition Trilogy. Neither game really needs a remaster - just another shameful cash-grab and if they were to go down this route then it would need the main developer houses to produce them - not some garbage mobile team who generates their assets with AI and has no QA testing in place.

Now they'll just focus on GTA 6 and how they can milk the living shit out of that for the rest of the century. 

gta4-1657040607643.jpg?width=1280
WWW.IGN.COM

After its GTA Trilogy remake performed poorly, Rockstar shelved Red Dead Redemption and GTA 4 remasters to focus on the upcoming GTA 6.

another example of corporate taking the "wrong" lessons in my opinion, they receive backlash for legitimate reasons that they could listen to and make a better product next time but better play it safe and scrap everything, also giving us the message that either we are going to worship everything they shovel out, no matter the quality of the product or they aren't going to give us anything at all because we are "unreasonable" etc

GTA 4 is still a good looking game on PC. All of the GTA rehashes have been awful and just further diminished the reputation of Rockstar.

It does make you wonder what GTA6 will turn out to be, as it's a bit difficult to parody other aspects of contemporary culture when you've embraced some of the worst aspects of it...

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

To be honest, the mod community have made GTA V into a masterpiece.  All rockstar need to do is create a basic game and leave it to the community.

20 hours ago, crispymorgan said:

I shall also buy a monkeybike......

I think temper expectations to expect something that looks like GTA 5.5 when we receive GTA6. I can't see how it could feel a brand new GTA game, unless it has a completely brand new map - if it was me, i'd suggest to put multiple maps in GTA6. Maybe also rebrand GTA6 to essentially THE GTA World. That way it opens the door easier for regular updates and people will forget they'll be flogging the new GTA for 20 years on whatever consoles are to come.

Tbh, I just want a better GTA party system. With GTA on this FG Friday, i'm sure we all want to play GTA rather than what we usually play is GTA Loading.

They only need to create the world and make it easy for people to create missions.  Downloadable missions, custom games etc etc.  If they only make a new map its not going to be as exciting, it needs to feel next gen, and that means another dimension to the game.  

20 hours ago, crispymorgan said:

I shall also buy a monkeybike......

On 7/7/2022 at 2:33 PM, GazzaGarratt said:

I think temper expectations to expect something that looks like GTA 5.5 when we receive GTA6. I can't see how it could feel a brand new GTA game, unless it has a completely brand new map - if it was me, i'd suggest to put multiple maps in GTA6. Maybe also rebrand GTA6 to essentially THE GTA World.

The new GTA is supposedly set in Florida and I have to give it Rockstar, they always seem to deliver games that are way ahead in the generation and timeless. The one trick they missed with GTA V however was failing to build upon the world they created by expanding the map and giving up a new campaign - they put every ounce of resources into multiplayer and ignored people that just wanted something for the single player aspect. An awful wasted opportunity really. I hope it doesn't resemble a live service in any way though - GTA has to be a single player title with an MP tacked on. Any hint of going down the live service/MP focused route and that could be very negative for the brand.

On 7/5/2022 at 11:38 PM, crispymorgan said:

To be honest, the mod community have made GTA V into a masterpiece.  All rockstar need to do is create a basic game and leave it to the community.

Too bad they've been DMCA'ing the shit out of all community content. This week alone Take Two have nuked all VR material and this was off the back of multiple takedowns already this year.  This mods are turning into YouTube video fodder sadly.