Crispy's glorious gaming build V2

crispymorgan

Sooooooo I got a bonus and need to spend it before it gets spent.  I bought myself a nice ultrawide monitor which has obviously taxed my current 1060 to within an inch of its life.  Do I wait for the 4000 series?  wait for the 3070 ti to drop a bit more in price?  Is intel the best CPU?  All these questions and more in todays episode of........

WHAT THE FUCK SHOULD I BUY?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

20 hours ago, crispymorgan said:

I shall also buy a monkeybike......

1 hour ago, crispymorgan said:

Sooooooo I got a bonus and need to spend it before it gets spent.  I bought myself a nice ultrawide monitor which has obviously taxed my current 1060 to within an inch of its life.  Do I wait for the 4000 series?  wait for the 3070 ti to drop a bit more in price?  Is intel the best CPU?  All these questions and more in todays episode of........

WHAT THE FUCK SHOULD I BUY?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Have fun watching this 🤗

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

I'd wait to see what the 4 series entails or when it will be available to buy...but if you see a cheap 3 series, go for it.

The big change these days is the power draw, as top end GPUs and CPUs are very, very hungry.

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

46 minutes ago, phil bottle said:

The big change these days is the power draw, as top end GPUs and CPUs are very, very hungry.

I can confirm this, especially with un-optimised games like 7DTD. However, the silver lining to this with the energy price crisis is that I can spend winter in the Man Cave with the PC on and the heating off! Simples! 🤣

fa91d1c7-2525-4709-a13b-ae6fabba557e.jpg

Thanks to Capn_Underpants for the artwork

My 3080 is something I expect to now last for my better days tbh, so i'm not too concerned about the 4 series. All games seem to work extremely well on that so I would suggest you go for something like 3070 at least to save yourself upgrading for a long time. With that, my only other suggestion would be to have all the RAM. Cos why not? 😄 I think again its something you never have to think about for, hopefully, forever again if you get something nearer 64GB.

The other PC gurus will have better advice on everything than me though, thats for sure. @Greboth @Tadnothad  @Diddums @RenFengge @TurboR56Mini  @Tar-Eruntalion  @Misneach_  @tronic44

2 hours ago, Diddums said:

No. Until you're seeing your RAM usage max out, it's a waste of money. Save the money until you actually need to upgrade, then see where the market lies. 

tbf i expected you to say that and i won't disagree as i'm not clued up as much as you all on that subject. All I know is that 16GB was being pushed on mine (appreciate I also had a problem with my PC) and as I wanted to play stuff like Star Citizen, etc at least 32GB should be looked at least. Especially as RAM isn't the most expensive thing to buy out of all the components.

Ok, so phase one of spend the money is complete.  Ryzen 5 5600x and nvidia 3070.  waited for the 40 series announcement....... fuck... that.

14 hours ago, crispymorgan said:

Ok, so phase one of spend the money is complete.  Ryzen 5 5600x and nvidia 3070.  waited for the 40 series announcement....... fuck... that.

So, what else do you need for the build??

13 hours ago, crispymorgan said:

It's all done.  Bought a prebuilt from Palicomp.  £1000 all in.

Surprised GIF by ION

Well, that was quick! Hows it running? Feel the difference already I assume?

On 9/27/2022 at 8:22 PM, crispymorgan said:

It's all done.  Bought a prebuilt from Palicomp.  £1000 all in.

Full details please, you're already overdue🧐

Plus what did you get Crispy Jr? 🤗

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

GameMax F15M MESH

AMD RYZEN 5 5600X - 3.7/4.6Ghz Turbo - 6 Core - 12 Threads 

HEATSINK/FAN For CPU Included

ASUS Prime B550M-A B550 Chipset - USB3.2 - DUAL M.2 - GEN4 PCIe

16GB DDR4 3000Mhz - CORSAIR - Vengeance LPX

1TB Samsung Nvme

nVIDIA | GeForce RTX 3070 8GB - HDMI-DP - VR Ready

750W PSU - Corsair Gold - 90% Efficiency (High Gaming)

It's pretty sweet, had a quick go on Day Z.  Obviously with the ultra wide monitor its got more pixels to chuck about, but it handles it nicely.

Alex has inherited my old rig, but I'd like to bump the GPU up a bit, the 7600K is a nice enough CPU for what he plays so no drama there.