The 80s...

Luseth

I'm not sure what people's ages are on here, I missed out on the 80s (born 1990) but I have a fascination for a lot of things from that era, music, gadgets, fashion etc and it's something that I have never really implemented into my life. However I am sat here watching the first episode of stranger things and thinking how cool it would be to have some 80s themed items around my home (I'm sure my wife would kill me!)

Just curious if anyone has anything round their homes that is 80s styled or perhaps even retro, old gadgets, posters etc that they would be happy to show off?

I could find this thread falls flat on it's face as I'm weird but hey who knows 😄 

20220704_112110.jpg20220704_113310.jpg

Just vinyl, must have been 10 when that Ghostbusters song came out and I got a record player for my 10th birthday.

The first photo is what's left of my 12 inches and the second is when I'm a less excited 7 inches.

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

Whilst born in the 80s, I really wished I was old enough to experience it in full flow. The Disco's, the nightclubs, the extravagant and hilarious outfits and mullets. Plus, I think there was probably a lot more opportunity when it came to sport and maybe making it as a professional in some of them.

I'm not sure how much 80s stuff I have but I listen to a ton of music from that era. My probably my NES and Master System's come close as what I own. We used to have a Lamp from my Grandads that we put a new shade on it but the bottom was definitely 80s style. In the loft now, so i'll try and find it and share some pics when I can.

I was born in 86, so missed most of the fun in the 80's. I would more class myself as a 90's child in terms of growing up and the general experience. 

Unfortunately I don't own anything as far as I'm aware of from that time period. 

Yeh the 80s seemed such a cool era but I was 84 so was only a kid of course. I still love the music now though. I like the idea of how professional sports people just mingled in with the public a bit more. And yes I think what you mean about the sports lee is that even the ones who made it lived a more normal lifestyle it seemed, eg snooker and darts players swigging pints and having a fag between games and footballers getting on the sesh every weekend 😂 but there were no camera phones to capture it back then

I'm currently loving synthwave music.  Check out The midnight, LeBrock and any other synthwave artist.  Love driving the MR2 with the roof down to this, feels like I'm in Outrun 😄 

20 hours ago, crispymorgan said:

I shall also buy a monkeybike......

Ah the 80s, Thatcher, Yuppies, the Falklands, IRA bombings, Rick Astley, leaded petrol fumes, Jimmy Saville, poll tax, Liverpool FC, so glad I was too young for mist of it😅

The 80s for me were the Commodore 64, playing football with jumpers for goalposts, finding jazz mags in random bushes, a European trophy for Spurs that I only vaguely remember and discovering alternative music.

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

Ah the 80's my teenage years, zx spectrums, the last decent decade of popular music, sport was good and full of characters, I passed my driving test and went straight from school into an apprenticeship at the place I still work at. I went to see Madonna at roundhey park which is still the only gig I've ever been to😂.

Great times made better by the fact back then it was just dumb fun and I couldn't give a shit about any political crap.

Recently impulse bought this....

Screenshot_20220708-184503_Gallery.jpg