Favourite Takeaway

IRaMPaGe

Favourite Takeaway   

14 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

8 minutes ago, Tar-Eruntalion said:

pizza and gyros, bbq is nice and sadly i have barely eaten anything asian so don't know that much about them to be honest

Is there not much choice of Asian food in Greece? Or is it just something you never got a chance to try because the family prefer other things as a main choice? 

Pizza probably is joint first with Chinese for me, mainly because I just don't try too many things but I LOVE Chicken Fried Rice soooooo much then it wins. Plus Prawn Crackers are da bomb.

14 hours ago, IRaMPaGe said:

Is there not much choice of Asian food in Greece? Or is it just something you never got a chance to try because the family prefer other things as a main choice? 

from what i have seen there isn't that much of a choice, sadly. There are some asian restaurants but they have either a few select dishes like a couple of ramen dishes or are very expensive, but the good thing is that we have started cooking asian recipes we find on the internet, simple stuff like stir frys etc nothing too fancy, at least you can find the most common ingredients to make asian recipes

7 hours ago, Tar-Eruntalion said:

from what i have seen there isn't that much of a choice, sadly. There are some asian restaurants but they have either a few select dishes like a couple of ramen dishes or are very expensive, but the good thing is that we have started cooking asian recipes we find on the internet, simple stuff like stir frys etc nothing too fancy, at least you can find the most common ingredients to make asian recipes

Yeah I totally understand that, was just curious to what you had available over there. Like you say, limited choice or expensive and it's not really worth it. 

I do love the fact you and the family are looking up recipes online and making different dishes to try. 

Is a really good way of doing it. 😊

28 minutes ago, IRaMPaGe said:

Yeah I totally understand that, was just curious to what you had available over there. Like you say, limited choice or expensive and it's not really worth it. 

I do love the fact you and the family are looking up recipes online and making different dishes to try. 

Is a really good way of doing it. 😊

food is for me and my family one of the ways you can "explore" another culture since cooking and food is SO important to us mediterranean people, we have a great time bonding over making it, trying new combos, new ingredients and i have always liked being in the kitchen, some of my earliest memories are sitting in the kitchen and watching my mum cook, "helping" her, you know passing her the salt or pepper since i was too small to be of any true help, but i am thankful that we are open minded and curious enough that we don't dismiss the cuisines of other cultures and even though we are poor and it's getting worse with the last decades shitstorms we can get a glimpse into another culture from our home even if it's miniscule

40 minutes ago, slamminbones said:

Nout wrong with doner meat and salad swimming in multiple sauces 😅

Aye I'm all for the red cabbage, onions, garlic mayo sauce and chili sauce. But the donkey meat is not for me. 

I just don't like lamb. In doner terms mutton, an old lamby. 

1 hour ago, IRaMPaGe said:

Aye I'm all for the red cabbage, onions, garlic mayo sauce and chili sauce. But the donkey meat is not for me. 

I just don't like lamb. In doner terms mutton, an old lamby. 

Yeah I'm the same, I can manage lamb in a roast with a decent gravy but otherwise I don't like gamey tasting meat.

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

On 6/20/2022 at 7:09 PM, IRaMPaGe said:

but a good Indian wins for me. It's just more expensive imo. 

This is what usually puts me off unfortunately. And even then it never really fills me up because I don't eat a huge curry. Usually now its Chicken Kurayi.

22 hours ago, Antpool84 said:

Nothing more disappointing than craving a takeaway and it arrives and is crap lol

Ain't that the truth! You can add when they give the wrong dish for a vegetarian, that's a nightmare for me! Dealing with wife's agony whilst I have to drive back there to get a fresh meal 😅

On 6/20/2022 at 7:03 PM, Luseth said:

but i do like a donner meat and chips!

16 hours ago, slamminbones said:

Nout wrong with doner meat and salad swimming in multiple sauces 😅

15 hours ago, IRaMPaGe said:

But the donkey meat is not for me.

14 hours ago, phil bottle said:

Yeah I'm the same, I can manage lamb in a roast with a decent gravy but otherwise I don't like gamey tasting meat.

Used to absolutely love doner meat, although absolutely no salad whatsoever Paul, thanks very much! 😄 I think over the years its not been as tasty as it once was. Maybe because i don't go out as much and it used to be a great meal at the end of a drinking session.

23 hours ago, GazzaGarratt said:

Ain't that the truth! You can add when they give the wrong dish for a vegetarian, that's a nightmare for me! Dealing with wife's agony whilst I have to drive back there to get a fresh meal 😅

Nooooooo!!! That would be the worst!! So glad none of us are vegetarian lol

1 hour ago, Antpool84 said:

Nooooooo!!! That would be the worst!! So glad none of us are vegetarian lol

Mate, we have a vegan on here, we cover all the bases 🙂

But for bacon sarnies I'd like to think I'd have gone veggie years ago but that would be a lie 😅

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

2 minutes ago, phil bottle said:

Mate, we have a vegan on here, we cover all the bases 🙂

But for bacon sarnies I'd like to think I'd have gone veggie years ago but that would be a lie 😅

Lol meant at home, I know we've got all sorts on here 😂

Man, this is a hard choice.  I have way too many to choose from.  Pizza is definetly up there, as I do love me a good pizza pie.  There's a shawarma place in town that is 100% the best in the city.  I'm always a sucker for some cheeseburgers, fast food or a dedicated place like The Works here in town.  They do some crazy stuffed burgers that are amazing.  Sub sandwiches are a staple in the house as well.  Specialty poutines at a local place here are really good too, and we can't forget wings and chicken sandwiches.  

Fuck it, I'm not choosing...  I love them all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*The opinions of Riff Machine do not reflect those of Forever Gaming ;)*