Games you are looking forward to in the next 12-18 months

Luseth

Playing fifa the other night and it was discussed what games are coming up over the next couple of months. The past 6 months has been somewhat quiet with a couple of exceptions so thought to raise awareness about games that are coming up it might be worth us just talking about games we are looking forward to turning up in the near future so just to begin things -

Saints row - This looks like it might be a return to form with the last couple of games getting too wacky (is that a thing with saints row?) one of the noteworthy additions with this new game is that there is going to be the addition of drop in co op so you could play through the main game with a friend!

Hogwarts legacy - My wife is a huge fan of the series and I enjoyed it growing up. This looks like it could be the harry potter game everyone always wanted though it has been marred over the past year with some of J.K Rowlings opinions. That won't personally stop me and I am quite excited for this.

Marvels midnight suns - This is basically x-com with a marvel skin on it so far as I can tell. The recent x-com games have been brilliant so I can see this doing well.

Stalker - The original games were great so with the financial backing of microsoft I can see this really doing well. A true competitor to Fallout and let's be honest it won't take them much to be less buggy!

Final Fantasy XVI & VII Rebirth - I'm a huge fan of the series so these 2 are very high on my to buy list, I'm not really sure they need much of an introduction with how well known the series is.

I'm in no particular rush for a new game but here's what's on my wish list for 2022 and 2023:

S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
It's been delayed further and I hope it's worth the wait. I still play a modded version of the originals on PC that blends them all into one game and map. As I say, I hope they get it right 🙂

Starfield
I'm expecting a buggy Fallout in space so I don't get disappointed when that's what it turns out to be 🙂

Warhammer 40k Darktide
I'll be keeping an eye on this as I have friends who only play Warhammer games, table top and PC.

Baldur's Gate
It's available now in early access but I'm waiting for the proper release, as it's £50 on Steam.

Escape From Tarkov
Not technically a new game as it's been in early access a while...but a new patch drops tomorrow and their most anticipated map drops later this year.

Will also look out for Saints Row as previous titles were a  lot of fun.

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

Escape from tarkov - My PC struggled with this one, I'll be return

inindustria - cold war alternate reality shooter.  Seems very much like half life 2 dystopia vibe.  Just my jam.

Hellsinger - Shoot to the beat awesomeness with metal soundtrack.

Basically looking forward to rediscovering my games on ultra settings!

20 hours ago, crispymorgan said:

I shall also buy a monkeybike......

Forspoken - Sad about the delay, hoping it'll be good on release.

Hellsinger - Same reasons @crispymorgan gave.

Saint's Row - Very curious to see how this reboot stays true to the original games.

The Callisto Protocol - aka Dead Space 4

Moonscars - Love me my metroidvanias

(Insert game name here) - (Super obvious reason why Batman wants to play it in his underwear)

*The opinions of Riff Machine do not reflect those of Forever Gaming ;)*

Not much on the horizon that interests me - there's been a few interesting tech demos and trailers but nothing really worth shouting about that I'll have any real confidence in. Will probably be another 3 years before anything truly next gen comes out either.  I've cancelled my new PC order last month and will probably look to offload my PS5 in the coming weeks too. 

4 hours ago, J4MES OX4D said:

Not much on the horizon that interests me - there's been a few interesting tech demos and trailers but nothing really worth shouting about that I'll have any real confidence in. Will probably be another 3 years before anything truly next gen comes out either.  I've cancelled my new PC order last month and will probably look to offload my PS5 in the coming weeks too. 

I can appreciate that, the number of remasters and remakes coming through have sort of stagnated the games industry. People are buying them because there is nothing else but then developers keep making them knowing that it's an easy return and a fairly safe bet. I have a fair few games in my backlog at the moment but generally because they are so similar to what I have played recently it's difficult to muster up the enthusiasm to play them. It's another plus for retro games in that the variety is broader and much more diverse with ideas and the such.

1 hour ago, Luseth said:

I can appreciate that, the number of remasters and remakes coming through have sort of stagnated the games industry. People are buying them because there is nothing else but then developers keep making them knowing that it's an easy return and a fairly safe bet. I have a fair few games in my backlog at the moment but generally because they are so similar to what I have played recently it's difficult to muster up the enthusiasm to play them. It's another plus for retro games in that the variety is broader and much more diverse with ideas and the such.

Yeah I'm pretty much focusing on indie and retro right now - so many important developers getting drawn in to wasting time on rehashes and publishers still commissioning old gen games which is holding things back. There's really no standout, original or titles that take risks on the horizon and I'm sure we'll get another Assassin's Creed live service soon too that's a reskin of the last🤣

I haven't even bought a game in the Steam sale yet and feel I've played all I want to play on PC so far. If I ain't got it already then I don't want it or have no desire to play it, is where I'm at with that. 

So many frustrating delays too. 

Good thread @Luseth . Apart from Hogwarts Legacy that just looks cool to be a Wizard, I honestly want more time for all the games we've currently got rather than any new ones - the list of those is huge. I don't think there's much on the horizon anyway in terms of new games, even by looking above and seeing what you all are excited to play.

Thinking about FG and anything for us to group up on, I can only see Overwatch 2 and the new COD MW2 game that will likely grab us outside all the games we already play. It will be interesting to see what football games come out but i'm not in any rush to grab them considering we're having loads of fun on the current games out now.

On 6/28/2022 at 8:19 PM, IRaMPaGe said:

Also Grand Theft Auto VI in 2025?

You've got play GTA 5 on the PS6 and PS7 first 😎

On 6/28/2022 at 7:48 PM, phil bottle said:

Escape From Tarkov
Not technically a new game as it's been in early access a while...but a new patch drops tomorrow and their most anticipated map drops later this year.

One for me too but as you say, not a new game.

On 6/29/2022 at 2:19 AM, Riff Machine said:

(Insert game name here) - (Super obvious reason why Batman wants to play it in his underwear)

If a game does, we must have pics on FG or it didn't happen 😎

On 6/29/2022 at 9:42 AM, J4MES OX4D said:

I've cancelled my new PC order last month and will probably look to offload my PS5 in the coming weeks too. 

I think you should invest some time in some multiplayer games. Especially ones where FG are playing it at the same time you are 😄

10 hours ago, Helen09 said:

Oh, at least I get to play something new.

Thanks, Bot! 😄

I'm definitely looking forward to Callisto Protocol, i do love a space horror lol. 

Hoping God of War Ragnarok comes out this year, but i'll deffo be getting that whenever it arrives. The Suicide Squad game is still one that peaks my interest, same with Gotham Knights. Plus the next Dark Pictures game The Devil in Me is one i'm looking forward to as well